Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Your 737 is a VR/3D dream, the best, love it even more now.

I'm using the mouse just like I do on a 2D display and I find it just as easy since you'll have the mouse cursor with you in the virtual environment.

Richard Åsberg

So.....

Did this whole thread get edited? The whole part where the OP finally made the decision to return the Oculus seems to have gone to the twilight zone. I've seen this sort of thing happen in a few threads recently, and it leaves me wondering if either something is happening to my memory, or posts are actually vanishing.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Not sure if Aaron who is the OP ever said he returned his Oculus. Lots of VR posts and threads lately and easy to mix them up I guess.

I however did return my Oculus glasses and not only once but twice. However in the end I realized just how boring it was to fly on a 2D display after experiencing what it can be like in VR so now I have both my Rift glasses as well as the Touch controllers and I'm very happy with my decision.

I also read somewhere that support for the Touch controllers might be implemented in next version of FlyInside which sounds interesting. However unlike some others I never found the controller part an issue in VR/FlyInside - I just use the mouse and think it's working out really good.

Would be cool though to be able to use your own hands to flip switches etc. I know of Leap Motion but from what I've heard that product still has some distance to cover until it will be fully usable.

Richard Åsberg

On 2/25/2017 at 4:31 PM, WebMaximus said:

I'm using the mouse just like I do on a 2D display and I find it just as easy since you'll have the mouse cursor with you in the virtual environment.

I just my HTC Vive and I love the view inside the cockpit.  I dont see how to get the mouse to show in the VR cockpit in P3D.  Do I need Flyinside to get the mouse control or is it native to P3D and  I'm missing some setting.

Thanks,

Bill Rowe

5 hours ago, bill1970 said:

I just my HTC Vive and I love the view inside the cockpit.  I dont see how to get the mouse to show in the VR cockpit in P3D.  Do I need Flyinside to get the mouse control or is it native to P3D and  I'm missing some setting.

Thanks,

Bill Rowe

I'm using FlyInside, the only way I've tried VR in P3D.

There's a free demo of it so give it a try.

Richard Åsberg

On 2/10/2017 at 8:27 AM, caaront said:

I posted about loving to fly this plane by hand, well now I really love to, in VR.

But I also love to trim it up straight and level and just look around in VR, it is gorgeously awesome.

I cannot put into words how awesome it is, it is as close to perfect as anything man made can be, and I am not exaggerating, it is the best visual experience I have ever had on a PC, and guess what, it is there for me to enjoy it whenever I want.

If I have a heart attack and die tonight, I will go peacefully as I have experienced your 737 in VR in all it's 3D glory.

Thank you for creating a masterpiece, a working piece of art.

I am still just blown away.

I'm a few years late to this VR party I have just purchased the Rift today. Been using Track IR5 for a good while. I exclusively fly the NGX. 

Track IR5 is awesome and takes flying to the next level of immersion in the simulator, I never thought I would ever have it better for realism. 

That all goes out the window tonight after trying the Rift briefly with the NGX. Wow wow wow! I haven't even done a full flight yet but I already know that my TIR5 will be sold.

As others have mentioned the level of scale and depth is truly unbelievable and takes your breath away....it really does. No one can convey this to you in any picture or video. I was excited after watching some vids on YouTube before I bought it but with some of the reviews I'd read still kept my expectations realistic, but this really is 100 times better than I imagined or expected.

Compare this now to a full scale simulator and that's how much the immersion factor has increased. I know I will never fly a real 737 but I no longer envy the pilots that do! 😁

Daz

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, logic007 said:

Compare this now to a full scale simulator and that's how much the immersion factor has increased. I know I will never fly a real 737 but I no longer envy the pilots that do! 😁

Daz

Ha! That is exactly my feeling! 🙂

Now it is possible to sit on flight-decks not only of a high-fidelity 737s, but 777s, 747s, A32Xs and F-18s/A10Cs/F5s/AV8s if you are into military birds. VR is really the greatest addition to this hobby since since I started simming.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

4 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

If it was a little cheaper 🙄

You can get one HMD for about 200USD/EUR nowadays. How cheaper should it be?

• Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Yes it is very real. The pmdg birds look nice

As I have the vive pro and can read all the screens with very little problems.

I get 45 plus fraps with single pass vr

Regards ted kiser

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

You can get one HMD for about 200USD/EUR nowadays. How cheaper should it be?

O.o the last time I looked it was around 5-600?! That was not too long ago. Or do I mistake it for sth else

edit: who cares. Ordered.

Edited by Ephedrin
  • Upvote 1