Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

The main problem with the Parking Generator is that it finds all copies of airports by searching all the folders (and their subfolders) that are added to its search list. In the long run, the utility really should search in reverse order only folders referenced in scenery.cfg, as there is no way presently to have the utility use the airport that is actually active in the sim. Putting the Prepar3d folder at the top of the search list makes sure that the parking txt file for default airports will be overwritten by the file of any addon  airports found later in the search. 

Finally got mine working after several hours. Problem was I kept skipping the cfg file. This is second time I have used MT6, the first time I installed it.

The second time I just pointed the scenery library to the folder and it worked. Completely forgot that without references in a cfg file, liveries are not used with this program because  they are not considered as installed in the sim.

also I deleted the .ini for Real Traffic an let it rebuild and I checked all the boxes in that program

First time I even considered in just taxiing around JFK and looking around. 218 planes in the air and on ground between JFK and the Int'l airport just west of JFK.... cool! 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Got it working yesterday (sort of). 

Firstly the radar part doesnt seem to work and 2nd I can see planes taxing but when they are going to take off the start going down the runway and then just disappear.

From EGFF to YSSY

Spent a few hours tweaking this today and have to say I am very impressed. I usually fly on VATSIM so I would love to be able to have VPilot inject traffic as well as PSX (PSX will crash if anything else injects traffic currently) for times/locations where there is light online traffic and no ATC. But so far its very cool. Flew out of VHHH and felt like I was there! 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

I have RealTraffic on the client, along with PSXseeconTraffic.

Hi Devyn,

I know there is an issue with Win7, have you tried to install on the server PC to see if it works?  I didn't want to mess around with my SimConnect files or play around with networking issues so I installed it directly onto the server, it doesn't take much room and I plan on excluding it from being scanned by my AV software but so far it is running pretty smooth.

To all users, remember that the data is coming from an ADS-B system, sometimes there are issues with the data it captures and aircraft will do crazy things when they "reconnect."  I am not sure if the program can be written to intercept live traffic and convert it to use AI rules but I doubt that it would be easy.  The only time I see that aircraft are following taxiways, parking appropriately at a gate is when I am situated at a payware airport or an airport with an updated AFCAD, even then there are glitches and that is no fault of the RealTraffic app.

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi guys here is very nice website for those who are getting wrong aircraft codes . http://www.airlinecodes.co.uk/arctypes.asp

Yes it tells me aircraft are flying above my area , but i don't see any movement from any aircraft. I don't know if this has to do with all the invalid aircraft codes i got in my logs but i'm fixing each one right now.

If you unselect limit vertical range, you will probably see them.

I have noticed a lot of parked aircraft ie NZAA, with Flybe, Easyjet and Southwest which certainly do not belong. So, will use WMA to create my own and zero the parked aircraft in PSXseecon.

If you have not heard of WMA, look here.:http://www.avsim.com/topic/503689-wama-where-are-my-aircraft-released/

You can also manually update the NZAA.txt file in parked, such that it perfectly fits. Is not that difficult..

Hi

The ParkedPos files included with PSXseeconTraffix are general standard files.

Created from the default airports without specific AI-aircraft P3D files.

In this situation, most ParkedPos spots at airports filled for example in as:

g82; 1.737733; 52.455984;-145.0 ;___; B737, A320, B735, CRJ9, B752

You see ;___; on this place no the Airline Company code.

If there's a line ;___; any Airline Company could then be put on the parked gate spot.

So you create a line like this.

D57; 52.310039; 4.773782; 183.3;KLM,TRA,AFR;B737,A320,A321

(this line is created in my ParkedPos file for EHAM Gate D57.)

Here KLM, Transavia and Air France aircrafts will only be put on the Gate spot.

OK, for so far some background information.
If you did not so, download the program VMRGenerator.    http://www.lekseecon.nl/VMRGenerator.html

Carefully read the manual (section 3.1) and create a new AI_liveries.txt file with this program for your situation.
Next, if you did not so, run the ParkPosgenerator included with the download files of PSXseeconTraffic.

Read the manual (section 3.3) carefully and create with this program new ParkedPos files for your situation with your (Addon) Sceneries.

(copy the existing ParkedPos folder before you do so)

Now there are a few possibilities:

The new parked pos files contain Airlines Company codes as described above.

The airlines for each position are taken from the .bgl, or if not available "___" is generated.

For example: I have installed LFMN (Nice France) scenery from "Just Flight".

I see only ;___; on each line. So "Just flight" have not put airlines in the .bgl files.

If you only have ;___; in this situation you will need to fill out the airlines themselves.

(Note:  the spelling of the line.)

Regards
Henk

Hi

See the post above.

Regards Henk

Thanks Henk.

I read the manual but didnt know about the ___ and what it means. How about having AF747? AF doesnt have active 747 anymore. In that case the airlines code are correct but how to make sure that it uses the right a/c

Thanks

You can also manually update the NZAA.txt file in parked, such that it perfectly fits. Is not that difficult..

That is great, thank you for the tip.

Hi

See the post above.

Regards Henk

Many thanks Henk, your post helped a lot.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The whole idea is very interesting. I really like the idea of having all that traffic on the ground with little fps impact.

I am however still overwhelmed at how complicated an installation it seems to be. I am currently stuck at step two, where I am using the VMRgenerator. It comes up with 42 errors on my WoAI or 647 on the IVAO MTL folder. I am not sure where I'll go from here. Do I have to delete all these error files?

• Upvote 1

Regards, Perry

Thanks Henk.

I read the manual but didnt know about the ___ and what it means. How about having AF747? AF doesnt have active 747 anymore. In that case the airlines code are correct but how to make sure that it uses the right a/c

Thanks

I think that you would have to edit the aircraft.cfg and remove the AF 747 then renumber the [fltsim.x] entries.

The whole idea is very interesting. I really like the idea of having all that traffic on the ground with little fps impact.

I am however still overwhelmed at how complicated an installation it seems to be. I am currently stuck at step two, where I am using the VMRgenerator. It comes up with 42 errors on my WoAI or 647 on the IVAO MTL folder. I am not sure where I'll go from here. Do I have to delete all these error files?

Hi Perry,

Nothing has to be done with those errors just yet, you will get tired of seeing aircraft from areas that don't belong at the airports you are at.  What you will eventually have to do is edit the airliner and aircraft errors so the remaining aircraft can be properly identified by VMRgenerator in order for them to be included in the sim.  You may never see the proper airliners at all the airports as there isn't a comprehensive program which contains all the airliners in service today.  I am working on identifying which airliners I need and then go on a search for them.  It's a lot of work but it will be worth it.

\Robert Hamlich/

I have RealTraffic on the client, along with PSXseeconTraffic.

I have ASN running on the client.  All I did was change the port#....ASN doesn't care what port SimConnect uses, as long as it can connect.

This is my simconnect.xml:

This is my .simconnect.cfg

What is the version of your Simconnect client? PSXseeconTraffic depends on 10.0.61259.0

You can find it in your P3D installation:

..\Prepar3D\redist\interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

Same behaviour.

Check if you have a SimconnectClient installed at your machine, version 10.0.61259.0

You can find it in your P3D installation:

..\Prepar3D\redist\interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

The main problem with the Parking Generator is that it finds all copies of airports by searching all the folders (and their subfolders) that are added to its search list. In the long run, the utility really should search in reverse order only folders referenced in scenery.cfg, as there is no way presently to have the utility use the airport that is actually active in the sim. Putting the Prepar3d folder at the top of the search list makes sure that the parking txt file for default airports will be overwritten by the file of any addon  airports found later in the search. 

As a temporary solution: You can remove the Prepar3D folder and give full path names to the Add-on Airports that you use most. 

Or even better - what a lot of people already do- install your add-on airports outside P3D at another disk. Then just give the path to that Disk and only all your important airports will be scanned .

You can neglect these "errors", just go on, you will only miss a few liveries. You can always spent time later on to improve your AI aircraft.cfg files if you are a perfectionist.

Thanks for these fantastic little Software, I like it!

After some short tests: GREAT TOOL - when you are in the air, but on the ground not really nice. The parked aircraft are nice to see, but taxiing and inbound traffic is very scary so far. For my opinion would be the best solution a combination of BGL-generated traffic on ground and PSXseeconTraffic in the air. It Looks easy to switch off the PSX-groundtraffic, but how I can find an automatic setting to see bgl-traffic until airborn and from for example 5000ft into the Destination. Would be the FSUIPC-Traffic-Manager a way to do it?

Greetings Andrew Bowler

After some short tests: GREAT TOOL - when you are in the air, but on the ground not really nice. The parked aircraft are nice to see, but taxiing and inbound traffic is very scary so far. For my opinion would be the best solution a combination of BGL-generated traffic on ground and PSXseeconTraffic in the air. It Looks easy to switch off the PSX-groundtraffic, but how I can find an automatic setting to see bgl-traffic until airborn and from for example 5000ft into the Destination. Would be the FSUIPC-Traffic-Manager a way to do it?

That is impossible...

The moving aircraft are controlled outside P3D.

On my pc taxiing aircraft looks good 90% of the time.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

little? Do you how many months I've spent to develop it.... ;-)

But I'm glad you like it, thx.