Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Island scenery ?

Is there any island scenery that is as good as or close to Orbx Pago Pago? I tried he demo of Honolulu Int. from FSDT and found it was FS9 quality. I guess I am spoiled by Pago Pago.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Almost all the airports on the Hawaiian islands are included in the Orbx NA Free pack and look pretty good.  Unfortunately Honolulu is not one of them. 

Yeah you would think someone would have done Hawaii.  Kind of like how LatinVFR did Key West and re-did all the other islands and parts of Key West including the NAS.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I have a number in the Caribbean...FSDT, FlyTampa, Taxi2Gate.  Also, south of Spain there's Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca.  There's the new Reunion Island, Pago Pago, Pacsim's Taiwan.  Take a look at them and see what you think.  I do have FSDT Honolulu and like it but it doesn't cover the islands like most of these others do...I wish it would...at least the taller hotels in the city.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Are you interest in French Polynesian islands ? Have a look to FlightScene : http://www.flightscene.net/

30518278881_6ccfa6acd6_b_d.jpg

Tahiti, approching right base 22 at NTAA

31767081856_b12b80945f_b_d.jpg

Moorea island few miles north of Tahiti

30994510393_a4a636dedb_b_d.jpg

Bora Bora

can they take a 777?

I have sampled the Hawaii offerings and uninstalled most of them - I'm waiting for one of the major scenery developers to come along and "nail" this region.  In my opinion, this area would be highly regarded by the FS community.

Mark

At Tahiti Faa'a (NTAA), yes.

30489413102_f86e6d576e_b_d.jpg

Hi Vincent

Did they solve the autogen problem I seem to remember they had at release, some kind of issue with OrbX Global ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Hi Vincent

Did they solve the autogen problem I seem to remember they had at release, some kind of issue with OrbX Global ?

Actually, it worked perfectly for me several months. I was able to play with the autogen description of Orbx and the one needed by FlightScene (and reset at every launch via the animan.exe tools set in exe.xml or dll.xml, can't remember). It work*ed* but do not work anymore since several weeks. animan.exe (flightscene tool) set an autogen description that wipe out the Orbx one. I didn't have much time to investigate and prefer flying with Orbx Global correctly set that in French Polynesia. Had to analysis and investigate !

Support forum for FlightScene : http://www.flightscene.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Has anyone here tried the Honolulu Int. Aiport by Fsdreamteam? Simmarket has a good price on all three, main airport and several near islands airports. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Has anyone here tried the Honolulu Int. Aiport by Fsdreamteam? Simmarket has a good price on all three, main airport and several near islands airports.

I have Honolulu.  It's good but dated. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Ok just got Honolulu and love it and also thinking of getting FlyTampa Grenadines and St Maarten so any input on these?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Ok just got Honolulu and love it and also thinking of getting FlyTampa Grenadines and St Maarten so any input on these?

TNCM has been the gold standard for island flying...very much a quality add-on...St. Barts is a hoot if you have a good short field airplane.  I have the Grenadines as well but I just fly over them so far...my GA fleet is crap.  I do have a thing for islands, though, and I wish IDS would fix the Bahamas.  Ah, sigh. 

Gregg Seipp