Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Finally, flying in AFFS 2 in VR and full 3D with Vridge until I get the Occulus Rift and loving it.

I found an awesome phone, android with gyro and a bunch of good stuff at a ridiculous good price.

It dug into my Occulus Rift money but it was too good a deal to pass up, the 6" screen will make it easier for me to type when dialing/texting etc.

IThen a light bulb went off, Vridge allows Occulus Rift games and Steam VR games to read your phone as an actual Occulus Rift, and I was not able to try it before as I was using an IOS phone and wished I had an Android, well now I do, 6" HD (1920x1080) screen, a gyroscope, quad core processor, etc...

I downloaded it and tried the demo, and it was awesome but kind of tied up with my 3' charging cord tethered to the PC for max performance.

So I bought the full app ($10) and went to Walmart and got a 6' cord for more freedom, came home and flew in AFFS 2 in 3D VR, the real deal this time around, and love it.

Cannot get P3D to work with it, and have been up all night so will research it later, and no idea on XP10 or 11 yet either.

But you know what, I did not screw up digging into my OR funds, because I can fly VR 3D in AFFS 2 like crazy all I want now, and any other Steam VR game, and there are a lot of Vridge games, and imagine I'll figure out how to fly in P3D disquised as an O-Rift.

But if not, I can care less, I can fly in AFFS 2 all I want until I get an Occulus Rift.

So I did good by getting the phone, I am happy.

No motion sickness at all.

Aaron Tirrell

Glad it worked out for you!  :p0504:

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

May need FlyInside for P3D

I had deleted FSX but forgot FSX-SE was still in my steam installation, so I recently tried that with flyinside, which made me curious enough to install P3D again and try flyinside with that. Then I thought "Ah, hell, I have so much Orbx stuff I haven't used in who knows how long, so let's try this new Orbx control panel thingy......"

So now all my Orbx stuff is reinstalled temporarily while I mess with Flyinside, after which I'm pretty sure I will uninstall, again. 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Now to eventually get Flyinside for X-Plane, then I will be able tyo fly in all my sims.

Aaron Tirrell

I have the apps, but not sure the sequence of starting them...

1. Desktop vridge

2. Phone vridge app.

3. Flyinside, which then starts P3d.

4. Then steam vr.

Are these the right steps?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I have the apps, but not sure the sequence of starting them...

1. Desktop vridge

2. Phone vridge app.

3. Flyinside, which then starts P3d.

4. Then steam vr.

Are these the right steps?

That should do it.

Aaron Tirrell