Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

4 hours ago, BelgianTiger_2 said:

Hi gents!

First off all,congrats on making this great program!Just started to use it today and i find it greatly enhances my experience.I got a nice mix of IVAO_MTL and WOAI installed and my airports are packed with traffic :).

There is just one thing that didn't work out for me.When i did a small testflight from LOWW to EDDM.I had no parked aircraft in EDDM.I did fill in the Destination airport in the PSX program,but they didn't show.At LOWW i had plenty of parked aircraft.

So do i need to restart PSX or did i miss a setting?Kinda dull departing at a fully packed airport but arriving at a fully emty one ;).

Regards,

Steven

You probably forgot to press Enter after you had filled in your destination airport... See the Manual.

If you press Enter you will get a message at the bottom of the screen that either you filled in a wrong destination or what the new destination is.

Nico

P.S. You can edit the destination field, but somehow you have to signal PSXseeconTraffic that you are finished editing, that's where the Enter key comes in ;-)

Only once, and don't forget to copy the generated files to PSXSeecontraffic. Perhaps it's a good idea to rerun it when a new version becomes available.

Kind regards, Michael

Not sure exactly what you mean by copy to PSXSeecontraffic.  is it the cfg file or text document?

Kevin Humphryes

9 hours ago, kiek said:

You probably forgot to press Enter after you had filled in your destination airport... See the Manual.

If you press Enter you will get a message at the bottom of the screen that either you filled in a wrong destination or what the new destination is.

Nico

P.S. You can edit the destination field, but somehow you have to signal PSXseeconTraffic that you are finished editing, that's where the Enter key comes in ;-)

Jup,that did the trick!Thnx!

Got another question.While flying at night,the textures of my AI turn white.I've seen some threads saying that this is a texture mip map problem or something else,but i was wondering if there is a package where this is allready fixed.

Regards,

Steven

Steven Ghion

Belgian Virtual Tigers

tiger1m.jpg

Loving this program, although there are some wierd ground activity, but anyway I'm using Proatc and asume there is no atc program that controls livetraffic but I read that we should be listening to live atc? can somebody point me in right direction as to what live atc program I should be using that works with Proatc? 

Cheers Rod.

LAAP:

http://laap.atc.free.fr/

It's donationware and you download the links to your favorite  airports from Live ATC.net:

https://www.liveatc.net/feedmap/feedmap.html

The "weird" ground behavior  results from sim airports that are out of date. The other possibility is that there are multiple  3rd party versions of a airport that are installed and conflicting.

I think "weird ground activity" relates to how the radar picks up live traffic via ADS-B, if you look at a sight like flightradar24 you will see aircraft moving erratically, conversly that is how it is displayed in the sim.  

\Robert Hamlich/

Flightradar24 explains the weird ground activity, no multiple third party airport versions installed or out of date, or at least I hope not, thanks for the advise and links.

Cheers Rod.

This issue has also been discussed  in more detail further up in this thread. Aside from the problem of sim airports having incorrect geometry, ADS-B  has positional errors which increase when the aircraft is farther away from a ground-based receiver.

Dear Nico,

I am having a problem with the 5.0 version of VMRGenerator. It is probably my ignorance but I seem not to be able to solve it on my own …..

I downloaded a few liveries from the WoAI website and installed the models in my SimObject directory.

When starting VMRGenerator it begins searching for folders with AI aircraft, but nothing is found (?)

What am I doing wrong?

In previous versions of VMRGenerator I had to choose between a 32 and a 64 bit version. In the download package of the 5.0 version there is only one exe file (?)

I hope that you are able to put me on the right track because I really like your nifty program!

Thanks in advance for your help.

hartelijke groet,

Marco Bruno (NL)

6 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

Dear Nico,

I am having a problem with the 5.0 version of VMRGenerator. It is probably my ignorance but I seem not to be able to solve it on my own …..

I downloaded a few liveries from the WoAI website and installed the models in my SimObject directory.

When starting VMRGenerator it begins searching for folders with AI aircraft, but nothing is found (?)

What am I doing wrong?

In previous versions of VMRGenerator I had to choose between a 32 and a 64 bit version. In the download package of the 5.0 version there is only one exe file (?)

I hope that you are able to put me on the right track because I really like your nifty program!

Thanks in advance for your help.

hartelijke groet,

Marco Bruno (NL)

Hallo Marco,

There's indeed just one . exe file. It is the 32 bit version that runs on 32 and 64 bit Operating Systems. See the release notes why this change.

Could you post your VMRgenerator.log file so i could see what's wrong with your settings. Could you do that by posting a new thread in my forum My cockpit.org ?!  see my website for the link, because that's the place to be for questions.

Hartelijke groeten,

Nico

Hi, Kiek,
can I feedback a critical problem?
this software was published in a forum of private flight
over 50% persons (include me) click PSXseeconTraffic that it no any action
no error message, we follow installation guide even uninstall windows patch
install VC++, Run VMRGenerator copy "AI_liveries" ...etc
but it just not work, my platform is win7
maybe you need more beta tester and release a log in program when program unwork
tks

PS. I may not stay avsim many time, if you want to know more, please contact

caceymail@gmail.com

6 hours ago, cacey said:

Hi, Kiek,
can I feedback a critical problem?
this software was published in a forum of private flight
over 50% persons (include me) click PSXseeconTraffic that it no any action
no error message, we follow installation guide even uninstall windows patch
install VC++, Run VMRGenerator copy "AI_liveries" ...etc
but it just not work, my platform is win7
maybe you need more beta tester and release a log in program when program unwork
tks

PS. I may not stay avsim many time, if you want to know more, please contact

caceymail@gmail.com

Please use my forum at mycockit.org (link) if you are having question. This thread is becoming way too long.

Nico

Hi guys,

Please post your questions and comments about PSXseecontraffic in my  PSXseeconTraffic QandA Forum at MyCockpit.org. Give your post a clear title/subject.

Most topics have been posted there already, and there's a sticky FAQ thread, so it is a good source of information.

Search first before you post, please.

Thank you.

Nico

I have a really strange thing happening now where PSXseecon will no longer start.  I double checked my installed windows updates to make sure the KB3118401 has not been reinstalled but I don't see it in the list.  Anyone else have this issue?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000