Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

Excuse me, but... Maybe I'm being an idiot but where is the manual?

EDIT

Never mind!

I was an idiot! Found it...  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Sounds interesting!

Another question:

does it work in Germany/whole ]

DLH does not operate B744 at EDDM. They're all based at EDDF :-) 

DLH does not operate B744 at EDDM. They're all based at EDDF :-)

Parked aircraft airlines/types are based on the parking spots info in the Afcad from the airport.

If a moving aircraft parks then it is a correct one..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Thank you Nico, have just purchased a 1 year lic. I will use this in conjunction with Lorby's AITracker X, WMA from:   http://lorby-si.weebly.com/

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Very intteresting program, well done.

I'd love to give this a go but I don't have any AI traffic software installed - what do for models/liveries in this case? Thanks

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

VRMGenerator cannot find my WOAI or FTX AI planes. At a bit of a dead end now. Not sure what to do.

Checked the simobjects cfg

[Entry.13]
PATH=SimObjects\WOAI
TITLE=WOAI
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

Searches for AI, then stops.

Log states cannot find.

Fri Feb 10 22:35:35 2017
VMRGenerator (64 bit) version 3.6

data\ICAOAirlineCodes.txt read with 1703 Airline codes
data\ICAOAircraftCodes.txt read with 1224 Aircraft codes
data\InvalidAircraftCodeFixes.txt read with 114 Aircraft code fixes
folder0=
folder1=
folder2=
folder3=
folder4=
folder5=
VERSION_CHECK=1
Searching for folders with AI aircraft ...
WoAI aircraft not found
G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\IVAO_MTL not found
G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\IVAO_MTL not found
G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft not found
G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\UT2 Aircraft not found
G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\JFTraffic360 not found
G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\JFTraffic360 not found
G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\MyTraffic\Aircraft not found
G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\vip not found
G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Airplanes\vip not found
User closed VMRGenerator, wait till all processes have stopped ...
VMRGenerator exits

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi All.

So I have to be missing something easy here.  I've tried to follow the steps in the manual, and I generated all the files and put them in the right folders.  When I run PSXseecon Traffic, it will connect to RealTraffic OK, but will not to the sim.  Just sits with Flight Sim status connecting.  If I'm running everything on the same PC, do I still need to do something with the simconnect files.  Any tips from someone that has gotten it running.  I'm on P3D ver 3.4.22 (HF3).

Thanks in advance,

John

Hi All.

So I have to be missing something easy here.  I've tried to follow the steps in the manual, and I generated all the files and put them in the right folders.  When I run PSXseecon Traffic, it will connect to RealTraffic OK, but will not to the sim.  Just sits with Flight Sim status connecting.  If I'm running everything on the same PC, do I still need to do something with the simconnect files.  Any tips from someone that has gotten it running.  I'm on P3D ver 3.4.22 (HF3).

Thanks in advance,

John

What does your PSXseeconTraffic.log say..?

Hi Thomas,

I actually think I got it to go.  I seems to say in the manual that you only need to put the simconnect files in place if you are running the traffic program on a separate machine from the sim.  I went ahead and configured the 2 files and just used the localhost IP (127.0.0.0) and it now connects.  I don't know if this is necessary, but it does seem to be connecting.

Now there's a new problem.  It seems to see my airport and plane correctly (CYYZ and Q400), but it sits waiting for QNH of CYYZ and there are no live or parked aircraft.  it does seem to see the airport and sees that there are 268 parking places, just no AI.

Still puzzled, but having fun figuring it out!! :smile:

Hi Thomas,

I actually think I got it to go.  I seems to say in the manual that you only need to put the simconnect files in place if you are running the traffic program on a separate machine from the sim.  I went ahead and configured the 2 files and just used the localhost IP (127.0.0.0) and it now connects.  I don't know if this is necessary, but it does seem to be connecting.

Now there's a new problem.  It seems to see my airport and plane correctly (CYYZ and Q400), but it sits waiting for QNH of CYYZ and there are no live or parked aircraft.  it does seem to see the airport and sees that there are 268 parking places, just no AI.

Still puzzled, but having fun figuring it out!! :smile:

John.

I had the same problem as you.. fixed same way as you and it worked for 1 time. Now as stuck with QNH issue - the log just shows it is pulling the data - which the source is  http://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/data/observations/metar/cycles/00Z.TXT  .. it is beta so perhaps too many connections from the program to that service got it blocked?

Thomas,

I tried it after a restart of P3D and change of location

My log shows the following:

KJFK has 215 parking positions

00:39:02 Looking up QNH for Airport KJFK

00:39:03 Looking up QNH for airport KLGA

00:39:03 Looking up ready.

I'm not sure it that means it was successful or is not, but the msg does not go away from the  status line of PSXseecon Traffic and I don't get any live traffic.

Still trying, but still having fun.  Not sure how much longer the fun will last though!!

John

Yes John, that's what I see in the log as well. 

It is fun... up to a point! It definitely was working for me in the same system configuration which is why I suspect it might be outside our control.

Got a workaround....

In PSXconnect.. press C to change back to PSX mode, the app will auto close

Re launch PSXconnect ... Press C to change to RealTraffic mode

ReRe launch PSXconnect .. Launch RealTraffic ,, it should get the QNH and work 

Son of a gun!!!!!  That worked for me as well.  I wonder if it will work the next time we exit the sim?!!!

OK.  KJFK just came to life like I've not seen it before.  A good random sample of parked planes, planes taxiing out, several taking off and a couple landing.  They seem to be taxiing all the way to the gates as well.  Very cool.  I'm having fun again!!

By the way, good catch Thomas!