Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Island scenery ?

FlyTampa St Maarten (make sure it's the full package, that also comes with St Barts and Saba) is as Gregg said, first class.  You can take heavies or light aircraft into TNCM (very light only into Barts and Saba!).

I have FT Grenadines too - it's beautiful but strictly small GA only (small fields).  Just as immersive and beautiful as St Maarten though, and about 7 airfields to explore.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Has anyone tried Orbx Sata Catalina Island? If so, is there a good payware airport close by to fly to it from?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Has anyone tried Orbx Sata Catalina Island? If so, is there a good payware airport close by to fly to it from?

Right now theres John Wayne nearby.  Orbx is working on Santa Barbara (yes!).  I hear rumours of a KBUR but haven't seen anything solid yet.  There's also an Orbx airport a little further north up in the hills...not much one of their better ones, to me.  Further away, there's Palm Springs.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Great, I can get John Wayne and land on the taxi ways. 

Are you talking about the Latinvfr version of John Wayne that is on sale now?

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

There's also an Orbx airport a little further north up in the hills...not much one of their better ones, to me.

Agua Dulce L70. It is a small airfield but nicely crafted with the Vasquez Rock National Park nearby (Blazzing Saddles !) on photoimagery. A challenging approach in a hilly country. Mostly for light GA but I've flown the L-39 in and out of it. Not overly spectacular but I like it.

My favorite in Socal is still KTNP 29Palms by the eponym company.Very moody small airport in the desert.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The eponym company?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

The eponym company?

The company with the same name as the product / airport    = 29Palms  :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Orbx Hawaii would be great to have this year. 

My favorite in Socal is still KTNP 29Palms by the eponym company.Very moody small airport in the desert.

In combination with BlueSky photoreal, it's absolutely spectacular. One of my favorites.

That Tahiti scenery is nice but the water mask looks lazy. Not up to par with the rest of the energy dedicated to that project.

I am having the no Autogen problem with the FlyTampa - Grenadines = No vegetation and no autogen. Anyone else experiencing this???

I am using Prepar3D v3.4.22.19868 on a Windows 10 x 64 machine and installed the latest Grenadines installer provided by Simmarket (FlyTampa_Grenadines_FSX_P3D_12.exe).

Tried:
Grenadines AutogenEditor and it did not fixed the issue.
Used the backup autogen file and added the extra code from the "Manual Default.XML Autogen" with no avail. http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9477

Contacted support (25/03/17) with no solution till the present day... :dry:

Grenadines does show up in FlyTampa Configurator along with my other FlyTampa sceneries.

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro