Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Your 737 is a VR/3D dream, the best, love it even more now.

Also download google cardboard to your phone from google play, then you can set the phone to work just right with the headset you get. Also don't be nervous to modify the phone tray of headset, if needed to avoid hitting volume/power buttons on the phone.

Aaron Tirrell

I'm using Oculus Rift and I fully share the excitement.

Flying in VR where you actually for the first time using a normal PC experience how you are literally inside the cockpit flying the aircraft rather than looking at a show of that happening on a 2D display in front of you is nothing short of amazing!!

I have never experienced anything adding more to the sense of being there and the overall immersion during my 30+ years I've enjoyed simulated flight and like many others I'm certain this will be the future.

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

I should change my avatar from SMILIN Jack to SOBBING  Jack :(. After three days and countless hours trying in both P3d and FSX Steam I have still not gotten past the Flyinside screen.

Once the two buttons are selected either the VR Server stops, the plane loading freezes, or something similar.

Only once have I ever gotten to the Flyinside settings screen (after selecting the two js keys).

Checking for VR capability for my PC is 100% in the green.

The phone tethers okay, vridge and Riftcat connect, Flyinside starts loading the sim, SteamVR (usually) pops up in the green. AS the sim loads, Ultimate Traffic 2 (P3D) or MY Traffic (FSX). and EZDOK, and LINDA all load normally.

Sometimes the Sim continues to load and is locked in a sized window for VR Still no VR so I can turn VR off and fly normally.

It appears at this point that I have no other options to try.

Btw....caarot: I have tried both your instructions as well as rearranging the order, starting without Flyinside, still no luck. Your procedure almost gets me there every time.

Gotta go...big Kleenex sale at the local pharmacy.

Regards to all

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Follow-Up: One last try an hour ago this time with FSX Steam. Finally!!!! I actually made it to the Cessna cockpit. It was truly stunning, and the 182RG is a pretty simple machine. Had some view problems because the flyinside binding/settings is too hard for me to see or operate.

In any event, a little taste of VR was enough to get me trying a bit longer.

It only worked for 10 minutes and then Flyinside had a Fatal Error. Probably because I bumped some F1-F12 keys.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Follow-Up: One last try an hour ago this time with FSX Steam. Finally!!!! I actually made it to the Cessna cockpit. It was truly stunning, and the 182RG is a pretty simple machine. Had some view problems because the flyinside binding/settings is too hard for me to see or operate.

In any event, a little taste of VR was enough to get me trying a bit longer.

It only worked for 10 minutes and then Flyinside had a Fatal Error. Probably because I bumped some F1-F12 keys.

I hope you can get it to work. Trying VR and not liking it is perfectly understandable, but being interested and not being able to get it working so you can even decide is really unfortunate.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Glad you got it working and hope you get it going full time, I can fly as long as I want.

Sorry you are having issues.

Try getting FSX We running all the time, and then keep trying P3D, it is probably something simple.

You may be tethered but riftcat might be connecting through wifi or data causing you to get disconnected, try reconnecting, click no on is this your phone, then choose the local connection with the USB symbol, good luck.

Also take the phone out while in Flyinside and slide the bottom slider full right to zoom in on the menu options for binding.

Also Flyinside does not work with HDR lighting e abled, check the P3D settings.

Aaron Tirrell

Thanks caarot. That extra info really helps, particularly the HDR info.

I still plan to work with this setup but in the meantime a surprising event entered my life.

This morning while having breakfast my wife asked if the VR project fully functional yet. After my response she asked if that "Oculus rift thing" ​would simplify it?

After I said "probably" her response: "good, yours will be here Wednesday from Amazon and it is too late to cancel the order"

How lucky can I get???

• Upvote 1

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Thanks caarot. That extra info really helps, particularly the HDR info.

I still plan to work with this setup but in the meantime a surprising event entered my life.

This morning while having breakfast my wife asked if the VR project fully functional yet. After my response she asked if that "Oculus rift thing" ​would simplify it?

After I said "probably" her response: "good, yours will be here Wednesday from Amazon and it is too late to cancel the order"

How lucky can I get???

Wow Neal, you're in for a treat and take very good care of that wife of yours...sounds like one in a million...:wink:

Richard Åsberg

An unexpected bonus (I think?). The Oculus Rift arrived a few hours ago but too late to get started installing. The unexpected included a fancy carry/storage case, a gamepad, and several other things that I do not recognize. As usual, ,we have guests for dinner so the PC is already turned off for the day.

Tomorrow it is supposed to rain and that means NO LAWN or GARDEN CHORES !!!!.

Best regards to all and thanks for all the help and encouragement. I will probably be back for more soon

• Upvote 1

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Looking forward to hear what you think Neal and just let us know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to help you out.

Richard Åsberg

An unexpected bonus (I think?). The Oculus Rift arrived a few hours ago but too late to get started installing. The unexpected included a fancy carry/storage case, a gamepad, and several other things that I do not recognize.

Yeah, it's a very nice and expensive looking presentation of items. Definitely not throwaway packaging!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm considering trying VR for P3D/NGX, but I wanted to know how you interact with the controls/buttons/switches in the aircraft.  I can probably use my yoke and throttles by feel, but I would think it would be very hard to operate the mouse to active all the other switches, etc.

Any feedback/insight would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Bill Rowe