Sign in to follow this  
Dillon1431

Low FPS, Fast PC

Hi there.

Recently I have experienced lag in p3d. Why, I do not know. But this all started happening after I recent my PC. I kept everything the same and it is not moving like it used to. I'm only getting 26-40 fps in the PMDG where before I got easy 60 fps no matter where I was. Now, EZdock is choppy, it's not fluid it's not complete stutters but it is noticeable lag. Please help if you get the time.

I7 6700 K over clocked4.6

GTX980TI

Dillon L.

I think you might be mistaken about getting 60fps with PMDG "no matter where you were." You can go to the middle of nowhere in the VC and maybe get 60.. but anywhere populated with custom buildings, a large airport, and especially AI traffic, wave goodbye to 60fps.. 26-40 sounds completely normal.

I wish I was that lucky getting 26/40   15/30 with my system. :smile:

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

If it's a sudden change on the same computer, I would have a close look to background tasks running, maybe recent software installation and services, anti-virus, firewall...

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

I think you might be mistaken about getting 60fps with PMDG "no matter where you were." You can go to the middle of nowhere in the VC and maybe get 60.. but anywhere populated with custom buildings, a large airport, and especially AI traffic, wave goodbye to 60fps.. 26-40 sounds completely normal.

Fixed it!

Now getting 70-80 FPS at high intensity sceneries

Problem was nvidia control settings

Fixed it!

Well, tell us what changes you found and what you did lol. So the next guy can search and find the solution.

• Upvote 1

"Now getting 70-80 FPS at high intensity sceneries"

A "Trumpisim"

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Well, tell us what changes you found and what you did lol. So the next guy can search and find the solution.

GSYNC for my monitor was off in the NVIDIA control settings, as well as i did not turn on High Performance in the NVIDIA control settings, that isreally it.

Fixed it!

Can you share the PC specs you have?

80FPS in dense areas sounds like NASA is involved :D

• Upvote 2

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

U

Can you share the PC specs you have?

80FPS in dense areas sounds like NASA is involved :D

p

Haha, that was at VHHH taxi to gate , it's about 50-60 ish in other areas depending on the sliders. I alsi believe there was a problem with windows. I have the home version but never used the dvd until now, that also may have given it an issue.