Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan93102

Slow Loading Scenery Issues

Hello all,

I've recently bought a new PC at Christmas. I'm running a GTX 1080 and it was running really well for me until about a week ago when I started suffering from slow loading ground textures.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips/tweaks to overcome it.

I have the following installed:-

ORBX Global

ORBX Global Vector

ORBX Open LC Europe & North America

Active Sky 2016

PMDG 747 or 777

I'm running the latest version of Prepar3d V3.4.

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks,

Jonathan

- Jonathan Daley

Hello all,

I've recently bought a new PC at Christmas. I'm running a GTX 1080 and it was running really well for me until about a week ago when I started suffering from slow loading ground textures.

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips/tweaks to overcome it.

I have the following installed:-

ORBX Global

ORBX Global Vector

ORBX Open LC Europe & North America

Active Sky 2016

PMDG 747 or 777

I'm running the latest version of Prepar3d V3.4.

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Your running a lot of CPU/Gpu stuff there.

Start with a a stock cfg file. Remove all Orbx sceneries. Run with stock weather theme and stock aircraft. Add each one back one at a time and observe. The offending character will reveal itself.

Mark

The only time I ran into P3D slow scenery loading was when I was messing around with AffinityMask settings. If you have done that, try removing it from the prepar3d.cfg and see if that helps at all.

Your running a lot of CPU/Gpu stuff there.

Start with a a stock cfg file. Remove all Orbx sceneries. Run with stock weather theme and stock aircraft. Add each one back one at a time and observe. The offending character will reveal itself.

Mark

The only time I ran into P3D slow scenery loading was when I was messing around with AffinityMask settings. If you have done that, try removing it from the prepar3d.cfg and see if that helps at all.

Hello,

Thanks for your quick responses. I'm thinking of removing Vector and seeing where that gets me. I just thought it was odd how I just started running into problems.

Thanks for your time,

Jonathan

- Jonathan Daley

Clearly if you had no issues previously, then you need to address what has changed. 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776