Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

Yes I know, but why impossible? Theoretically, you can use both traffic generators at the same time. I need only a way switch the bgl-generated traffic on/off.

Greetings Andrew Bowler

You can neglect these "errors", just go on, you will only miss a few liveries. You can always spent time later on to improve your AI aircraft.cfg files if you are a perfectionist

Nothing has to be done with those errors just yet

Thanks Robert and Kiek. Moving on. Now it seems less complicated :)

Regards, Perry

Yes I know, but why impossible? Theoretically, you can use both traffic generators at the same time. I need only a way switch the bgl-generated traffic on/off.

You cannot use an AI traffic program at the same time as Live Traffic...

Try it and you will get errors.

If you want to use a traffic program than you might consider not using live traffic but spent 10 dollar per month on MyTraffic Live traffic..

It loads current flightplans and compiles them to MyTraffic flightplans.

You will get a framerate hit as you have to use 30% traffic.

Nico's program is live traffic at every moment and they take off from / land on the current runways in use at that moment...

And the framerate hit is necletable..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

You cannot use an AI traffic program at the same time as Live Traffic...

Try it and you will get errors.

You misunderstand me. I don´t want to use both at the same time.

preparation, pushback, taxi to the runway -> bgl-traffic on // psxseecontraffic off

short after airborn, climb, cruise, descent -> bgl-traffic off // psxseecontraffic on

approach (for example at 5000ft or 15mi out), landing, taxi to gate -> bgl-traffic on // psxseecontraffic off

Greetings Andrew Bowler

First tries didn't work. I skipped the part 3.2 simconnect, as I don't run a networked PC:

At RealTraffic I get a no traffic on the display.

At PSXseec I get status connected lefthand and a green waiting for flightsim warning below. red bar in the middle.

I do use AS16 for P3D. W10 64

Regards, Perry

It will not work.

An AI traffic program works with a flightplan made before starting P3D.

Live Traffic is placed live in P3D ...

One cannot communicate with the other.

So one cannot take over an aircraft from the other..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

It will not work.

This is correct - but you can activate the AI-Traffic during the sim is loaded (switch from 0 to 100%, or whatever).

Nobody said that both should communicate with the other, no handover. Get BGL-generated traffic on ground, when it switched off, the planes disappear, that´s clear! When you switch off psxseecontraffic during approach, the planes disappear, that´s clear!

But if you use both tools (in different flightphases, individually, never at the sametime), you can get a realistic ground movement, planes that land on the runway on the one side and realistic real-traffic inflight on the other side.

I can do this manually, until takeoff I use my traffictool. After airborn, switch AI-Traffic to zero. Now I start psxseecontraffic to get realtraffic during flight. Now I am near my destination airport, I dsiconnect psxseecontraffic. I set my AI-Traffic to x% and see for the final my bgl-traffic until I will arrive at my gate. All this works great, but manuall. I look for an automated way (more or less).
I hope you understand now better what I mean.

@Nico: You are right! It´s not a little tool. Thank you for the GREAT, GREAT, GREAT TOOL! So fantastic, make the Sim great again! :-)

Greetings Andrew Bowler

First tries didn't work. I skipped the part 3.2 simconnect, as I don't run a networked PC:

At RealTraffic I get a no traffic on the display.

At PSXseec I get status connected lefthand and a green waiting for flightsim warning below. red bar in the middle.

I do use AS16 for P3D. W10 64

Are you using 5.0 and everything at the same PC? If so rename the file Simconnect.cfg (in the PSXseeconTraffic folder) to something different.

Are you using 5.0 and everything at the same PC? If so rename the file Simconnect.cfg (in the PSXseeconTraffic folder) to something different.

Cool, that did it! Thanks a lot.

Regards, Perry

It will not work.

Well it could work with PROATCX in the sense of controlling only the user aircraft which is the same when flying online with live traffic ;-)

André

Well it could work with PROATCX in the sense of controlling only the user aircraft which is the same when flying online with live traffic ;-)

No one will hold you back Andre....  :smile:  

I have a question about ADE parking assignments. Do AI occupy  gates accurately in accordance with prescribed airlines' codes or this is what the software does according to the geographical coordinates provided and it disregards data from AI's aircraft.cfg, meaning wing_span data, gates' types, codes assigmnennts  

That could be a good complement to IVAO flights, when flyin-in deserted areas / mostly offline areas.

Looks like VRMgenerator can blend in with IVAO MTL liveries, has anyone tested ? 

Bringing up the fps topic again: I have definitely taken a hit. I might still get the average and tops as before, but not constantly. I am getting a lot of stutters and odd single digit frames, which makes it a not too pleasant experience.

So far I am just sitting on the gnd at various airports and observing traffic. (I haven't tried getting airborne yet). Will try further.

I am running an all on one PC install.

• Upvote 1

Regards, Perry

Any progress on the Windows 7 issue that some of us are seeing?  Would love to be able to try this out.

As an aside, when I run the Live Traffic program it shows zero aircraft.....I have renamed the simconnects.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000