Sign in to follow this  
Eraser74

Time entry on manual ground operations

Hi!

Been trying out to enter my own time into the scratchpad for manual ground operations in the fmc...

But I can´t seem to figure out what format to put time in, it always tells me invalid entry...

Does anyone here know how to enter my own time?

Does anyone here know how to enter my own time?

Raw minutes (0:45 is 45; 1:30 is 90). Can't be less than about an hour. You're never gonna find anyone who can turn a 747 for a flight with passengers on it in less than that time.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Just to add on this, it appears that it also has to be multiples of 5. For example, you can't put in 92 for 1:32. You either have to enter in 90 or 95.

Raw minutes (0:45 is 45; 1:30 is 90). Can't be less than about an hour. You're never gonna find anyone who can turn a 747 for a flight with passengers on it in less than that time.

Wait until Ryanair get their hands on one....

One question about the timing: How does the logic cater for longer turnaround times? For example, if i set the time to 70 minutes, catering still starts 4 minutes after countdown start, same as a 60 min turnaround. 

One question about the timing: How does the logic cater for longer turnaround times? For example, if i set the time to 70 minutes, catering still starts 4 minutes after countdown start, same as a 60 min turnaround. 

Not sure of the specifics of how it's coded. When it comes to a turn, though, if you can get it out of the way early, you get it out of the way ASAP. Other items are tied more to the departure end of the spectrum than the beginning.

Kyle Rodgers

Wait until Ryanair get their hands on one....

Hahaha. They'd need to be able to enter values in milliseconds. Think the only time anyone ever turned a plane round faster than Ryanair was when the RAF were rearming Spitfires during the Battle of Britain lol

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Not sure of the specifics of how it's coded. When it comes to a turn, though, if you can get it out of the way early, you get it out of the way ASAP. Other items are tied more to the departure end of the spectrum than the beginning.

Got it, thanks Kyle