Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

As some others have asked: What does it do to VAS? I'm willing to try it for VAS reduction. Also, how much work is it to get the liveries from MT6 into the app? 

I'm really interested in this, but still a tiny bit skeptical...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Can't get it to work. Started the flight in P3D, PSX opened, Real Traffic opened, but simply won't connect to the sim. No idea at the moment why. Both apps are allowed in Firewall.

image.jpg

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Had the same problem.

Try changing the IP address in SimConnect.cfg to 127.0.0.1 (if you're running in a non-network environment). That solved the problem for me.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

also try using a airliner if your not i was in a fighter and it didnt reconize the plane when i went to a 737  poof it worked

This looks like a very promising program bringing our hobby to an even higher level.

I installed the program but ran into some issues of which I hope some of you could help me.

After installing RealTraffic 3.0.6 I do not seem to receive any traffic In the Traffic Display; what I see are the two black circles and in red NO TRAFFIC.

I tried to follow some of the suggestions from this thread like changing localhost in 127.0.0.1 etc, but nothing works.

Do I need to make some extra configuration changes in my router/modem?

Any help would be greatly appropriated!

Marco Bruno.

Cannot get over the accuracy. Had FR24 opened on my client PC and it was spot on with what I was seeing in P3D. The only thing that could be an issue, for me anyway is doing historic flights, or using the 4x sim rate in the PMDG 777.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Brilliant idea, as with all such strokes of genius one wonders instantly why this wasn't tried before!

• Upvote 1

Yes, I checked that too.  RealTraffic starts fine (which also uses java), but doesn't show any traffic.  I'm guessing it's because it hasn't connected with PSXseeconTraffic, which of course, doesn't start at all.

I can use all the other programs Nico provides (VMRGenerator and ParkPosGenerator), which look similar to PSXseeconTraffic

Thanks anyway Tom for taking a stab at it!  :smile:

edit:can't type... :P

Just to add that I have this problem.  Windows 7, 64 bit, and I have installed the redist.  I run PSXseeconTraffic.exe, and nothing happens.  Realtraffic works ok, and Nico's other programs open just fine.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

As some others have asked: What does it do to VAS? I'm willing to try it for VAS reduction. Also, how much work is it to get the liveries from MT6 into the app? 

I'm really interested in this, but still a tiny bit skeptical...

FPS/VAS FlightSimming problems!  Never see with PSXSeeconTraffic!

The past few months I have as beta tester of PSXSeeconTraffic made many test flights in my B737 Cockpit under various conditions.

One of the most important topics is then always the question FPS and VAS problems.

During the test flights, I have had a lot of attention to this question.

I have the same test flights made under the exact same conditions with and without Real liveTraffic.

Continuous the VAS and FPS measured during flights.

Conclusion: there is barely measurable FPS <1 and VAS loss when using PSXSeeconTraffic.

For everyone's information here my test system/configuration.

I would like to emphasise running the PSXSeeconTraffic software on my small Windows 8 Tablet.

My Setup configuration. (local network with switch)
PC1 running;

P3D ,ORBX FTX Global, LandClass Eur and Vector, FSUIPC, GSX and different Airport addons,

Hifi AS2016/ASCA remote from my W8 Tablet.

PC2 running Prosim B737 software; Captain PFD, ND and EICAS CDU

PC3 running Prosim B737 Software; FO PFD, ND and CDU

All; operating software Windows 10

Windows 8 Tablet client; (USB 3 Cable connected with my Local Network Switch)

Simultaneously running on this Tablet ; PSXSeeconTraffic, AS2016/ASCA in dynamics mode, PFPX, Topcat, ProsimUtils, FSUIPC Wide Client VAS/FPS monitor, ProsimUtils and FlightRadar24 in the Web browser.

PSXSeeconTraffic and Realtraffic for PSX have no influence on the programs running on this little tablet and no loss off performance in P3d.

Henk (the Netherlands)
"Have a nice Flight"

For those have having problems connecting like I did, if you are Not running this over a network rename the simconnect cfg file in the PSX seecon traffic file.Ive just put old at the end of it

• Upvote 1

FPS/VAS FlightSimming problems!  Never see with PSXSeeconTraffic!

I still need to try it, but I will definitely do as soon as I find time. I hate subscriptions, but the 10 $/yr are a bargain in eyes.

I can imagine the effect now. The real burden of usual AI programs is on the CPU having to calculate all those planes around in a way to make sense. Now the CPU is relieved of all this work as real-world traffic is injected as is and there's nothing to calculate. It's our real-world controllers and pilots who make sure (hopefully) traffic to make sense.

As a sidenote, I recall reading on the UT2 forum there is something like an "Ultimate Traffic Live" in beta now which smells like something similar.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Question to current users and/or Beta Testers...

I understand the Live Traffic does not work while running VPilot in the VATSIM environment.  If I am flying on VATSIM in UNCONTROLLED airspace (which can be very frequent), is there a SIMPLE way to toggle back and forth between LIVE TRAFFIC and VATSIM traffic ?  This would be a great solution to those "lonely" VATSIM flights. 

Thanks for your response and thank you Nico for ALL you do for our community  :wink:

WAT1460.png

"Ultimate Traffic Live" in beta

I too was wondering what was happening with this.

Mark

Cant seem to use the VMRgenerator. Seems as though the AI location is fixed and cannot be changed. I have 30gb of custom AI on anther drive. Any way to tell it where to look?

Otherwise, very interested to try this. Great ideas at work Nico

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png