Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your kind words. I cannot do anything about that indeed. Note that some what closer to your home country you could try Heathrow, traffic over there continues through the night.

I hope for you that you will find a way to fly during the day in your home country soon.

Regards,

Nico

17 minutes ago, Boomer said:

so, what traffic programs work with p3dv4?

That's not the topic of this thread.

But PSXseeconTraffic does.:biggrin:

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Agreed, it's certainly the one with the least performance impact, and I tried them all. 

It's got one little disadvantage, it's life:happy: Usually, I am only able to fly after 11 pm (locally), often later. That's a perfect time where KSFO. KLAX and the like are full of movement. However, most airports in my home country are about to be closed soon and getting dead, GA airfields long before. There's not much you can do about it - it's by design.

Despite, I love the program. Plus Nico's excellent support.

Kind regards, Michael

The only problem is that it completely dominates your life 😂 If I want to fly in the Pacific I have to do so In the (UK) morning, in the Americas then in the evening, otherwise I have to stick to Europe.

That aside, it's been a complete quantum jump for my simming. Nicely spaced aircraft on the approach, no goarounds except in real life, aircraft use the correct runways, aircraft taxi at a sensible speed, they don't take forever to line up and take off, other aircraft follow the exact same SID, STAR, routes that you are on, the list goes on...

• Upvote 1

Petraeus

Hmm, when I try to run the VMRgenerator it opens, but P3Dv4 is not checked, and it will not allow me to check it.

- Aaron

I am not home now but will check it when I am back June 4. Can you not fill in paths manually? Push the change button, edit the folder list and push the change button again. Or as a last resort edit VMRgenerator.cfg: 

Folder1=

and so on

Nico

Yes, I ended up doing just that after some more research. Actually got everything working despite the fact it doesn't auto-detect it.

Just started playing with it, but the first thing I noticed is that taxiing planes seem to do a bit of zig zagging along the taxiway, and sometimes off the taxiway entirely. Not sure if that is expected behavior. I did run the ParkPOSgenerator as well.

- Aaron

54 minutes ago, slait said:

Just started playing with it, but the first thing I noticed is that taxiing planes seem to do a bit of zig zagging along the taxiway, and sometimes off the taxiway entirely. Not sure if that is expected behavior. 

Yes that can happen. Your airport scenery might not have the taxiway at the right spot (note that PSXseeconTraffic works with real live positions) or it is caused by the fact that real traffic data comes irregular (not every 9 seconds) and my heuristic algorithms for positioning make it zig zag ing or cutting corners. It all depends on the availability and accuracy of the data of the aircraft transponder. In the air it is almost perfect, but at the ground you may see some strange goings on  every now and then.

You may also notice that some airlines + aircraft types perform much better than others. This is due to the version of their transponder. Airlines are currently in the process of replacing transponders to more accurate versions. So we might expect better performance in our Sim in the coming years, automatically (without me changing a bit)

Nico

I downloaded new version of VMRGenerator (5.7) and after running it, I have 15 airline ICAO codes missing from the internal database. 

Before, I would just edit ICAOAirlineCodes.txt, adding missing airlines on top of this file. How can I fix this situation now?

Missing airline ICAO codes:

BMS
CLU
CNM
EDV
GLF
HFM
LLX
MEV
MNU
OTF
QDA
RLH
SJO
SVB
VAW

Also, there is single ICAO aircraft code missing:

E75L

4 hours ago, Mitritch said:

Before, I would just edit ICAOAirlineCodes.txt, adding missing airlines on top of this file. How can I fix this situation now?

From the Manual: 

"If you find that a code is missing you can post that in either the vPilot Forum or my PSXseeconTraffic forum. Then I will add these in a next version."

You will find your codes in version 5.8. Thanks for your feedback.

Nico

I don't know, I don't have v4 yet.

However, this has nothing to do with PSXseeconTraffic. 

Kiek first of all thank you for PSXseecontraffic, it is amazing! I was just wondering if you had looked at positional error correcting. Like for traffic in close proximity to an airport, do a check to see if the expected track for a runway matches traffic in bound and perhaps from that work out an offset required.

The reason I ask this, is I have been using it now for awhile and there are quite a few cases where aircraft are taxing just 5m from the taxiway or just missing the runway by a few feet. It was something that crossed my mind whether these traffic could be interrogated to see if their position looks to be off and if so to correct it.

PSXseeconTraffic knows nothing of runway and taxiway positions...  It works with the real live positions of aircraft. If you see them off the centre line it is either caused by your scenery designer being not accurate enough or the data received from the transponder of the aircraft is not accurate enough. The latter occurs for aircraft with older transponders. Like I wrote before in this thread airlines are currently in a process of replacing transponders by newer more accurate versions.

Hi guys.

There is now also a 64 bit version of PSXseeconTraffic, to be used with Prepar3D v4.

It is compiled with the latest 64 bit SimConnect library of v4.

Regards,

Nico

• Upvote 2

On 6/18/2017 at 0:20 AM, kiek said:

PSXseeconTraffic knows nothing of runway and taxiway positions...  It works with the real live positions of aircraft. If you see them off the centre line it is either caused by your scenery designer being not accurate enough or the data received from the transponder of the aircraft is not accurate enough. The latter occurs for aircraft with older transponders. Like I wrote before in this thread airlines are currently in a process of replacing transponders by newer more accurate versions.

Could it be possible to add the functionality to manually specify an area around problematic airports with x and y offsets in that area (and even z offset)? The small jump of an aircraft in the air when entering this "area" is probably less disturbing than aircrafts taxing around in the grassy areas around the runways/taxiways.