Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

Heyyyy MarW sir......Devin (Netshadoe) called you a god......Devin speaks the truth.

Uninstalled the update KB3118401 and yep Psxseecon ran.....ok on mine it threw up an error...missing api but when I google it I had to reinstall a 2017 redis....and get in PSXseecon came alive.

Now to find the time between work to look at p3d with it running.

Oh and be aware on mine windows update ran and gave me the option of installing the update again LOL so ive hid it from installing.

Many Many Thanks 

Andrew

Side question: The new ParkingPosGenerator doesn't seem to honor the percentage parked options in 1.5. 

It does, if you press enter after typing the new value. An information message at the bottom will confirm your new value... 

Sorry but I've looked and probably missed it but how do I download a new version? I mean I started of at V5.0 and have just been updating with the minor update (exe) but should I have been down loading the full version updates instead which I believe is V5.5 now? By the way, great program.

No, you've done the right thing. Don't forget to download the Manual and the Release notes as well.

You only missed a new version of the ParkPosGenerator(1.5)  (from full version 5.5). Just download and open the full version, unzip at a safe place, and just pick the ParkPosGenerator.exe

Uninstalled the update KB3118401 and yep Psxseecon ran.....ok on mine it threw up an error...missing api but when I google it I had to reinstall a 2017 redis....and get in PSXseecon came alive.

Same here, after removing the KB, I had a missing DLL error message and had to install a universal CRT package.

Then I'm now able to launch the program and see its window for the first time!

Well done Mark!

Time to read the manual now  :Tounge:

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Heyyyy MarW sir......Devin (Netshadoe) called you a god......Devin speaks the truth.

Thanks for the high praise.  Let's reserve the "god" title for the actual programmers who are giving us this amazing software to enhance our Flight Sim experience.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thanks for the high praise.  Let's reserve the "god" title for the actual programmers who are giving us this amazing software to enhance our Flight Sim experience.

For PSXseeconTraffic there's is only one programmer actually, but I cannot perform miracles ... , so "god?",  no  :wink:

Nico Kaan

what is the recommended ai traffic software for this, or which one works best with it?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hello,

I have the new vesrion 5.5 of PSX seecontraffic installed, but with previous version 5.4 also , I look at the traffic waiting for take off, and one by one, when there turn came for takeoff roll,

the planes disappear, instead of completing the takeoff and following the departure procedures assigned.

How to make the planes visible and completing the departure?.

thanking you,

best regards,

aftab

AFTAB HINGORO

Kiek

running great all set up on a laptop as a (client) to my main p3d system (server)

quickly tried dallas and Miami and seems to be running great plenty of American Airlines around

many thanks to you for your efforts as well

Andrew

Hi Nico,

First of all, many thanks for your work producing this amazing piece of software! I've done three flights so far and thoroughly enjoyed it

There's one issue I wanted to bring up. Full disclosure: I use FSX. I'm aware it's not supported, and if it's an FSX-specific problem which doesn't occur on P3D, just ignore me

The issue is that I have difficulty finding a gap on approach into a busy airport (e.g. Heathrow). Aircraft are spaced very tightly on final approach in real world, and PSXseeconTraffic accurately depicts it, making it next to impossible to join the approach - unless the user is willing to ignore TCAS alerts and land on occupied runway if need be. I expect it to be an even bigger issue in airports which don't have a dedicated runway for landing, such as Gatwick

What I would like to see - don't know if it would be difficult to implement, just thinking aloud about a possible solution - is for there to be an option to suppress depiction of the aircraft closest to the user when he or she joins the approach. Perhaps the user should be informed about the callsign of the aircraft being suppressed, in the PSXseeconTraffic window or in the notification line in FS, whatever works better. They would then be able to follower the suppressed aircraft using RealTraffic radar and replicate whatever it's doing, thus basically taking place of this aircraft in the traffic flow

A similar problem can happen on the ground as well - departures out of Heathrow are also spaced tightly, and finding a gap can be an issue

Hope this doesn't sound too convoluted and silly. Many thanks once again for your fantastic work!

Best

Yuri

Well, I feel like I just discovered plutonium.  After countless "create restore points", windows updates, restarts, etc. I have found one Windows update that causes PSXseecon to not start in Windows 7.  Remove it and it starts up no problem.  Just need someone else to test on their machine.

The bad boy you are looking for is KB3118401.  853 kb of traffic killing bits and bytes.  This is an update to the C++ Runtime library.

Great job tracking that issue down Mark!  I'm glad that some of you running who are having issues with Win7 can now see what we have been talking about.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

11 hours ago, Babu said:

the planes disappear, instead of completing the takeoff and following the departure procedures assigned.

It looks like you have not selected air in Realtraffic for PSX.... see the Manual for that.

Nico

11 hours ago, yuris125 said:

First of all, many thanks for your work producing this amazing piece of software! I've done three flights so far and thoroughly enjoyed itThere's one issue I wanted to bring up. Full disclosure: I use FSX. I'm aware it's not supported, and if it's an FSX-specific problem which doesn't occur on P3D, just ignore me

What I would like to see - don't know if it would be difficult to implement, just thinking aloud about a possible solution - is for there to be an option to suppress depiction of the aircraft closest to the user when he or she joins the approach. Perhaps the user should be informed about the callsign of the aircraft being suppressed, in the PSXseeconTraffic window or in the notification line in FS, whatever works better. They would then be able to follower the suppressed aircraft using RealTraffic radar and replicate whatever it's doing, thus basically taking place of this aircraft in the traffic flow

Hi Yuri,

So you managed to run it with FSX?!  I thought I had built in code to prevent that...From now on (i've just updated 5.6) that test will be more severe, so not just a warning, but preventing it to run with non-P3D sims. Maybe you are interested to join a small closed beta group for FSX, just give me a P.M. with your email address.

About your remark, well my experience is that it is not that difficult, although not optimal. At the ground there is no problem if you have collision detection on, aircraft coming to close to you will disappear. In the air there is no collision detection, but if you take position just before another plane, you will have no problems with the one in front of you, and as soon as you land together with the one behind, the one behind will disappear. The TCAS warnings of the one behind you during descend can indeed be annoying. I'll put your idea at the 'nice to have' list.

Nico

Thanks Nico! Yes, version 5.4 worked in FSX for me, the main window was saying "connecting" for FS status throughout the flight, but traffic was injected anyway

Definitely interested in joining the group, sending PM in a moment

Agree my suggestion is not critical, "nice to have" is a right priority for it :)

On 23.2.2017 at 1:18 AM, MarkW said:

Well, I feel like I just discovered plutonium.  After countless "create restore points", windows updates, restarts, etc. I have found one Windows update that causes PSXseecon to not start in Windows 7.  Remove it and it starts up no problem.  Just need someone else to test on their machine.

The bad boy you are looking for is KB3118401.  853 kb of traffic killing bits and bytes.  This is an update to the C++ Runtime library.

same here Mark - running without that update! Thx a lot for your work!

greetings from EDDW

Wolfgang

Yesterday night I've been able to run both software for the very first time with P3D and ... everything worked fine at the first try!

Congratulations Nico :)

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites