Sign in to follow this  
Yeller5276

FedEx Paint Request

Just checking on a couple more things.  Hopefully will have this uploaded before I leave tomorrow.

32489991790_bf86905e76_c.jpg

32747653461_323c9b98d6_c.jpg

32830056426_8a76bd5880_c.jpg

32056569433_e61ae81512_c.jpg

Depending on interest I could try the retro paint of this contractor.

32717668812_6f102e062a_b.jpg

• Upvote 2

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Yes, I know.... But could we get one.? Please? I know you all would fly it!!

Its uploaded, just waiting on Avsim staff to approve it.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Brilliant stuff - Will have a copy of that when it's available. Any chance of a RR engined version...?

It has been approved and its in the library!

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Should be awesome Brian!

Check out the Atlas pax thread...I added some pics of her on the model in P3d....looking quite nice I think. :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Should be awesome Brian!

Check out the Atlas pax thread...I added some pics of her on the model in P3d....looking quite nice I think. :wink:

Looking good Steve!  I'm guessing you didn't see me on my way thru DFW.  Of all runways they had us land 17L and taxi all the way to West Parking.

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Looking good Steve!  I'm guessing you didn't see me on my way thru DFW.  Of all runways they had us land 17L and taxi all the way to West Parking.

Thanks.....No I missed ya.  :sad:

Not sure of the controllers logic sometimes.  My flight from LAS we were landing south and even though the flights from the west usually get 18L (the one you would have preferred), it was past 11:30PM and I was hoping the pilot would have requested and was granted 17C since we were parking at the C gates (on the north side).  Instead we taxied a lot longer than we should have going over the south bridge.

You'll have to let me know the next you're passing through.   Hopefully you'll have some time and we can grab some dinner.

I'm almost done with my Atlas pax...I'll send you a copy to look at before I release her. :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Just checking on a couple more things.  Hopefully will have this uploaded before I leave tomorrow.

32489991790_bf86905e76_c.jpg

32747653461_323c9b98d6_c.jpg

32830056426_8a76bd5880_c.jpg

32056569433_e61ae81512_c.jpg

Depending on interest I could try the retro paint of this contractor.

32717668812_6f102e062a_b.jpg

You should do the retro....I prefer retro to current.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Brilliant stuff - Will have a copy of that when it's available. Any chance of a RR engined version...?

It wasn't my original plan to. But I guess I can. I'll just make two more N-Numbers one for Pratts and one for RR. But won't be able to get to it before I get home. So Fri will the be the earliest I get it out. If you want to get your feet wet into repainting the engines are pretty easy to do. It would teach your layers and how to export to get dds files.

beta.gif   

My Liveries

It wasn't my original plan to. But I guess I can. I'll just make two more N-Numbers one for Pratts and one for RR. But won't be able to get to it before I get home. So Fri will the be the earliest I get it out. If you want to get your feet wet into repainting the engines are pretty easy to do. It would teach your layers and how to export to get dds files.

Cheers - no rush (actually, I'm going to have a period of enforced grounding the next couple of weeks. Moving house and no internet!). Would like to have a crack at painting - but don't have Photoshop (I'm assuming that's needed to do this sort of thing...)?

All the best,

Rich

Would like to have a crack at painting - but don't have Photoshop (I'm assuming that's needed to do this sort of thing...)?

Hey Rich,

There are actually several freeware programs that do a good job as well.

17 years ago I started out with Paint Shop Pro (PSP) version 3, painting planes who's whole fuse fit on to one 1024x1024 texture map.  Now they come on three 4096x4096 texture maps, and a 64bit painting app is almost required due to the memory requirements.

The latest version of PSP is 9, and is 64 bit and I've been using it about a year now...very good program and in my opinion every bit as good as PSD.

And it costs substantially less.  :wink:

Be advised though, this sub-culture of our hobby is almost (if not equally) addicting as flightsimming itself...as I and several other painters here can attest to. :shok:   The learning curve is not linear either...it's practically flat the 1st third of your career while you figure out all the tricks and put several paints out, then it rises from there, hehe.

Very rewarding though....no doubt in my mind (unless I've really gone mad and just paint to serve the community. :shok: )

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Working on converting and getting BCF and F versions for all three engine variants to upload each with their own N number.  So anyone downloads all variants they can put whatever engines on each one so long as they modify the aircraft.cfg.

32956068365_096d3806ca_c.jpg

Here's a link to the RR engine for the time being..  You can use it with the file already uploaded...just make sure you adjust your aircraft.cfg file correctly or you're going to have problems. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xafqtqezmnm3y1/pmdg_747X_fedex_rr.zip?dl=0

beta.gif   

My Liveries

i concurr the retro should be very attractive.

You should do the retro....I prefer retro to current.

Work in progress.  I'll release a nice clean version of the Flying Tiger FedEx plane then I'm gonna try my hand at adding 30 years and 70k hours to the plane and make it look like the red headed step child that FedEx treated it as. :-)

32822982952_7c463ee58f_c.jpg

beta.gif   

My Liveries