Sign in to follow this  
Navigator43

Best REX 4 Clouds

What are the best REX 4 clouds to use to get the best smoothness and FPS?

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Make sure to use 512 (low res) for low and mid-high level clouds

Texture Compression

DXT 5

P3D Settings

tick Enable Prepar3D v2,v3 HDR Texures

Cloud Sizing Algorithm OFF (far left)

Best clouds imo are soft clouds set 16 or very last set if you have solf clouds within REX4

AS16+ASCA full dynamic, just sky colour ticked Soft clouds as above. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Perfect thank you very much for the response

Texture Compression

DXT 5

P3D Settings

Best clouds imo are soft clouds set 16 or very last set if you have solf clouds within REX4

So just tick sky colours for ASCA that's it

Yes Angus.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Texture Compression

DXT 5

P3D Settings

Aren't you also meant to disable the low-level clouds when using Rex SC?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

No because solf clouds installs into REX 4 and becomes part of low-level clouds. That's why the stand alone SC best set imo is 16 but becomes set 32 when integrated into REX4

I have Both.

rexsc.jpg

No because solf clouds installs into REX 4 and becomes part of low-level clouds. That's why the stand alone SC best set imo is 16 but becomes set 32 when integrated into REX4

I have Both.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32448-rex-ess-od-with-rex-4-soft-clouds/

"(De-Select low-level clouds in the OPTIONS MANAGER when using the Soft Clouds package)"

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I think that was before they integrated it into REX 4.

Also I don't install that way I just click the clouds I want and install, I don't use set etc etc. And everything is un checked apart from low level clouds. Always was and always will be.

If you had posted the full how to it was

• REX4 Texture Direct is used for the general texture/sound/effects replacement tool. (De-Select low-level clouds in the OPTIONS MANAGER when using the Soft Clouds package)
  • REX Soft Clouds is used as the main cloud replacement utility.

Soft clouds is not a stand alone for me. So I cannot open it like the instructions you have posted hence why there in REX 4 and there classed as low level clouds. You can see clearly there in REX4 from the screen shot and you can see there classed as Low level. 

There is nothing complicated about it.

So Like I said pick the clouds you want and press install. Nothing  else gets installed for me.

I think that was before they integrated it into REX 4.

Also I don't install that way I just click the clouds I want and install, I don't use set etc etc. And everything is un checked apart from low level clouds. Always was and always will be.

If you had posted the full how to it was

• REX4 Texture Direct is used for the general texture/sound/effects replacement tool. (De-Select low-level clouds in the OPTIONS MANAGER when using the Soft Clouds package)
  • REX Soft Clouds is used as the main cloud replacement utility.
Soft clouds is not a stand alone for me. So I cannot open it like the instructions you have posted hence why there in REX 4 and there classed as low level clouds. You can see clearly there in REX4 from the screen shot and you can see there classed as Low level. 

There is nothing complicated about it.

So Like I said pick the clouds you want and press install. Nothing  else gets installed for me.

I tried this it works real nice!!

I tried this it works real nice!!

Great. Enjoy!