Sign in to follow this  
EuroTruckGuy

HELP! FSX:SE Graphics Have Gotten Worse

Popping autogen is not an issues to be fixed (in FSX), it is an inherent way of

how FSX is programmed.  If you load up the CPU enough, it cannot keep up and

popups that are usually a bit further out, move into close range.. and can become

quite visible, and annoying...

P3D is better in this regard.

Bert

Popping autogen is not an issues to be fixed (in FSX), it is an inherent way of

how FSX is programmed.  If you load up the CPU enough, it cannot keep up and

popups that are usually a bit further out, move into close range.. and can become

quite visible, and annoying...

P3D is better in this regard.

Thanks, but I don't know why my autogen is popping in closer than it was before, seeing as my cpu usage has not changed. Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks for your help.

Please!? Anyone.... I've been trying to troubleshoot and solve this problem for 4 1/2 hours with no luck! I don't know what else to do. :(

Hi, well first of all: relax young rocket. It's not the end of the world. ;-)

What version of Windows are you running? Windows 10 for example updates drivers automatically. A rollback may be required. What are your hardware specifications?

Did you try to exclude the fsx.exe proces in your antivirus? This sometimes helps.

FSX:SE is running on Steam. Doublecheck if Steam hasn't updated your graphic drivers for you. (It's a feature in Steam that's on by default). It would do this in the background which would X-Plane (....I'm hilarious...) why you wouldn't even know it happened ánd why it suddenly happened after a reboot.

You say 'nothing changed'. Well, something obviously did change so let's find out what that is. In the mean time, get yourself p3d (...I just wet myself!...) for the circumstance that you just need to learn and live with this. It's normal behaviour for FSX tot pop-in its autogen this way because, like Bert said, it's just the way FSX is coded. To be honest: I have never seen it differently.

Keep us posted!

Hi, well first of all: relax young rocket. It's not the end of the world. ;-)

Lol I'm sorry, I guess I've been spoiled with games that have no issues in the past, and now a bug appears, and I go crazy :) .

I am running Windows 10, and I have Windows

Updates turned off, and none of my driver's were updated within the past 3 weeks (I went through the entire drivers page selecting every item, is there an easier way to do this?!)

My specs are: Intel core i3 6100 (it works REALLY well for a dual core) 8gb ddr4 RAM, 128gb SSD (only 17gb left Lol), MSI GTX 1050ti, and a corsair spec 01 case.

Did you try to exclude the fsx.exe proces in your antivirus? This sometimes helps.

Since installing Fsx, I have had my Windows Defender antivirus disabled.

I will check the steam thing you talked about, and I WOULD LOVE to get p3d (I wanted to get it originally) but I really can't afford it right now. (Flight lessons are EXPENSIVE!)

Thank you, so far you are the most helpful person!

Have you tried removing your current fsx.cfg and letting it rebuild?

I have tried reverting back to my original config that didn't have any edits (I have it backed up), and it didn't help. My GPU drivers were not updated, and I am testing fsx as I write this. I was on the forums and I read this:

"There are some things that can alleviate the popping of AG however. If the AG loads quicker, it will not be quite so apparent. The longer AG takes to load then the nearer it will be to the aircraft, due to the delay and so you become more aware of it. So, it's once again horses for courses. Take some opf the CPU intensive work from the framerate and give it back to scenery loading and it will help. It will also help with blurries too. If you run your LOD at 10.5 you will inevitably end up with problems, I promise. I have experimented extensively and to be absolutely honest, while there is a difference between say the default 4.5 and 7. it will not be very apparent. So as the other guys suggested, 5.5 is a good compromise, but to be honest I'd be surprised if you see more than a very small difference. My advice would be to lock frames at 25 or 30, I have mine locked at 26 and see my sig! it was the best thing I've ever done. It's given back some of the CPU power back to loading scenery. So as an experiment, I suggest, you lock your framerate at 25, set your AG slider at normal, LOD at 5.5, untick all the relevent boxes in FSX CP and then let us all know how you get on."

Dont just copy paste an older cfg file from before. As counter intuitive as it sounds, you need to remove whats there completely and let the sim rebuild it from scratch. Try it again like that before you HAND TYPE your edits back into the new one.

Secondly are you using Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Inspector? Make sure power management mode is set to max performance.

Dont just copy paste an older cfg file from before. As counter intuitive as it sounds, you need to remove whats there completely and let the sim rebuild it from scratch. Try it again like that before you HAND TYPE your edits back into the new one.

Secondly are you using Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Inspector? Make sure power management mode is set to max performance.

Ok, ill do that right now. I am not using nvidia inspector. Will post results soon!

Well, after looking at your video I have to say that that's how FSX works...LOL... Try lowering your scenery and texture load....

But you might not accomplish much......I have heavy scenery and I haven't been able to solve that  problem. In terms of CPU usage, FSX is very Hungry....and it will use CPU. Along with everything else running in background, cold get high. You have to see what is in the background and decide what you need and what is important or not.

Well, after looking at your video I have to say that that's how FSX works...LOL... Try lowering your scenery and texture load....

But you might not accomplish much......I have heavy scenery and I haven't been able to solve that  problem. In terms of CPU usage, FSX is very Hungry....and it will use CPU. Along with everything else running in background, cold get high. You have to see what is in the background and decide what you need and what is important or not.

My FSX cpu usage is super low, it never uses more than 38%. I dont know what happened, autogen used to pop in at a far distance, and now it doesnt. Nothing has solved the issue so far. Also, in FSX youtube videos (I recommend Matt Davies) the autogen pops in at a good distance, like mine used to. if you look at my screenshots from the start of this thread, you can see that everything was popped i and the sim looked amazing, then in the second one, things were barren and low res, and take a while to pop in.

If you look at the Performance tab in Task Manager, you'll see that one CPU core is heavily loaded at all times.

The other is used for scenery loading.

It is possible that you are flying into more detailed scenery than you were before, or you are choosing

more clouds or other items that require systems resources.

One more time, make sure that no other process is running in the background.

At one time, I had a Windows update routine running that sucked CPU resources,

and slow scenery loading was the visual effect..

Bert

If you look at the Performance tab in Task Manager, you'll see that one CPU core is heavily loaded at all times.

It is possible that you are flying into more detailed scenery than you were before, or you are choosing

more clouds or other items that require systems resources.

One more time, make sure that no other process is running in the background.

At one time, I had a Windows update routine running that sucked CPU resources,

and slow scenery loading was the visual effect..

I am flying into the same scenery, but I might have bumped up my cloud setting to 80 miles. No other proceses are running (besides windows ones that use less than 0.3% cpu)

Ok, I will test this, post results and a screenshot soon!

Thanks,

David

Ok, I've finished the testing.

Here is FSX with cloud radius down to 70: http://imgur.com/GyFpyiP

Here is FSX with cloud radius at my usual 80: http://imgur.com/1uwy1gv NOTE: the random cpu drop was because I paused the sim for a few seconds.

Core 1 is maxed out with both cloud settings, core 2 is about 30%, and 3&4 are barely used. 

As you can see, the autogen issue continues in both screenshots.  

Looking at that video, I'm surprised you didn't have that problem before. Very common problem in FSX even with powerful systems. I aslo see it's Frankfurt, which is quite hard on the system, especially with the Aerosoft addon. You're flying low and fast, which generally is also tough for the system.

Are sure you are replicating your scenario exactly? Same region, same altitude, same aircraft, same airspeed? If not, that could make up the whole difference.

Looking at that video, I'm surprised you didn't have that problem before. Very common problem in FSX even with powerful systems. I aslo see it's Frankfurt, which is quite hard on the system, especially with the Aerosoft addon. You're flying low and fast, which generally is also tough for the system.

Are sure you are replicating your scenario exactly? Same region, same altitude, same aircraft, same airspeed? If not, that could make up the whole difference.

I first noticed this issue when I was on my usual route from Schiphol to London Gatwick in the aerosoft a320 (I always use it on that route), same altitude, airspeed, same route, etc. I only went to frankfurt and flew low to test any changes I'm making to help fix this, as filing a flightplan, going through climb, cruise, and to that exact same spot, takes waaaay to long. It doesn't matter for me anyway; no matter where I go, how high I go, this still happens.