Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

Worked like a charm though I just realized as I paid my subscription.. this app will not be as effective later at night as there is not that much traffic airborne except for trans flights.    Also...  MY EARS!  @_@   Is there a way to not have the AI parked traffic blasting away ALL of their engines at full power while parked?  I can't hear a word my FO is saying now.    There shouldn't be any engine sounds at all except for active aircraft.    Anything to be done done about parked traffic at max volume?    No distance muffling at all.

And those of you reporting no FPS loss with this app must have stunning PC's.    I most definitely see the FPS drop somewhat when a lot of planes spawn in.   VAS usage is fine and my FPS is still over 30 but it's not longer 60 at KHOU.  It's hovering around 48 externally.  So that's a loss of 12 with this app running on the same PC.

EDIT:  Solution for sound when flying the PMDG products at least.   Turn Engine sounds WAY WAY WAY down in the simulation sound options and set your sounds for your own craft in the PMDG FMC setup menus.

PS:   RIP SWA 5928.... XD   I just watched an AI come in for a landing at 300 mph and miss the runway by 300 feet to the left... XD    Pretty sure I have the most up to day AFCAD of KHOU you can have.

Overall, great program with some problems that probably can't be overcome anytime soon such as traffic taxing to the gates at non radar controlled airports but I like where this is going. 

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

This is Real World Live traffic .

You cannot communicate.

No program is able to give/read ATC instructions

If I see an aircraft in front of me ( either seeing it or looking at my ND ) when flying my STAR l I simply lower my speed till I am at about a 2 min distance.

Hi Gerard!

Thank you so much!! 

The Real World Live Traffic, from which source is obtained? - I want to be sure that planes that don't appear at FR24, would appear at P3D at least.

Finally, are you aware of this app, as suggested by Jay Bloomfield - jabloomf1230

4. Neither the sim nor any ATC apps will communicate with the live AI aircraft, but I would suggest using the donationware app LAAP which dynamically changes the LiveATC feed as one switches radio frequencies. Or just run a LiveATC feed manually when airborne. Unfortunately, the comm frequencies for ARTCCs are not usable by LAAP since it relies on MakeRunways to create the database that matches up LiveATC feeds and comm frequencies. Center radio frequencies (and boundaries) are part of the sim's file bcvf.bgl. Also, live ATC feeds are not available now for much of Europe.

Thank you one more time!

Warm regards,

Rafael

I was too optimistic about interaction of life traffic and VATSIM.

I made my statements about it being compatible after just one trial where I was flying away from other VATSIM traffic and no ATC in that area.

When I tried again in a busy place with moderate VATSIM traffic and ATC active the program started quitting and practically became useless.

So I am retracting my statements about compatibility with VATSIM

mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

Just want to clarify, the PSXseecon Traffic Manual says that addons have to be installed.  Is it as simple as copying the Ultimate Traffic Aircraft folder into Prepar3D Simobjects folder and running the VMRGenerator or do I have to fully install UT2?

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Quick Q for anybody: I fly on vatsim, does this work at same time as I know usually AI progs dont work when on vatsim, just thinking as would make the skies feel busier :) 

Negative. Live Traffic only.

Nico

Hello Nico,

Please where is the this particular log file located?

Let me know, I will post here.

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

Aftab.

It is in the same folder as PSXseeconTraffic.exe, please read the Manual ;-)

Negative. Live Traffic only.

Nico

It is in the same folder as PSXseeconTraffic.exe, please read the Manual ;-)

Hello,

Thanks for the information, posted the log for Nico or henk to take a look.

Best Regards,

Aftab

AFTAB HINGORO

Just want to clarify, the PSXseecon Traffic Manual says that addons have to be installed.  Is it as simple as copying the Ultimate Traffic Aircraft folder into Prepar3D Simobjects folder and running the VMRGenerator or do I have to fully install UT2?

Robert

You only need the UT2 aircraft. One way of achieving this is to fully install UT2. Make a copy of the UT2 liveries. Uninstall UT2. Put the copy of the UT2 liveries back. Put a path to the UT2 liveries in VMRGenerator. Run VMRGenerator. That's all.

Nico

I was too optimistic about interaction of life traffic and VATSIM.

I made my statements about it being compatible after just one trial where I was flying away from other VATSIM traffic and no ATC in that area.

When I tried again in a busy place with moderate VATSIM traffic and ATC active the program started quitting and practically became useless.

So I am retracting my statements about compatibility with VATSIM

mike

Indeed. you cannot have other Traffic programs together with PSXseeconTraffic. See Manual section 1.3 Disclaimer and 4.1 Traffic Slider

Nico

You only need the UT2 aircraft. One way of achieving this is to fully install UT2. Make a copy of the UT2 liveries. Uninstall UT2. Put the copy of the UT2 liveries back. Put a path to the UT2 liveries in VMRGenerator. Run VMRGenerator. That's all.

Nico

Indeed. you cannot have other Traffic programs togethet with PSXseeconTraffic. See Manual section 1.3 Disclaimer and 4.1 Traffic Slider

Nico

Hi Nico,

I am trying to use this program but VMR generator does not give me any result. It searched all folders for AI but found none. I am using my own AI with AIG flightplans. Can you give me some pointer here?

Thanks

Hendrik 

does it work in Germany/whole Europe?

Live Traffic works in the whole world. 

Parked aircraft data only at the 2700 major airports that are in my program. For some areas this still has to be extended.

Nico

Devin, it does also use Java so perhaps check that your Java is installed and/or up to date...

PSXseeconTraffic does not use Java.

Nico

I wrote about this idea 6 months ago... now its coming ?   SUPER !!

PSXseeconTrafficis (1.0 .. 4.17) has  already been on the market for Aeorowinx PSX since Dec 2015.... :-)

Nico

Hi Nico,

I am trying to use this program but VMR generator does not give me any result. It searched all folders for AI but found none. I am using my own AI with AIG flightplans. Can you give me some pointer here?

Thanks

Hendrik

You can Klick into the box and ad the path to the ai planes manually....worked for me.

McDan out

Can't get it to work. Started the flight in P3D, PSX opened, Real Traffic opened, but simply won't connect to the sim. No idea at the moment why. Both apps are allowed in Firewall.

image.jpg

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

If you are running PSXseeconTraffic at the same PC as P3D then just rename Simconnect.cfg to something different.

This is an omission in my Manual, will make an update. EDIT: in 5.1 this is fixed by naming Simconnect.cfg, Simconnect_networked.cfg. Peaple that run networked shoud rename in back to Simconnect.cfg.

Nico

But this app is fully dependent on AFCAD files.  I see planes going through walls and stuff.

Live traffic is not dependent on AFCAD files.

Parking positions for parked aircraft and/or live aircraft starting or ending at a gate are taken from the airport's .BGL file.

Nico

Hello,

I have attached my log file for Henk to have a look and diagnose

where the issue of no live traffic showing is orginating in my configuration.

There is no difference if I switch aircraft from F-22 Raptor to any other Aircraft,

Live traffic is not displayed and working, even though the program connects with Prepar3d.

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

Aftab.

Hi Aftab,

This statement in the log file says:

Warning: Flight Simulator disappeared, PSXseeconTraffic will stop ...

Any idea why P3D stopped?

Nico

Hi Nico,

Thanks

Hendrik 

Hi Hendrik,

Put the full path to your AI aircraft. What AI are you using? VMRGenerator knows a lot but not all. AI aircraft can have differenr implementations. Maybe yours is new to VMRGenerator. WoAI, IVAO_MTL, UT2, MyTraffic FTX work fine.

Nico

Any news about PSXseeconTraffic not starting?

Updatend C++ 2015 and Java, run as Admin without any result. 

Francisco

Just released 5.1

• PSXseeconTraffic restricted to being used with P3D only (no FSX).
    Note there were some nasty errors reported with FSX. 
    For the time being I continue with P3D only, till everything is stable.
  • Simconnect.cfg file renamed to Simconnect_networked.cfg. This will prevent the connection to P3D problems when running PSXseeconTraffic and P3D at the same PC.

Hi guys,

Sofar the major problems I see are OS related. Will put that high on my to-do list.

Aircraft noise is second.

Please use my Forum at MyCockpit.org for new questions and discussions. Each topic a separate thread.

That will be a lot easier then this single thread.

Nico