Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Entering the route question

In the tutorial is shows how to  enter the sid and stars route but what about a route that has no sid or stars. I have a route I setup to go from KCID to KDSM and it had no sid or stars so I did not enter any other route info - but when I got to KDSM I was not correctly aligned. 

I would like to know how to enter the extra sections of this route into the FMC route page. 

DCT CID DCT CYCLN DCT DSM DCT  (route made in SimBrief)

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

You are using Navigraph? What AIRAC cycle you use....? Didi you re-downloaded new after after 747 V3....check all. Not at home now and can't check what is available....Also, I like Simbrief and it is 95% accurate, but sometimes it does not assign SID/STARS....Sometimes.ANd that also could be NAVIGRAPH issue he is using. 

I would like to know how to enter the extra sections of this route into the FMC route page. 

To enter directs, you just enter the waypoints one at a time on the right side of RTE page 2. The FMC fills in the DIRECT part for you on the left side.

Alternatively you can enter those waypoints in the LEGS page.

ki9cAAb.jpg

In the tutorial is shows how to  enter the sid and stars route but what about a route that has no sid or stars. I have a route I setup to go from KCID to KDSM and it had no sid or stars so I did not enter any other route info - but when I got to KDSM I was not correctly aligned. 

I might be misunderstanding your question but you can enter directs (DCT) on the legs page

https://s27.postimg.org/xxd0se4tv/2017_2_9_21_27_1_837.jpg

2017_2_9_21_27_1_837.jpg

or on page 2 of RTE 

2017_2_9_21_33_13_757.jpg

Liam Carbin

To enter directs, you just enter the waypoints one at a time on the right side of RTE page 2. The FMC fills in the DIRECT part for you on the left side.

Alternatively you can enter those waypoints in the LEGS page.

Thanks, so CID, CYCLN and DSM are the waypoints? And DCT just means Direct?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks, so CID, CYCLN and DSM are the waypoints? And DCT just means Direct?

Yup, also mentioned in the Tutorial.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes I have done the tut a couple times but still trying to wrap my head around this route entry thing. So looking at a route sequence I gather the first word is an airway and should go on the left and next word in line is a waypoint and should go on the right and so on. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Yes I have done the tut a couple times but still trying to wrap my head around this route entry thing. So looking at a route sequence I gather the first word is an airway and should go on the left and next word in line is a waypoint and should go on the right and so on. 

In the route you gave there was no Airways. However to take a route from LHR to MAN for example

WOBU3F <SID  WOBUN <exit point of SID UL10 < Airway  DTY < Entry/Exit point DCT < Direct  SAPCO UN57 <Airway  TNT < Entry/Exit point  DAYN2AH <STAR

Liam Carbin

Just look on YouTube for PMDG and fmc guilds, load of them.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip