Sign in to follow this  
EuroTruckGuy

HELP! FSX:SE Graphics Have Gotten Worse

Hi,

I have recently noticed that my graphics and frame rate have decreased. I did not install any new addons, update fsx, or even do anything different on my pc! One night, my graphics and fps were good (as usual), but I shut down my pc, and the next day when I powered on my pc and loaded fsx, I had lost at least 10 fps, and the textures in FTX Global had a noticeably lower resolution, and there were pop-ins EVERYWHERE! Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/ZXBs7

UPDATE: The only thing that changed between when I had good fps+graphics to bad fps+graphics was that vPilot came out with an update, which I didnt install.

I just did some testing, and if I pause the sim and sit there for a minute, everything pops in, and my graphics are back to looking amazing. But, if I keep flying, everything keeps popping in, close to my plane.

Did you updated you graphic driver recently?

No, I did not change anything on my pc. One day everything was fine, the next day there are pop ins everywhere.

That's strange.... But looking at the pics I can't see what is the problem, both pics look good to me. As per FPS,  Is that FSLab Airbus? Did you updated to v.197? You are on P3D or FSX......?

That's strange.... But looking at the pics I can't see what is the problem, both pics look good to me. As per FPS,  Is that FSLab Airbus? Did you updated to v.197? You are on P3D or FSX......?

I am on FSX Steam Edition, and that is the Aerosoft Airbus a320. I figured out that the graphics look worse because the textures and autogen are rendering in much closer to my aircraft than before. For example, things used to look blurry about 50 miles out, and now they are blurry about 3 miles from my aircraft. If I pause the sim for a while, the correct texture resolutions and autogen finally pop in, and the sim looks stunning again. As soon as I unpause and fly above new ground, the same thing happens again, with blurry textures and autogen popping in very close to me.

It looks like some autogen issue....I had some similar issues recently and after a while...  save your .cfg, delete and start all over again and tune it little by little. Nothing can happen and it is quick diagnostics. You are running DX10 I assume and Steve's Fixer?

It looks like some autogen issue....I had some similar issues recently and after a while...  save your .cfg, delete and start all over again and tune it little by little. Nothing can happen and it is quick diagnostics. You are running DX10 I assume and Steve's Fixer?

No, Im currently not running the DX10 fixer, or DX10 preview mode. I would, but its kinda expensive for a tweak. I will try reverting back to my default config, but like I said, this started happening without me changing a single thing. Thank you for helping me so far!

No problem.....But you should consider DX10,,,,,

Sure! I would, but I really don't see any advantages to it. What does DX10 change in terms of graphics and performance? Will I get better fps? Also, I reverted back to by old config for testing, and the autogen/texture problem is still happening. I only had 2 config edits in the first place LOL. I will try to record a short video for you, but fraps is acting up a bit!

DX10 has a better graphics and makes VAS and FPS more usable and better performance. Also with a fixer you have your graphics config at a glance and all important graphics accessible and adjustable i.e. lights, clouds, etc. after all it's not that pricey.

DX10 has a better graphics and makes VAS and FPS more usable and better performance. Also with a fixer you have your graphics config at a glance and all important graphics accessible and adjustable i.e. lights, clouds, etc. after all it's not that pricey.

Cool! I will definitely look into it. My video is currently uploading so you can see exactly what is happening to my fsx. (its only 30 seconds) I'll link it once its up!

Look for other programs running in the background.. it seems like something is taking away CPU cycles..

Use Task Manager, Performance Tab to see what is consuming CPU cycles.

... or your system is overheating..

• Upvote 1

Bert

Look for other programs running in the background.. it seems like something is taking away CPU cycles..

I ran task mamger while playing fsx, and FSX never used more than 38% of my cpu! That explains why my pc is freezing cold when it runs fsx, but heats up a bit while playing EuroTruckSim......

Here is the link to my short video showing my issue: