Sign in to follow this  
Groovy_Kincaid

Air Canada's New Colours

Love it.

Those toothpaste colors they had now were a bit too whatever for me.

• Upvote 1

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

I have to say I'm not a fan, looks like a revamp of the black (green) tail livery of the 90s which was my least favourite scheme...I wish there was more red in the paint scheme of Canada's biggest airline. Or even better, don't change the livery, I think the current one is really distinctive and great.

On a whole different topic, could you imagine if they did an orange CPAir retro paint? That would be amazing.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I was at the CYVR launch. I took pictures, will post later. A321 at Vancouver.

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

Was never a fan of their current colours. I do love the retro maple leaf logo on the tail. Too bad it wasn't a red tail.

Way better!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The return of the leaf logo is great to see. Use of black is wrong. Yes I agree mediocre at best from an airline that is mediocre at best. Therefore a perfect match

Matthew Kane

Speaking for myself, I must say, I like the new outfit.

As its just a question of personal taste, not a real subject for a paintersforum unless a painter makes a paint depicting the new livery and the discussion is about his work.
Our personal opinion about Air Canada as a company I would like not to be discussed/ventilated at the paintersforum.
Maybe Hangar-Chat might be the forum to go for this kinda things, though I am doubtfull about that too.

Its about painting here gentlemen, lets stick to that.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

I fixed it 

D2kGV2J.jpg

Yours is way better than the one they've actually gone with. Black? Bit dour isn't it? I can understand having black engine nacelles on a Douglas DC-3 or Ford Trimotor, to make the exhaust stains look less obvious, but it's hardly needed for a modern high bypass turbofan engine. The new scheme looks positively funereal to me with all that black on it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Air New Zealand has black engines, Etihad has black engines, whats the fuzz about?

The only negative aspect ( in my opinion ) of this new Air Canada dress is the fact its such a simple sceme.

Not a real challenge for painter.

On the other hand its ideal for beginning painters to start with.

• Upvote 1

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

I like it. Less wishy-washy. And it reminds me of a pint of Guinness...