Sign in to follow this  
PLund

EDDF ERR: 36 RWY N/A

Hi guys,

I am currently preparing a flight from the US back to EDDF. When plotting EDDF in the FMC I get this error "EDDF ERR: 36 RWY N/A.

When I then go to DEP/ARR and select EDDF there are no runways or STARS. I had the same problem earlier when I left EDDF but could manually select 07C by writing it on RTE1 under Runway.

Don´t know if this is a Navdatapro error or FMC. I tried to download the AIRAC again but the same error comes up.

Best regards

Peter Lund

I am currently preparing a flight from the US back to EDDF. When plotting EDDF in the FMC I get this error "EDDF ERR: 36 RWY N/A.

When I then go to DEP/ARR and select EDDF there are no runways or STARS. I had the same problem earlier when I left EDDF but could manually select 07C by writing it on RTE1 under Runway.

Don´t know if this is a Navdatapro error or FMC. I tried to download the AIRAC again but the same error comes up.

Hi Peter, 

Try deleting ARPT_RWY.dat, located in FSX/PMDG/Navdata folder.  It is a cache file used by the 777 and 747, and occasionally causes such problems.  It will rebuild when you next start up one of these two planes.  You can back it up to be extra careful, outside of that folder.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

If you had actually bothered looking at the charts, you would have noticed that Runway 36 does not exit. It is closed for take offs and landings, hence no SIDs and no STARs. The other end is just for take offs.

If you had actually bothered looking at the charts, you would have noticed that Runway 36 does not exit. It is closed for take offs and landings, hence no SIDs and no STARs. The other end is just for take offs.

The OP said that he had no runways or STARs at all.  He also said that he could not get a SID for Runway 7C.  If you look in the current, 1702 Airac SID/STAR file you will see that there are SIDs for Runway 7C.  Did you load your 747 and see if SIDs are available for Runway 7C?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Peter, 

Try deleting ARPT_RWY.dat, located in FSX/PMDG/Navdata folder.  It is a cache file used by the 777 and 747, and occasionally causes such problems.  It will rebuild when you next start up one of these two planes.  You can back it up to be extra careful, outside of that folder.

Mike

Thanks Mike, that solved the problem :smile:

Nizar, if you had actually bothered reading the whole post and not only the first two lines you would see that the problem was not that I couldn´t chose RWY36, but all the runways and procedures was missing.

I also find you post condescending.

For your info I can tell so much that I started flying on Vatsim in 2002 and the same year I joined my first Virtual Airline. For the past 15 years I have accumulated over 18.000 hours on Vatsim where 11.175 hours are combined in the 3 VA I am flying for. So I do have some knowledge about flying ect.

Bonus info: Since the procedures and runways where missing I actually had to my charts to plot in the SID manually and the same when I came back I got to use my charts again to plot in the transition into EDDF.

The OP said that he had no runways or STARs at all.  He also said that he could not get a SID for Runway 7C.  If you look in the current, 1702 Airac SID/STAR file you will see that there are SIDs for Runway 7C.  Did you load your 747 and see if SIDs are available for Runway 7C?

Mike

Thanks Mike, I appriciate your support :good:

Best regards

Peter Lund

Peter, I did not mean to be condescending, especially not to a VATSIM fellow :wink: ...it was more of a rolling eyes joke. I read your original post that you are trying to choose SIDs and STARs for runway 36 and it shows nothing. I'm happy you got your problem solved.