Sign in to follow this  
Yeller5276

FedEx Paint Request

I'm actually planning one....no info on a time frame though.  I thought my paint hangar looked stuffed when I was painting the 777....I have a few 747s out on the tarmac as they all won't fit in the paint shop at this time.  :shok:

I'll be using these textures when I do the 747....

sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&I

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'm actually planning one....no info on a time frame though.  I thought my paint hangar looked stuffed when I was painting the 777....I have a few 747s out on the tarmac as they all won't fit in the paint shop at this time.  :shok:

I'll be using these textures when I do the 747....

sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&I

No timeline? Maybe I will finish what I started Steve :-)

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

No timeline? Maybe I will finish what I started Steve :-)

Absolutely!   I'll eventually get to her, but she's not at the top of the list at the moment.  :wink:

I should be pushing out a few Lufty's this weekend if everything goes as planned.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

That's awesome! Let me know when you get it released! I need to do my FedEx flights in the Queen!

Same here, brother Steve.

spacer.png

Yes, I know.... But could we get one.? Please? I know you all would fly it!!

Absolutely!   I'll eventually get to her, but she's not at the top of the list at the moment.  :wink:

I should be pushing out a few Lufty's this weekend if everything goes as planned.

Just a preview.  Tell me now if I need to stop Steve!

32023034034_4ec512074c_c.jpg

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Just a preview.  Tell me now if I need to stop Steve!

Stop?  There is no stopping in painting! (in my best Tom Hanks voice when he quips "Crying?  There is no crying in baseball!) Hehe.

Its looking really good!  The purple is hard to get right and you'll have folks commenting that its either too light or dark...but dark colors are hard to replicate in the sim.  Just go with that you think looks right. (I'm sure with your occupation you've had more than a few chances to see them up close.  :wink:)

My FedEx is stuffed way back in the hangar and if you've glanced at the Atlas Pax version thread you'll see that I'm busy adding some details to her. 

Check it out here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/503302-atlas-air-747-passenger-version-paint-request/?p=3573400

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Stop?  There is no stopping in painting! (in my best Tom Hanks voice when he quips "Crying?  There is no crying in baseball!) Hehe.

Its looking really good!  The purple is hard to get right and you'll have folks commenting that its either too light or dark...but dark colors are hard to replicate in the sim.  Just go with that you think looks right. (I'm sure with your occupation you've had more than a few chances to see them up close.  :wink:)

My FedEx is stuffed way back in the hangar and if you've glanced at the Atlas Pax version thread you'll see that I'm busy adding some details to her. 

Check it out here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/503302-atlas-air-747-passenger-version-paint-request/?p=3573400

I'm starting to think I'll just pass along anything I do to you for final cosmetic touches like the wear and tear.  Teamwork!!

I was going to go with the dark one that "looked right" but that was based off pictures that aren't taken on really sunny days so you can't really go with those colors.  So I went with FedEx's published color codes for everything.  FedEx Purple PANTONE 2685 C90 M100 Y0 K0 R102 G0 B153 FedEx Orange PANTONE 021 C0 M65 Y100 K0 R255 G102 B0

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I'm starting to think I'll just pass along anything I do to you for final cosmetic touches like the wear and tear.  Teamwork!!

I was going to go with the dark one that "looked right" but that was based off pictures that aren't taken on really sunny days so you can't really go with those colors.  So I went with FedEx's published color codes for everything.  FedEx Purple PANTONE 2685 C90 M100 Y0 K0 R102 G0 B153 FedEx Orange PANTONE 021 C0 M65 Y100 K0 R255 G102 B0

Hehe.....better to teach you how to add that detail...like everything in life its difficulty is relevant.  Not hard once you learn how...but it is a bit tedious, no getting away from that.  But the results are worth the effort IMO...makes our planes come alive and have a personality....like they've been places. :wink: 

If you haven't explored the "Smudge" brush (not sure of the PSD equivalent but I'm sure it has one) and masking layers, check out the web for some uses on them, then let your imagination and curiosity do the rest.  That is how I learned.

Anyway....going with the official colors is almost always your best bet, and that is what I wound up doing with my 777F FedEx paint...although I did add some gradient shading to simulate paint on a cylindrical tube.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Oh yea while your at the wear and tear.  Make sure you add FOD pitting on the Engine dome :-)

Hehe.....better to teach you how to add that detail...like everything in life its difficulty is relevant.  Not hard once you learn how...but it is a bit tedious, no getting away from that.  But the results are worth the effort IMO...makes our planes come alive and have a personality....like they've been places. :wink:

If you haven't explored the "Smudge" brush (not sure of the PSD equivalent but I'm sure it has one) and masking layers, check out the web for some uses on them, then let your imagination and curiosity do the rest.  That is how I learned.

Anyway....going with the official colors is almost always your best bet, and that is what I wound up doing with my 777F FedEx paint...although I did add some gradient shading to simulate paint on a cylindrical tube.

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Lol, that's the Fsx original version.

Pretty confident that I can say it is not. Kinda rude.

No N numbers, logos missing, various color differences.  

beta.gif   

My Liveries