Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

9 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Thanks but the big question is will it generate without any errors?

If you mean when installing WoAI? I did follow that Youtube video the first time I tried but I found another video with a better method (can't find it right now but I can explain the method).

Instead of extract and move manually there is a better method.

1) Create a empty file in your P3D folder with the name "fsx.exe" (make sure you not end up with "fsx.exe.txt")

2) In the "WoAI Installer" browse to your targer P3D folder and select the fsx.exe file.

3) Now you can select Target "Microsoft Simulator X" and install directly in the P3D without the manual "extract and move". I got no errors using this method and the WoAI works really good.

37 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

I find myself using Live traffic more and more as I get it more customized. Nico, you have created an amazing addon, but one thing I think would be ideal is to be able to set the range at which traffic is injected. Right now it seems to be around 30-35nm, I'd really like to be able to increase that to 50-60 or even more.

Why do you want that, you cannot see that far ahead can you? These injected aircraft wiil not be visible, unless you of course go plane spotting with View->Change View->Aircraft.

TCAS systems at Navigational Displays normally have a range limit of 40 nm too.

Nico

37 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

I find myself using Live traffic more and more as I get it more customized. Nico, you have created an amazing addon, but one thing I think would be ideal is to be able to set the range at which traffic is injected. Right now it seems to be around 30-35nm, I'd really like to be able to increase that to 50-60 or even more.

Why do you want that, you cannot see that far ahead can you? These injected aircraft wiil not be visible, unless you of course go plane spotting with View->Change View->Aircraft.

TCAS systems at Navigational Displays normally have a range limit of 40 nm too.

Nico

2 hours ago, warbirds said:

Thanks but the big question is will it generate without any errors?

The "errors" are just reminders that your AI aircarft package is not perfect. There is no need to repair these errors right away. Just continue and enjoy live traffic. 

I think I'll change the wording in VMRGenerator to warnings and change the colour to yellow, not to scare people.

Nico

5 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

In P3D I couldn't find a way to disable ground shadows, my personal plane shows ground shadows - and everything works. So I don't get the requirement for disabling shadows. Seems maybe that requirement is for FSX, not P3D.

It's in Options, Lighting. You have to deselect aircraft cast's shadows. Sorry, not at my PC right now. 

\Robert Hamlich/

AI aircraft shadows works fine in p3d with nearly all AI models these days, maybe only a couple that it may cause any issues.

As for the AI range option, yes pretty much for spotting only which is VERY common within the AI community.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Which P3D package do we download from IVAO? I can only see one dated 2012 on there website, is that the one or am I looking in the wrong place?

Cheers Rod. 

2 flights with a pmdg 737 and the autopilot went crazy at SID and STAR respectively, never happened before but just after using this beautiful program. May be a possible conflict with simconnect or anything else related to psxseecon traffic? 

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

14 minutes ago, purewater said:

Hi Kiek,

This software is awesome. And I've created 3 videos for sharing my experience.

Missing plane
https://youtu.be/fb0xm0xqVJs

Taxi/Takeoff
https://youtu.be/kYqpde2432M

Landing/Taxi/Takeoff
https://youtu.be/fzXxlPX1j_I

Hi Purewater,

Yes nice, especially the one about taxi/takeoff.

But do note that you should not unselect Disable PSX Traffic injection! (That is for people flying Aerowinx PSX with RealTraffic for PSX but not using PSXseeconTraffic).

Please read the Manual section 4.3: set the settings once and forget about them forever!

Nico

17 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

AI aircraft shadows works fine in p3d with nearly all AI models these days, maybe only a couple that it may cause any issues.

As for the AI range option, yes pretty much for spotting only which is VERY common within the AI community.

That aircaft shadow sentence is indeed meant for the (upcoming?) FSX version, I've crossed it out the Manual for the time being.

This tool is not meant for plane spotting, but for flying your plane with live aircraft around you. 

On 2/25/2017 at 5:05 PM, warbirds said:

Where do you get My Traffic Pro? SimMarket no longer carries it. 

Hasn't it been supercedeed by a new version?

Ok got it working with WoAI and it is great - but - I am losing fps with it on. I did an experiment like this; I opened P3D at a certain mid sized airport in the cockpit of the 747v3 and checked stationary (not moving view) at 34 fps average. I then activated the traffic software and got 11 planes in air and 16 parked and had an average fps rate of 29 thus losing 5fps at a mid sized airport. I would imagine a large airport would be more costly. 

Another small problem is that at small airports I am getting large airliners parked?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

On  the other hand I can see amazing uses for this. Image different folder for different eras. One for 50's aircraft, one for modern, one for 60's and so on. 

Or one for just using small airports, one for large, one for Europe, one for USA and so on. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

Ok got it working with WoAI and it is great - but - I am losing fps with it on. I did an experiment like this; I opened P3D at a certain mid sized airport in the cockpit of the 747v3 and checked stationary (not moving view) at 34 fps average. I then activated the traffic software and got 11 planes in air and 16 parked and had an average fps rate of 29 thus losing 5fps at a mid sized airport. I would imagine a large airport would be more costly. 

Another small problem is that at small airports I am getting large airliners parked?

Good to hear you got it running at last. About fps drop: that's strange, are you running all programs on (one) the P3D PC?