Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

But how does it handle ground traffic on airports without ASDE-X? Without an active transponder it wont see realtime ground traffic i assume. Does it assign a gate based on size and airline code in the AFCAD and then uses FSX/P3D logic to taxi to/from the gate?

I am really baffled by the claim that impact on frames is <1%.  I hope its true, just not sure how it can be given the impact on frames with other packages.  I currently use MyTraffic Pro 6 (or whatever the latest version is these days) and have it at 10% but still find it impacts frames and VAS.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

But how does it handle ground traffic on airports without ASDE-X? Without an active transponder it wont see realtime ground traffic i assume. Does it assign a gate based on size and airline code in the AFCAD and then uses FSX/P3D logic to taxi to/from the gate?

It only shows ground traffic that is in the real traffic stream (transponder on?). This depends on the airport. At EHAM for instance you can follow traffic almost to/from the gate, while at EGLL you loose landing traffic often as soon as they leave the runway, or at touch down.

Nico

I use MT 6 as well. At FB KSFO, a high traffic setting cuts frame rates from 30 fps (that's my monitor set to) without MT6 to 20 (given that's with overall *too* high settings) if I don't use a traffic limiter.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

It only shows ground traffic that is in the real traffic stream (transponder on?). This depends on the airport. At EHAM for instance you can follow traffic almost to/from the gate, while at EGLL you loose landing traffic often as soon as they leave the runway, or at touch down.

Nico

Thanks Nico! So traffic will disappear as soon as the transponder is switched off or if an airport doesnt provide any ground radar data? Hmm, thats quite an immersion killer :/

Please study the Manual:

Just install UT2 as published. Then run my tool VMRGenerator (like numerousof pilots already have done to create matching rules for vPilot :-)) and copy the file AI_Liveries.txt to the PSXseeconTraffic folder.

I'm only using the UT2 liveries so you should keep the UT2 liveries, but may uninstall the UT2 program.

I'm not providing the RealTraffic information, you should buy a license for "RealTraffic for PSX" (that's another Windows program).

Nico

Thanks for the clarification.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I use UTII. At KSFO, with ~40% airliner only set, I get 24-28 fps which is acceptable.

Don't really see a reason to change that, yet.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Nico! So traffic will disappear as soon as the transponder is switched off or if an airport doesnt provide any ground radar data? Hmm, thats quite an immersion killer :/

Then don't use it. ;-)

Personally I find it much more interesting to have the airborne traffic. 

@All

Before becoming too enthousiastic, I must warn you. PSXseeconTraffic is a public beta. It has been tested pretty good with P3D but not that much with FSX. (I do not have it). There may still be problems with FSX.

Nico

• Upvote 1

Then don't use it. ;-)

Personally I find it much more interesting to have the airborne traffic. 

@All

Before becoming too enthousiastic, I must warn you. PSXseeconTraffic is a public beta. It has been tested pretty good with P3D but not that much with FSX. (I do not have it). There may still be problems with FSX.

Nico

That was just a personal remark, i still think its a great tool ;) And thanks for offering this to the community as freeware, appreciated!

Do you reckon your tool might offer from/to gate taxiing in the future? Perhaps by using the build in taxi logic of P3D/FSX, as this woudlnt need realtime data? I dont know how difficult this would be to implement, so i'm just asking cheekily ;)

• Upvote 1

Sounds interesting!

Another question:

does it work in Germany/whole Europe?

They do have sometimes silly regulations ....

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds interesting!

Another question:

does it work in Germany/whole ]

https://youtu.be/A26X8wNmgsU

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Nico,

thank you for your selfless contribution!!!

Excellent!

No more schedules to update, no more AI tinkering!

Doesn't get more real with this!

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

thanks Gerard ... will have a look!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

can i do something to see more traffic? 

Acodring to Flightradar there are a lot of planes arround my but i could only see one of them KLM255 but the rest VIR1F BAW189, ...... and a lot of other i cannot see in Avilasoft EFB or on my PMDG747 TFC with show all aircrafts activated :sad:

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT