Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Insufficient Fuel message

When I'm programming the FMC, I keep getting an 'Insufficient Fuel'-message. I have my flightplan's fuel calculations in KG and I checked the Setup>Aircraft>Displays-page and the Weight Units are set to KGS(this setting is bright), so the units of mesurement should match.

Any idea what the problem might be and how I can fix this?

Cheers!

Maarten

Check your progress page. The fuel remaining at destination (4th line) is less than required reserves entered in the PERF INIT page.

You need to add more fuel (MENU/FS ACTIONS/FUEL)

PS. OT: Do not forget to load winds aloft if using AS2016/ASN

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

it  means  that  your  probably  using the reserve  fuel 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Also, double check your legs page for any discontinuities.  When you load a departure or arrival after the fact, depending on what you had already loaded, sometimes it will has a discontinuity in it and that will cause it calculate fuel wrong.   

I think I'm not using the wrong numbers, I keep getting the message.

From a tutorial video, I unerstand the reserves should be the alternate fuel + final reserves, in tons (are those metric tons when weight units is set to KGS? just to make sure...)

Am I using the right number here?

I always check for discontinuities, that's all fixed and set to the shortest route.

Cheers!

Maarten

PS. OT: Do not forget to load winds aloft if using AS2016/ASN

I have AS16, how is this done?

spacer.png

I have AS16, how is this done?

LEGS PAGE then 6R to RTE DATA. Press 6R and a request will be sent. Wait for it for a few seconds. You ll receive an ACARS message. Press LOAD> and EXEC.

You ll receive DES FOREACST winds too. Go to VNAV PAGE 3 (DES) click FORECAST then LOAD those too (DES FORECAST does not need EXEC).

PS. 777 is the same by the way

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Ah okay, now does the PMDG 747 pull it directly from AS16 without me configuring any settings in either AS16 or the PMDG setup?  Or does it by default pull it from P3D until I configure?

spacer.png

I found that the 'insufficient fuel'-message will appear when the number set for reserves is greater than the actual expected fuel remaining on landing.

I requested and loaded the wind alloft data, but the message doesnt go away, so I tried lowering the reserves vallue, even as low as 1.0 and again requested and loaded the wind alloft data, but still I keep getting the 'Insufficient Fuel' message... :sad:

Edit: I checked with the 737NGX and here I get the same message. The difference with before (when I didnt get the message), might well be AS16, which I dont have that long.

Cheers!

Maarten

Ah okay, now does the PMDG 747 pull it directly from AS16 without me configuring any settings in either AS16 or the PMDG setup?  Or does it by default pull it from P3D until I configure?

Yes, it can do that for you but you need to set the options up. It's all described in sometimes confusing detail in the Intro Manual p165 onwards, but the essence of it is this:

In the CDU under PMDG SETUP/OPTIONS/SIMULATION Page 8

For SIM PLAN FOR WX option choose CREATE AND LOAD TO FSX

This creates and loads a flight plan for weather purposes in FSX. Then in AS16 select the option to automatically load the FSX flight plan. That way you'll get weather uplink prompts in the FMC. Should work exactly the same in P3D.

ki9cAAb.jpg

What software do you use for fuel planning Maarten ?

PFPX. I let PFPX do it's thing and add 30mins of extra fuel. This is what I've always done for the NGX and without problems, but I checked the NGX and it does the same as the 747v3.

Cheers!

Maarten

In regards to the OP question, I used the uplink feature as well with AS16, however for some reason, it only updated the winds aloft for my very first waypoint instead of all of them. This gave me an insufficient fuel message as well. I had to go back and update each waypoint manually and then all was fine with fuel. Now for my issue, I have AS16 and am able to uplink the winds aloft data for the enroute portion on RTE data page, but unfortunately, the uplink on the DES forecast always fails. Anybody know what may be causing this?

but unfortunately, the uplink on the DES forecast always fails

Possibly you haven't entered any altitudes under ATL on the DESCENT FORECAST page