Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Accurate KLM Cargo (Martinair) 400ERF config?

Impossible anyway for PH-CKA and PH-CKB, as they have the old MCP installed - unfortunately, PMDG disabled this option in the FMC for the -400ERF :(

• Upvote 1

Roman,

I'm not entirely sure that's accurate. To my knowledge, no ERs or ERFs came with old-style anything.

Here's an example countering your point about CKA having an old style MCP: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/123638

EDIT:

...and CKB: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/151262

Kyle Rodgers

They "retrofited" CKA and CKB with old style MCP.

Here's a video of CKB from 12/12/2016

• Upvote 1

Mauricio Brentano

Weird. I'm assuming that came in with Martinair operating them? I can't think of any reason why they'd swap it back. It's not like it's a huge HF consideration. SWA's resistance to using VNAV and A/T was at least due to some function-based commonality between planes. This is more of a visual thing: same AP modes, same buttons, same knobs...

I'll mention it to the team.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Maybe due to there being more of the old style MCP around. If one breaks it may be cheaper to put in an old one instead of the newer model.

Marius S

PH-CKC with the new mcp okt 9 2016

PH-CKA with new mcp nov 11 2013

PH-CKB with old mcp nov 13 2016

• Upvote 1

CKA with old MCP dec 06 2016:

PS.: His videos are really nice. Sometimes he uploads 2 or 3 at the same time.

• Upvote 1

Mauricio Brentano

Thank you for all your posts - looking forward to a possible update :smile:

Any possibility to add LCD/CRT display change for each display? Already saw a CRT-747 with an LCD ND on the right side...

EI-XLN, Transaero

4f03f346a9jvjo2.jpg

Or Cargolux with LCD screen in the middle only: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7273649

Here with the lower screen as LCD: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/6420203

What MCP style is fitted depends on what you have in stock. Tomorrow they could change back to the new style, so I don't know why it should bother pilots or simmers.

With CRT vs LCD instrument displays, the matter gets a little more complicated. There are software issues to consider. 

(EDIT: From memory, I believe single displays may be changed to CRT/LCD for a certain time period. e.g. to get you home (if the unit fails at an outstation) ...or perhaps until the MEL expires. For long term, it's best to change all the displays to a single type.

Cheers

John H Watson

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

(EDIT: From memory, I believe single displays may be changed to CRT/LCD for a certain time period. e.g. to get you home (if the unit fails at an outstation) ...or perhaps until the MEL expires. For long term, it's best to change all the displays to a single type.

That might be a recommendation, because EI-XLN was flying with this LCD screen for months!

However, this feature would be a "nice to have" in the FMS, nothing more :smile:

Was there any outcome regarding this issue?