Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

On 2017-5-13 at 8:01 PM, GSalden said:

It should be :

The developer does not own a Windows 7 machine and therefore is not able to fix this ....

Thank you Gerard, you are right.

Nico

On 2017-5-13 at 7:54 PM, MarkW said:

I wish this was payware so he would be motivated to fix to generate more sales. 

You better spend your money on upgrading to Win 10. 

At the moment I have several problems, which I tend to associate with PSXseeconTraffic software (although, of course, I'm not 100% sure):

1) First problem is not a problem, but rather a symptom - when my unpowered PMDG 777-300ER stays at GATE location with traffic enabled, it can begin to jump up and down sporadically. If I close PSXseeconTraffic then this jumping is gone. I use 80 miles as radius for ai and I use weather addon AS 16. The same happened to PMDG 747 V2 too, which I did not fly for a month now. This problems happens not every time, and makes absolutely no harm (although today, when it manifested, I had a tailstrike all of a sudden when doing rather usual takeoff, but it may be a coincedence).

2) Second one is a real problem - for some reason, when PSXseeconTraffic is active, something goes wrong and FMC data of PMDG 777-300ER breaks during long hauls. Usually it happens at the end of the long haul flight, although it happened at the middle too. Basically, after this event, part of FMC data is missing, and because of it VNAV mode is not available (also fuel quantities are screwed up, with negative value displayed for right fuel tank(s)). Most of my long haul flight are usually have traffic at the departure and at the arrival, with almost no traffic in mid section (with occasional plane or two).

Today I managed to catch this problem when I was present at controls (usually I fly long hauls while I'm at work), so I was able to shutdown PSXseeconTraffic and reload flight from 10 minutes prior, with FMS state not broken. Needless to say, flight ended without FMC data corruption (however, I had strange problem of plane teleporting onto the runway, which resulted in 600 fpm landing).

This problem occurs every PMDG 777 long haul flight when PSXseeconTraffic  is active, without any exceptions. I also fly short haul PMDG 737 NGX and BBC A320, and they seem not to be affected.

3) I do not experience this problem anymore, because I changed my normal procedures and start PSXseeconTraffic only after my aircraft is up and running, but previously, when I tried to start PMDG 777 using usual BATTERY ON + APU START sequence, sometimes, if PSXseeconTraffic was already running, it had no effect and no startup of PMDG 777 occured.

I don't know what you can do with this incoherent bits of information apart from being prepared to more similar requests after your amazing product will go out of beta. :)

However, if you want me to debug situation in more details, using some tools and scenarious provided by you - I will be glad to help you, because, frankly, I can't imagine flying without real traffic anymore.

49 minutes ago, Mitritch said:

At the moment I have several problems, which I tend to associate with PSXseeconTraffic software (although, of course, I'm not 100% sure):

1) First problem is not a problem, but rather a symptom - ....

2) Second one is a real problem - ....

3) ...

I don't know what you can do with this incoherent bits of information.

Hi Mitrich,

I'm sorry to hear you have problems.

However, I cannot imagine any relationship with PSXseeconTraffic. The only user aircraft related calls (via SimConnect) are a call for its title and type (see the log file), and  regular (read only) calls about the position of the user aircraft... These are the parameters that are being retrieved:  pitch,  bank, heading, altitude, latitude and longitude;

How could that possibly effect your FMC?

Maybe your user aircraft gets confused about the AI traffic around it? :-)

But that should be the same as with VATSIM/IVAO on-line traffic or with "canned" traffic from programs such as MT6, UT2 or UT "Live".... ??

Regards,

Nico

Nico,

I have not that issue with PSXseeconTraffic , but I have seen similar  issues caused when multiple  apps  collectively flood the SimConnect  channel. The only way that the user can resolve that problem is by examining the SimConnect  log file for errors and warnings.

Jay

13 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Nico,

I have not that issue with PSXseeconTraffic , but I have seen similar  issues caused when multiple  apps  collectively flood the SimConnect  channel. The only way that the user can resolve that problem is by examining the SimConnect  log file for errors and warnings.

Jay

Thank you for advice, I will try to learn about SimConnect logging and PMDG product logging as well.

25 minutes ago, kiek said:

Maybe your user aircraft gets confused about the AI traffic around it? :-)

Yeah, it may be this way. Or it may be other way round - problem of broken FMC data may somehow be related to addition and removal of AI traffic, which may affect internals of PMDG aircraft. Could you tell, how additions and removal of AI craft is handled by PSXseeconTraffic? What simconnect calls are used? Or you use FSUIPC for that? Anyway, I will study both posibilities - and will learn how to log simconnect calls and try to log PMDG product operation internals. Probably I will have more information after that.

Another good tip is to fly with other types of traffic, I will try it too.

You program is amazing, flying now without it for testing purposes and I feel so lonely in empty skies. :)

14 hours ago, kiek said:

You better spend your money on upgrading to Win 10. 

Like I said before, no point doing this on my current older system.  This will become my #2 computer once I build a new one with W10.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

19 hours ago, Mitritch said:

Could you tell, how additions and removal of AI craft is handled by PSXseeconTraffic? What simconnect calls are used? Or you use FSUIPC for that? 

I use these three SimConnect calls:

SimConnect_AICreateNonATCAircraft  (creation of AI aircraft)
SimConnect_SetDataOnSimObject      (for position updates, 30 times per second for each aircraft that is not standing still)
SimConnect_AIRemoveObject             (removal)

Regards,

Nico

• Upvote 1

Nico,

I have a (maybe a silly) remark:

I did not read yet the SimConnect_SetDataOnSimObject description, but I guess that if you send one time the aircraft attitude and speed vector to an AI, then the simulator keeps it's vector speed constant and you see the aircraft flying smoothly following a straight path.

Then let say an AI is in cruise flight, what is the interest of setting new vector data 30 times per second?

In my case (flying with low fps ~20) it makes all the AI's looking jaggy. They oscillates forward/backward along their path continuously, and I never saw that behavior with any other AI management software.

I understand that it's necessary to refresh vectors quite frequently when an AI is turning or changing its path, but (if I'm right) I think it's not necessary in most situations and could have 2 advantages:

• Save computer CPU load
  • Eliminates this jaggy behavior

Let me know what is you opinion :blush:

Thanks

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

anyone having an issue with RealTraffic not loading? I am assuming its the server as I tried navigating to this page https://secure.inside.ne/ and its down. I also tried pinging it on isitdown.com and same result. Could that be the reason its not starting?

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

9 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

Nico,

I have a (maybe a silly) remark:

I did not read yet the SimConnect_SetDataOnSimObject description, but I guess that if you send one time the aircraft attitude and speed vector to an AI, then the simulator keeps it's vector speed constant and you see the aircraft flying smoothly following a straight path.

You better have read the description...

There are no vectors. You set pitch, bank, alt heading, latitude and longitude. I "slew" AI aircraft through space, that's why I need an update frequency of at least 25 times per second.

35 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

I just read the documentation, and SIMCONNECT_DATA_INITPOSITION structure actually contains air speed and ground speed values ...

That's just for the initial position.

I am using non ATC aircraft, they do not work with flight plans. You have to move them yourself.

Because we are talking live traffic here, we cannot use flight plans, we use actual position data from the data stream of RealTraffic.

And I have never heard of -sofar- that my AI aircraft jump forwards and backwards, looking jaggy as you call it.

Can you tell more about that! What is your pc setup, what is your log telling, and so on. 

Preferably not here but in my official Forum.

Thx

Edited by kiek
Update

Any one that can help? Real Traffic is not starting after clicking it and reinstalling it both the program and java several times. I click it and it disappears. 

10 hours ago, warriorpilot said:

anyone having an issue with RealTraffic not loading? I am assuming its the server as I tried navigating to this page https://secure.inside.ne/ and its down. I also tried pinging it on isitdown.com and same result. Could that be the reason its not starting?

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight