Sign in to follow this  
1466ATC

Co-Pilot Instruments.....How?

Hi,

I am running Panel Builder 2.97 with X-Plane 10.51 on separate networked computers. I am trying to build a panel for the the Grob G115E, or tutor T1 as it is designated by the RAF. It has a 2 seat side by side layout with Pilot (Instructor) & Co-Pilot (Student) instrument sets, which are set up in the X-plane 2D panel,as in real life, such that the Pilot & Co-pilot instruments can be adjusted independently of each other. For example the Pilot Altimeter could be set to QFE, and the Co-Pilot altimeter to QNH.
Now, the PB user manual states:
"The same instrument can be used multiple times in a panel. This allows for example to build panels for multi-engine aircraft or for defining a pilot and co-pilot instrument panel."
So I have placed the required number instruments in PB, for my Pilot and Co-pilot panels, but all the instruments are referencing only the Pilot instruments in X-plane. I cannot find a way to configure my Co-pilot instruments in PB so that they reference the Co-pilot instruments in X-plane. How do you define which x-plane instrument you want your PB instrument to replicate?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Alex 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You are correct, the current Panel Builder Version does not allow independent setting of the Pilot/Copilot Instrument, e.g. the Altimeter.

The issue is that only X-Plane has separate datarefs for pilot and copilot (but not FSX, P3D etc). Panel Builder instruments currently does not do much internal processing besides conversions. We display whats available. We have done some custom instruments that allows this to happen (in P3D for example), but this was also relying on and aircraft add-on with custom data for both pilot and copilot.

We will address this in the next major version of Panel Builder (sometimes in 2017).