Sign in to follow this  
caaront

Your 737 is a VR/3D dream, the best, love it even more now.

I posted about loving to fly this plane by hand, well now I really love to, in VR.

But I also love to trim it up straight and level and just look around in VR, it is gorgeously awesome.

I cannot put into words how awesome it is, it is as close to perfect as anything man made can be, and I am not exaggerating, it is the best visual experience I have ever had on a PC, and guess what, it is there for me to enjoy it whenever I want.

If I have a heart attack and die tonight, I will go peacefully as I have experienced your 737 in VR in all it's 3D glory.

Thank you for creating a masterpiece, a working piece of art.

I am still just blown away.

Aaron Tirrell

What is your headset ? htc vive or  occulus

You have good fps in Vr with the 737 ngx ?

You have no problème to read all the screen ?

Guillaume LE MENTEC

P3DV4.3/Windows 10/i5 4670 K@4.2

Using my cell phone, Vridge, Riftcat, and Flyinide, can see very well, cannot read the small stuff, but VR is in it's infancy stage.

I am sure Oculus or Vive is better, can't be too much better though.

Aaron Tirrell

Hi Aaron, 

I am confused, I thought FlyInside only supported OR or Vive... how do you get Flyinside to work with Vridge?

Thank you

John.

The riftcat program on the PC lets SteamVR and Flyinside or whatever think you are using an OR or Vive, and you can use your Android phone in a cheap headset and enjoy VR in 3D.

I forgot you need to download the Oculus software and set up a profile.

But it may not be the way for everyone, especially without a huge phone, mine has a 6" screen, on a 5.5" screen all looks fine, smaller than that is probably too small.

Go to Riftcat and research it and see if it might be for you, might or might not be.

Aaron Tirrell

ok thanks Aaaron, I have a S7 Edge and bought a cheap headset.. will give it a go, thanks for the tip!

Hate to admit this but....I feel totally stupid about this setup. I have read through all three sites and still cannot "put it all together"

What does the phone do besides connect to the site via WiFi? You mention small phone screen as a problem  What does it do after connecting?

I would really like to try VR but the cost of some of the units is too rich for my blood.

Looking forward to more info..it sounds too good not to give a try.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Typed for 45 minutes and one side click of this highly sensitive gaming mouse lost it all, no time to rewrite, so I will make a guide later, the wife distracted me and while looking at her my thumb hit one of the gaming mouse buttons and put me on the screen before this, I came back and all my typing and links were gone. Sorry.

Aaron Tirrell

Short as I can be.

Number one, make sure you have a gyro or accelerometer or whatever in the phone for the head tracking, might work with tRACK ir OR fREE tRACK WITH IT, NOT SURE.

Try all demos first to ensure it will work for you.

Download to your PC: Also create a profile for each place, usually inside the program itself.

Click on the yellow circle with "Get Vridge" or download client at the top of the page:

https://riftcat.com/vridge

Click download at almost but not quite the very bottom of the page, bottom center of screen in link below for Oculus Rift software:

https://www.oculus.com/rift/

There are three downloads (Big blue boxes, not the older links, at the link below.

Go to the middle one FlyInside P3D Pro 1.71 for Prepar3D - click on the blue box on the right that has "For Vive" $21 for full program, or 15 minute resettablke flights in demo, try the demo to make sure it works for you.

https://flyinside-fsx.com/Download

Make sure you have Steam and Steam VR installed on your PC:

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Go to Google Play Store on your Android phone (IOS, Apple, is a no go) and download the Vridge app ($10) or free limited time version.

Install everything, and where it asks you to sign up, register and create a user name and password.

Prepare to fly:

Go to settings on your phone and tether it to you PC with the charging cable, if it came with a 3-4' cord, go to where you got the phone, or Walmart and get a 6' or longer for more freedom of movement.

Tether the phone, start Riftcat on the PC, then Vridge on the phone.

The Riftcat program has a "HELP" button at the bottom of the program it will take you to very detailed tutorials, including how to tether the phone.

Riftcat should see your phone immediately but click "Not my phone, then click on the round button to choose connection on the main Riftcat program and you should see a Wifi selection, and a USB tethered connection _ click the USB.

It should immediately show your phone, click yes and that is set up now. You can also go into the phone settings and disable Data just to be sure it does not use any data now, but you need it on to allow the phone to tether to the PC.

NOTE: Although you can click in the Riftcat program "Play Steam VR" or "Play Oculus Rift" I have better luck opening AFFS 2 from within Steam, or directly clicking on the FlyInside icon for P3D.

If all is well you will see stuff happening on your cell phone, like being in a grey VR room with lines.

Then if AFFS 2 or P3D start loading on your PC screen in windowed mode you are very likely to have success.

Oh my, look at the phone, if using FlyInside you'll see some little menus, put the phone in the heasdset and put it on your head.

You can set up FlyInside how you want to in the menu in VR there.

Then it loads and you can go flying as usual.

I have good luck setting menu setting for Aerofly FS 2 with in the VR headset, location, plane, etc, hit start and fly.

In P3D with FlyInside it has died on me trying to select as plane in the VR menu, so I just raise the headset and change it on the actual P3D screen, lower the headset and fly.

I hope I did not miss anything, but this should get you going.

I plan on making a youtube video at some point to give folks a visual and audio tutorial on the matter.

Good luck.

You have to have Steam and Steam VR even for FlyInside and P3D, and you need FlyInside for P3D, or for just Aerofly FS 2 don't worry about FlyInside.

Flyinside also has a version for X-Plane but I am waiting for X-Plane 11 to hit Steam, it probably will not work in VR unless Steam recognizes it as a VR enabled program and installs it in your VR list.

But if not, I will get FlyInside for X-Plane then.

One day I will get Occulus Rift or Vive, but this is very satisfactory for me until then.

• Upvote 1

Aaron Tirrell

In P3D you may need to turn the settings downa little compared to what you fly with in 2D or you may get an OOM after a little bit. But, you won't notice that much really.

Aaron Tirrell

Many thanks for your detailed guide. It is obvious that you gave it a lot of your time. I downloaded the Riftcatinstaller yesterday but then decided to wait for your response. My first purchase may need to be a larger phone. My LG has only 2"x31/4" screen (don't really like this one anyhow}

One more question: what kind of "headset" do you use to hold the phone?

Best regards and thanks again

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I have Cynoculars, go to Walmart and buy any cheap set, ours has a headset for $5.

I just got the ZTE ZMAX PRO from Metro PCS.

Quad core processor, 6" screen, fingerprint sensor, gyroscope, 32GB onboard storage, up to a 256GB SD card can be installed, and so much more.

For $175 out the door I got the phone, a nice case, and the first month of service (I got the cheapest $30/month).

After 90 days of service with them you can unlock it for use with any service.

Aaron Tirrell

Almost set...Got the headset ordered from Amazon, ZTEMax Pro tomorrow afternoon, all software almost ready to install.

One problem however (maybe) When I go to this link:  https://www.oculus.com/rift/ the only software download is a Rift Compatibility tool. Isthat what I should be getting?

Really appreciate your help and look forward to hooking it all up

Neal H

• Upvote 1

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I am sure Oculus or Vive is better, can't be too much better though.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5