Sign in to follow this  
Henriqueportu

HOW TO PUT THE COLA CAN AND THE PMDG PEN?

I figured it out. This is tied into the panel state. There is a section called [MiscSystems], under that, you'll see props. Just play around with the numbers. Setting it to 2 puts the soda on the Captain's side and the pen on the First Officer's side. My question is, how many different combinations are there, and what do each of the settings do. I tried to see if I could get the soda to appear in both cup holders up front, but my observation is that nothing happens past 10. So what options are available.

On 2/9/2017 at 0:47 PM, BAWSpeedbird said:

Is it possible to make it an option for them not to display? In a future update perhaps?

Try setting it to either 0 or 3. It was on 3 for me, and I didn't see it show up at all.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I have never seen the can. Pen always on FO side, no randomization...

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

I figured it out. This is tied into the panel state. There is a section called [MiscSystems], under that, you'll see props. Just play around with the numbers. Setting it to 2 puts the soda on the Captain's side and the pen on the First Officer's side. My question is, how many different combinations are there, and what do each of the settings do. I tried to see if I could get the soda to appear in both cup holders up front, but my observation is that nothing happens past 10. So what options are available.

Try setting it to either 0 or 3. It was on 3 for me, and I didn't see it show up at all.

Hi Kevin,

Where is located this "MiscSystems" section?

This feature is in good fun I understand, but the eye-point display on the center window not being modelled because there are "too many animations" is disappointing. In a future patch can I choose between the fun little options and the eyepoint ball device? Thank you - David Lee

Interesting, did not know about this eye-point display. There are many compromises I am not happy about with in this plane but then again, there are many that I am happy with so the cup is still half full and not half empty :)

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

6 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

This feature is in good fun I understand, but the eye-point display on the center window not being modelled because there are "too many animations" is disappointing. In a future patch can I choose between the fun little options and the eyepoint ball device? Thank you - David Lee

An option being available is an animation. Giving you the option to choose options would not only not solve the issue, it would make a giant mess in the process.

Kyle Rodgers

10 hours ago, abdelsa said:

Hi Kevin,

Where is located this "MiscSystems" section?

It's in the panel state. Go into the Panel State folder, pick one, then run a search to find it. Alternatively, you can just search for "props" and it would be the first one to come up.

10 hours ago, 77west said:

I have never seen the can. Pen always on FO side, no randomization...

See my above post. You'd have to change it in the panel state yourself. Try props=2 rather than whatever number it's currently set at.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

More realistic to have a big water bottle there, beside the all important garbage bag in setting up your nest, water helps fend off dehydration at high altitude for hours. Coke will rob it, though I have to admit I like the Coke better.