Sign in to follow this  
softreset

Taxi speed issues

edit:

just tried KDEN, ISA conditions, pilot only, 50% fuel.  

speed levers LOW > NO power required at all to start taxiing, speed builds up to around 20kts, above that acceleration slows and stops at 28ias/31tas and the speeds stays there.

speed levers HIGH> 10% torque required to start taxiing, speed builds slowly up to 7kias/tas and stays there.

btw I love the links below your sig!

Alright, replicated. KDEN, ISA, pilot only, 50% fuel (split evenly).

Speed levers LOW > I needed a little power but not much, speed builds to around 20kts (23 in my case) and acceleration slowed/stopped at the same range 28/30 IAS and stayed there.

Speed levers HIGH > similar torque to start taxing, speed built to about 13 kias and stayed there.

So I'm able to replicate that scenario with the same weight. That's good.

Really, what it sounds like, is that my performance expectation is misinformed. The Dornier is performing correctly, what I need to adjust is my expectation of how it should perform.

Thanks for your response and for sticking with the thread. :)

Yeah, I make sure to check the Eaglesoft forums daily. Love the Citation X, it's an incredible add-on that has aged extremely well. But man, some of the stuff that's said in that forum is... well... perhaps also like a fine aged wine.  :dance:

I'd say 50% perfect. It really shouldn't be the case that the Do is faster with the speedlevers at HIGH than with the speedlevers at LOW. But at least there's an easy workaround.

As the Do is still rather new Carenado might be able and willing to fix this problem.  Sent them an e-mail with a detailed report for the Do 228 and C441 problem and at least they said that they are planning to fix this issue soon.

I'd say 50% perfect. It really shouldn't be the case that the Do is faster with the speedlevers at HIGH than with the speedlevers at LOW. But at least there's an easy workaround.

As the Do is still rather new Carenado might be able and willing to fix this problem.  Sent them an e-mail with a detailed report for the Do 228 and C441 problem and at least they said that they are planning to fix this issue soon.

Works for me. I'll ping Carenado as well regarding the unexpected taxi behavior.

Ooops, serious mixup in my above post.  Should of course be the other way round:

It really shouldn't be the case that the Do228 is SLOWER with the speedlevers at HIGH than with the speedlevers at LOW.

Understood. I've reached out to Carenado and they've indicated that this is the first report they've received. I also reached out to a couple of YouTube simmers that have filmed the Dornier. In all of the videos, it's impossible to determine their taxi speed and engine speed lever position.

Made a video showing what i'm experiencing as Carenado support has requested it.

- Engine Speed Levers at 0% 

- Engine Speed Levers at 100% 

Was this ever fixed ?

My do228 in P3D v4.3 just wants to turn left on take off roll.

I need to fight the rudder pedals to keep it straight.

There are no settings that I can find that allow me to adjust Rudder effectiveness or P factor.... nada !

But daft thing is, there is no turning tendency in air.

So wrong on both counts. Bad behaviour in air and on ground.

1 hour ago, Gabe777 said:

1. My do228 in P3D v4.3 just wants to turn left on take off roll.

2. I need to fight the rudder pedals to keep it straight.

3. There are no settings that I can find that allow me to adjust Rudder effectiveness or P factor.... nada !

4. But daft thing is, there is no turning tendency in air.

5. So wrong on both counts. Bad behaviour in air and on ground.

1. That's correct since the props are not counter rotating.

2. You shouldn't fight the rudder pedals, you should simply use them.

3. Check the aircraft.cfg file and the P3D realism menu.

4. Of course not, due to e.g. the higher speed.

5. You are wrong on both accounts. See above.

Edited by J35OE