Sign in to follow this  
sd75lover

Will there be a 747-8?

I previously owned the old 747 addon, and i enjoyed flying the 747-8 alot, i was wondering, will we be getting the updated queen, the 747-8 for this addon or is it planned in the future?

if so, will it share the same cockpit as the 400?

Hi,

The 747-8 will be an extension to the 744v3 just like the 777-300ER is an extension to the -200LR/F or the 737-600/700 to the NGX base package.

But contrary to the old 747-8 which was nothing more than an external model based on the 747-400 legacy systems and cockpit, the new 747-8 extension to the v3 will be a complete rendition of the -8 with its own cockpit, systems, fight model and external model. 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/471944-19jul15-the-view-from-the-top/#82088"&page=1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Also it is well into what I would term "production testing" as we have seen some shots of her already. Will hopefully enter Beta soon.