Sign in to follow this  
Eraser74

I am sooooo annoyed by FSX

Right now I don´t know if I can carry on anymore....

I am using FSX since 2011 and right now EVERY time I start the sim the next day something different is preventing me from having some fun!

Right now fsuipc won´t load, yesterday the 747 v3 won´t load....I am really fed up with this sim!

I don´t have that much time in the day to fly anyway and if there is a problem almost every single time I want to fly....there just isn´t enough time to deal with stuff like this!

I must have invested thousands of euros in simulation, but this simply isn´t any fun anymore!

Anyone with me here?

• Upvote 1

Yes, if you're done with FSX, IMHO P3D is not going to be an option... X-Plane, or waiting for the announcements for the future of AEFS2, or, just as I did, completely turn into Combat flight simulators - IL2 Battle of Stalingrad to be precise :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Long time ago I had the same issues, upgraded to FS9 and having fun now!

• Upvote 2

Hi Oliver,

the new PMDG 747 is not fully compatible with FSUIPC. If you assign any axes (throttle, yoke, rudder) via FSUIPC, many strange things can happen.

You may have to disable your FSUIPC.ini file and to reassign all axes via FSX. This is described on p. 32 of "PMDG_747_Introduction.pdf".

Peter

I need someone to cryo-sleep me. Anyone?

Thaw and wake me up in 20 years. By then certainly there'll be a headache free flight sim out there which I can run on my quantum computer with its holographic module.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I need someone to cryo-sleep me. Anyone?

Thaw and wake me up in 20 years. By then certainly there'll be a headache free flight sim out there which I can run on my quantum computer with its holographic module.

Again, there's already one - IL2 Battle of Stalingrad !

Weekly dev updates, lot's of fine tunning and probably the best flight Dynamics available among all flight sims I ever used, even if with it's qirks...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Not here. I've been using P3D for as long as it's been out but i never had any real issues with FSX before. P3D has the most accurate addons going for it, so it's the only choice for me, really. Eye candy alone doesn't cut it for me, although P3D can blow your mind away most of the time.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Guest Mik75

A fresh install can be a bit of work and it takes some time, but it goes a long way. My last FSX install (Acceleration Pack) was super stable and never crashed.

I moved on to P3D though, and just as X-Plane, this is a very stable platform for me.

Again, there's already one - IL2 Battle of Stalingrad !

Weekly dev updates, lot's of fine tunning and probably the best flight Dynamics available among all flight sims I ever used, even if with it's qirks...

Thanks for the tip. I have it. Never fly it. I also have DCS with just about all the add-on aircraft as well as Nevada. They're both very nice indeed.

It's my preference to fly civ aviation for the vast options this provides; VFR sightseeing and acrobatics, IFR to test your operations, new aircraft of all types. That's just me.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

You like a glass with than whine, sir....? :-)

Do a fresh installation. Like all games and software thing get cluttered in the course of years if you don't do 'maintenance' every once in a while.

Grtz,

Hans

VFR sightseeing and acrobatics, IFR to test your operations, new aircraft of all types. That's just me.

For VFR and specially aerobatics , IL.2 and DCS ( probably AEFS2 too ) are  much better than FSX or derivates. For IFR nothing beats my good old ELITE IFR... or Aerowinx PSX if you want to practice it in a 744 :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Right now fsuipc won´t load, yesterday the 747 v3 won´t load....I am really fed up with this sim!

I was having a problem with FSUIPC crashing my sim on startup yesterday as well. He just recently released version 4.962 which fixed the problem for me.

Yes, if you're done with FSX, IMHO P3D is not going to be an option...

Disagree.

I have FSX , FSX SE AND P3D 3.4. Tons of problems with the first 2 but scarcely any with P3D. Makes sense if u recall that P3D is an up to date version of FSX with many many bugs and issues fixed.

spacer.png

Just reinstall it and the 747, sorted. If you are busy, set it off going and cook dinner or wash up or whatever.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here