Sign in to follow this  
Hawk777th

Need Some Help New User? FSX:SE

I grabbed the patcher and read the instructions and am having a problem.

I followed the instructions step by step. I loaded library made changes to REX and enabled DX10 in the controller. When I load into flight the game just flat out crashes. Screen goes black like its going to load then crashes to desktop. Windows reports it crashed.

I only have REX Essentials Plus and Aircraft installed. Its pretty clean FSX install.

Thanks for any help!

My Rig is

Win 10

5960X

32GB DDR 4

Titan X

Dell 3415W 21:9 Monitor

Did you test running dx10 preview before purchase?

If you uninstall the libraries and run in dx10 preview without the fixer does it crash?

Do you have two GPUs?

Is this just the fixer or the fixer and cloud shadows?

Can you provide your name and order number as well please ( not the license). Actually I can recognise your order from your user name.

No I didnt test it before purchase as I figured it was still broken as always which is why I purchased your patch. That being said I havent had it crash when trying to use it in the past. Is there a way to get a crash log?

It does crash with DX10 Preview enabled at all.

I do have multiple GPUs but I leave SLI off with FSX always.

Yes I am afraid dx10 in fsx does not work with dual GPUs, it crashes on startup.

Its an issue in the fsx core. There is a warning on the purchase page. I will issue you a refund.

Sli links the two GPUs into one and is ok I so far as I know.

two GPUs that are visible to fsx does not work.

It may be possible to disable the monitors attached to one in Nvidia control panel, but i have never tested this.

Let me see if SLI will let it work at all. 

Windows 10 and DX 12 which is native to it changed how the GPUs are seen in DX which is why its now a huge pain for developers to implement it.

Sorry for late reply been busy in real life. I couldn't get it to work no matter what I tweaked. I am going to pull one of my Titans out so I am single GPU and see if it stops the crash.

Hey Steve,

I have traced the problem to running dual monitors. I went to single GPU and it still CTD. It tries to launch on my secondary smaller monitor and just crashes. My guess is cause the other monitor is smaller? Is there an Nvidia setting to force it to stay on my large monitor? If the other monitor is plugged in it tries to launch on it even though its not set as primary/default.

I have my 21:9 for FSX and a 1080P monitor sitting next to it for charts etc. I only use FSX on the 21:9.

I found this old thread? I dont understand what to edit? I feel you understand FSX alot better. Is there a separate CFG for DX 10?

Theres gotta be more than me playing with more than one monitor plugged in. 

Thanks for any help!

Have you tried swapping the cables?  

Thats a confusing thread and didn't resolve anything 

there is only one fsx.cfg

you should see two entries ending .0.0. And .0.1

all you can do is check the resolutions match your monitors.

the primary when you launch fsx probably relates to the gpu port in some way.  If you run Nvidia control center and ask it to identify displays which is one?

Ya my big monitor is set as primary in Nvidia. I even deleted the other monitor out of the CFG and it comes back when u launch FSX. In DX9 it always launches correct as soon as DX10 is applied it tries to launch to wrong monitor.