Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

I'm stumped on how to get the Parking features working ... no planes show up at any of the airports including the larger ones:-

1) I mainly fly the smaller airports so I set the minimum spaces to "5" but it won't retain that minimum and according to the log re-sets to the default of "10".   I click the save button just to make sure but no deal!

2) The ParkPos shows the airports I'm interested in with their parking data but no planes so I must be missing a switch?

22 minutes ago, kiek said:

download from FlightRadar24: negative, it gets its data from RealTraffic for PSX.

If you see wrong liveries it is because of mistakes in your own setup, probably wrong aircraft type codes for the parking positions in the LIME.txt airport file. The real traffic data that I get is  is real live data so there will not be any 747's or 787's in the data stream for LIME...

Regards,

Nico

Thanks for info Nico. Do you know where RealTraffic for PSX gets data from?

Edoardo Paulicelli

fsxnz1yr0.jpg

My fsx runs on: CPU:Corei7950@4.1Ghz (196*21) Mobo:Asus P6tDeluxeV2 RAM:Corsair 12Gb Video:Nvidia 580 GTX HDD:2 WD 130Gb + 1 Seagate barracuda 500Gb

Hi Nico,

it's me again.

I still have fps drops, I completely deinstalled MT6 (up to the planes), thus no interference from this possible anymore. Moreover, I downloaded and installed WOAI (the full lot - which was quite annoying given the automatic downloader doesn't seem to work on AVSIM anymore)

I made three sim starts at KSFO (FB + ORBX) static on runway 28R within short time.

No traffic; 30 fps (limited by monitor)

UT2 liveries ~25 fps

MT6 liveries ~22 fps

WOAI liveries ~20 fps

Given this is a networked installation your program itself virtually can't interfere. Thus I can only imagine it's the planes themselves. But do they really pose such a burden to a GTX 970? Of course I can raise fps by lifting the 4x SGSS, but this does apply to any usage/non-usage of Live Traffic.

I opted for UT2 livieries for now and KSFO is of course a pretty extreme environment, but I still don't understand what is going on. But shortly after takeoff I'm on the 30 anyway. And the 25 is okay as long as it's pretty smooth which it is.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

8 minutes ago, pmb said:

Hi Nico,

it's me again.

I still have fps drops, I completely deinstalled MT6 (up to the planes), thus no interference from this possible anymore. Moreover, I downloaded and installed WOAI (the full lot - which was quite annoying given the automatic downloader doesn't seem to work on AVSIM anymore)

I made three sim starts at KSFO (FB + ORBX) static on runway 28R within short time.

UT2 liveries ~25 fps

MT6 liveries ~22 fps

WOAI liveries ~20 fps

Given this is a networked installation your program itself virtually can't interfere. Thus I can only imagine it's the planes themselves. But do they really pose such a burden to a GTX 970? Of course I can raise fps by lifting the 4x SGSS, but this does apply to any usage/non-usage of Live Traffic.

I opted for UT2 livieries for now and KSFO is of course a pretty extreme environment, but I still don't understand what is going on. But shortly after takeoff I'm on the 30 anyway. And the 25 is okay as long as it's pretty smooth which it is.

Kind regards, Michael

Im certainly no expert just a long time simmer.....to me it stands to reason that injecting anything into the sim will make a loss in frames, be it ai traffic or clouds or airport scenery....to me it would be natural to see and expect lower frames....

now by how many will vary on the quality of the add on...

I use mt6,,,,i did use it normally with the traffic slider at about 10% just to add a bit of life to the sim.

now I use mt6 with the psxseecon prog.....yes its on a networked laptop running the progs and yes I get a very small drop in frames.

at the moment I fly in the good old USA and but on british times so luckily the traffics lighter.

BUT very happy with the psxseecon prog.

Andrew

1 hour ago, SubLogical said:

1) I mainly fly the smaller airports so I set the minimum spaces to "5" but it won't retain that minimum and according to the log re-sets to the default of "10".   I click the save button just to make sure but no deal!

2) The ParkPos shows the airports I'm interested in with their parking data but no planes so I must be missing a switch?

1) You probably forgot to Press Enter after typing a new value; see Manual, section 3.3.

2). Did you copy the parked folder contents to the parked folder of PSXseeconTraffic? Again, please consult the Manual, section 3.3, it is all in there.

Nico

4 hours ago, pmb said:

UT2 liveries ~25 fps

MT6 liveries ~22 fps

WOAI liveries ~20 fps

That seems about right.  I'm pretty sure WOAI still uses models from the FS9 SDK which definitely impacts performance.  A few FS9 aircraft by themselves probably won't be noticeable; but put enough of them in one place and the fps will take a hit.  Both UT2 and MT6 use models from the FSX/ESP SDK.

Thanks guys, for your opinions. Good to know things are not completrely out of control. I'll still look for improvements. The WOAI liveries actually look good, and I got the FSX versions, where I was given a choice, but it's well possible there are some left from the FS9 SDK (this was 2004...right?). On the other hand, I optimized the UT2 models via mipmapping some time ago which might have given them an additional boost.

BTW, the 20 fps using WOAI liveries are still flyable and quite smooth and not jerky, but of course close to the lower limit.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Guy's I've added the IVAO_MTL to P3D. Do I need to update my simobjects.cfg (in the ProgramData folder) to add them, just as I had to with MT6?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Many thanks for the prompt reply Nico ... you were embarrassingly right on both issues.  Many years ago when I was programming I always found the code easier to write than the instruction manual ... it was difficult to outwit the users ability to find the bugs :ampun:  

Now that I'm up and running it's time to convey compliments for your masterful effort  which is so generously passed along to the rest of us. I can't imagine a more enjoyable hobby that I lucked into as a Christmas present when Bruce Artwick was about to sell FS to Microsoft. 

All the best,

Ken  

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

Guy's I've added the IVAO_MTL to P3D. Do I need to update my simobjects.cfg (in the ProgramData folder) to add them, just as I had to with MT6?

I've gone ahead and added this to my simobjects.cfg.

Really impressive program.

I flew from KPSP to KSFO around dusk. I listened to live atc while working my way in between other planes landing. Then, after landing, sat at one of the taxiways watching/listening to live traffic taking off and landing.

It was just like the real thing and just as it would be while at airport watching traffic land and take off in real life.

It was fantastic with AS16, KSFO, live traffic, live ATC, and at dusk with the sky colors (envtex). Extremely immersive.

Well done Nico!

• Upvote 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

You are lucky to see taxiing aircraft.

On all european flights I've made, AI appears right after takeoff an disappears right after landing.

Just wonder if it's coming from procedure (ie. turn off tranponder at that time + 30 s buffer from PSX) or from ADS-B receiver locations.

Nico, did you ever think to continue "aircraft life" as a standard AI taxi path to gate when their ADS-B tracking data disappear after landing?

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

1 hour ago, roland_lfor said:

You are lucky to see taxiing aircraft.

On all european flights I've made, AI appears right after takeoff an disappears right after landing.

Nico, did you ever think to continue "aircraft life" as a standard AI taxi path to gate when their ADS-B tracking data disappear after landing?

Well then you have not yet been at EKCH, EDDF or EHAM to name a few.

No, I will not add "canned" ground traffic.  This program is about live traffic.

14 hours ago, Avirtualpilot said:

Thanks for info Nico. Do you know where RealTraffic for PSX gets data from?

No I don't. You may ask that question to the author of RealTraffic.

6 hours ago, JeffB said:

It was fantastic with AS16, KSFO, live traffic, live ATC, and at dusk with the sky colors (envtex). Extremely immersive.

Yep, fully agree. It's plane spotters heaven.

Kind regards, Michael

This looks fantastic!!

Would absolutely love to try this in FSX however it looks like it's only compatible with P3D for the moment

:(

Its crazy how much AI brings down FPS in FSX - even with small amounts.