Sign in to follow this  
DatGuyZA

Polar Air Cargo N451PA - Taxi Light Switch

Hi All,

I seem to be missing the taxi light switch in the Polar Air Cargo (N451PA) downloaded through the Operation Center.

I have not found an option in the CDU to toggle it, but may have missed it. The other 400F's I have have the swith but this one does not ... any thing i can check? 

See the below screen shot:

Polar%20Air%20Cargo%20N451PA%20-%20Taxi%

I have updated the livery to the latest one too.

Thanks

Robert

Please forgive my blondeness.... I found the taxi light in the CDU!!

Rob

Regards

Rob Kirk

Some company's opted out of having a taxi light fitted - more maintenance and used the two inner main landing lights for taxi. PMDG did it right when doing 747.

Not at computer but I think there is an option to put it in if you wish.

Sent from iPad

All the best

Denis B

Hey Rob,

surely others with better knowledge will be able to provide you with further detail, but be aware that not every operator opted for the taxi light switch. There are 744s flying around without this feature. For example, Air France frames come to mind.

Given the fact that N451PA was ordered by GECAS (747-46NF) where 46NF is Boeing's customer code for GE Capital Aviation (GECAS), I would not be surprised that they have opted not to use it.

EDIT: Another airline that have not installed this switch was Air New Zealand (-419).

Cheers,
Andrej

Hey Rob,

surely others with better knowledge will be able to provide you with further detail, but be aware that not every operator opted for the taxi light switch. There are 744s flying around without this feature. For example, Air France frames come to mind.

Given the fact that N451PA was ordered by GECAS (747-46NF) where 46NF is Boeing's customer code for GE Capital Aviation (GECAS), I would not be surprised that they have opted not to use it.

EDIT: Another airline that have not installed this switch was Air New Zealand (-419).

Cheers,

Andrej

Polar ordered their airplanes through leasing companies without the taxi switch that is why the aircraft ending in PA for Polar have different options than their parent company Atlas registrations ending in MC. - David Lee

There is an option in the cdu setup, page 18 under Aircraft setup, TAXI LIGHTS INSTALLED -> Yes/No. Everything under Aircraft is livery specific.

Check the Introduction pdf, read it. All configs in the CDU setup pages are explained  there.

Per W Sweden

That's very interesting, Thanks guys, I eventually found the toggle in the CDU, as I would never have thought it to be an option.

What an amazing simulation this is!!

Rob

Regards

Rob Kirk

You will find the same setting on British Airways for example. Really appreciate the real world emulation of these options!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

The answers here are correct:  This is, surprisingly to some, one of the many cockpit options that Boeing offers.  If you really miss the taxi light, you can find the option in the FMS.  Navigate to PMDG SETUP>AIRCRAFT>EQUIPMENT  and then navigate to Page 18.  You will find the option there.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg