Sign in to follow this  
Budbud

Another thanks and congrats topic!

Dear PMDG team,

Simply put... WOW! I'm on my second flight with the 747v3 (flying flawlessly so far) and I'm completely amazed by this new addon!

Smooth FPS, reasonable VAS usage, immersive sound... a lot of great features.

Well, being a proud user of PMDG addons for years (owning the MD-11, 747v1, 777, NGX and JS41), I shouldn't be surprised by the quality of this new rendering of the 747.

However, it seems that you succeeded in raising the bar even higher in terms of realism, quality and immersion.

The downside of this is I might may become cut off from the real world! :Tounge: 

Seriously, many thanks and congrats for always giving us the best to fulfil our passion! 

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hello Romain,  That's a very explicit Post expressing your pleasure.  However, some members have mentioned and I have seen it also whereby there are instances of the engines vibrating and I wondered if you had experienced it, rectified it or are you just putting up with it. Purely curious. Regards.

Hi Richard,

I could not say. The only time I use the external view is to see the animations with the service vehicles on apron (nice feature btw). And in this case I haven't seen the engines shaking yet. 

Whenever I taxi or fly the beast, I stick to the VC.

So maybe it does or not I would probably never notice it. 

I understand how much effort did PMDG put in the external model, but the aircraft could be frying pan shaped, as long as the system depth and realism is there in terms of feeling like a real pilot flying the bird... :Devil:  

Ok, a bit exaggerated here, I also approciate a good looking external model but don't spend much time to look at it in flight.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Hello Romain,  That's a very explicit Post expressing your pleasure.  However, some members have mentioned and I have seen it also whereby there are instances of the engines vibrating and I wondered if you had experienced it, rectified it or are you just putting up with it. Purely curious. Regards.

I haven't purchased the new Queen yet, so I couldn't comment; however, does Richard mean here spool vibration picked up on the instrument panels, not external visual vibration of the engines? 

Just a thought.

Bernard Walford

Hello Bernard,  I have two monitors one for outside view and as a result you can see quite clearly on occasions the engine nacelle vibrating then it goes away, this  issue has been brought up by others and if my memory serves me, Ryan Maziarz mentioned the issue was being looked at for possible update. Regards.

Hi Richard, this seems then a pretty significant fault in the package - precisely why I've delayed purchasing the new Queen until PMDG iron out all the glitches. 

I know that in the real world you never get to see an external view, so it's not all that of a problem, but I do occasionally step outside to appreciate the flight and I wouldn't want to see vibrating engines!

Maybe I won't be flying my older version to the boneyard just yet.

Bernard Walford

Maybe I won't be flying my older version to the boneyard just yet.

Hi,

I own both versions of the 747 and there is no way I could fly again the old one after tasting the new one. There are tons of improvement and features that were not in the previous one (like config options and wind alofts uplink) and the sound simply cannot be compared with between both versions.

Off course, as I seldom use the external view, the issue with the engines shaking doesn't really matter but, even it did, I think I would still prefer the v3 woth engines shaking than the v1.

Actually the old one got retired the day the T7 was released due to the difference in features, graphics and sound.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg