Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

2 hours ago, kiek said:

Be careful, WoAI has lots of aircraft that do not work in P3D v4 (while they are FS9 based) .... I recommend to use FSPXAI and FAIP models. Or wait for commercial packages that have been converted for P3D v4.

Ok cheers for the advice Kiek.  Looking at UT Live at the mo, at it appears to be updated and of course your live product.   Can't fly until Thurs, but lucking forward to getting this all setup. 

Out of interest, if I use a ATC package like ProATC/X  would that pick up the live traffic from this program, so I could hear them in sim.  

Granted i apprecaite it wouldn't be the real audio, but would it would be nice to have some  sort of ATC with the aircraft flying about.

Cowboy10uk

ProATC will not pick live traffic up of course while these pilots are controlled by real live atc. 

However, in a lot of countries you can listen to that live atc. You only have to take the 30 seconds difference into account.

For Prepar3D v4 users you might want to consider using the AI models from MyTraffic as they are known to work and supported in P3D v4.  When combined with some work in editing the AI_liveries.txt, I have been able to obtain 90% model matching at the airports I fly out of.  

Hi dgeddesjr,

You should not edit the AI_liveries.txt file while it is a computer generated intermediate file. Make your changes to your aircraft.cfg files instead.

Nico

7 hours ago, kiek said:

Hi dgeddesjr,

You should not edit the AI_liveries.txt file while it is a computer generated intermediate file. Make your changes to your aircraft.cfg files instead.

Nico

Exactly how am I to edit them?  What changes do I need to make?  The AI_Liveries.txt format is quite straightforward and easy to figure out.  VMRGenerator only tells me that a specific aircraft.cfg has an invalid aircraft code.  There is no guidance as to what I should change in the aircraft.cfg so that VMRGenerator will be happy with it.  

No guidance? In the VMRGenerator Manual and in the PSXseecontraffic Manual you can find exactly what items of an aircraft.cfg file are used.

Editing an intermediate file is not a very wise thing to do, what if I change its format in the future ...

It is also prone to errors, it is not guaranteed that your changes reflect the reality in your Sim.

Is there any alternative for this program, since I use W7?

Thanks

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

Cool! Thanks Vincent! Although this one does not have ground traffic

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

12 hours ago, kiek said:

Hi guys,

Version 6.2 has been released, here are the Release Notes.

Visit my website for download information.

Regards,

Nico Kaan

Nico, some great advances in this update, many thanks for your continued hard work. Your app is the best.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Very well done Nico :gaul:

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Looks like I will be getting my hands on a Windows 10 laptop so I can get back in the game with PSXseecon.  By the way in the release notes from July 8th you state:

PSXseeconTrafficX.exe is the 32 bit application to be used with the Aerowinx PSX with FSX or P3D (v3 or v4). PSXseeconTraffic64X.exe is the 64 bit application to be used the Aerowinx PSX with Prepar3D v4 only!  .  I am assuming that this means use the 64 bit version without the X for P3D v4.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

59 minutes ago, MarkW said:

By the way in the release notes from July 8th you state:

PSXseeconTrafficX.exe is the 32 bit application to be used with the Aerowinx PSX with FSX or P3D (v3 or v4). PSXseeconTraffic64X.exe is the 64 bit application to be used the Aerowinx PSX with Prepar3D v4 only!  .  I am assuming that this means use the 64 bit version without the X for P3D v4.

Hello Mark,

You quoted the wrong alinea. While you are not an Aerowinx PSX user, this is the alinea for you:

"PSXseeconTraffic.exe is the 32 bit application to be used with any user aircraft in FSX or P3D(v3 or v4). PSXseeconTraffic64.exe is the 64 bit application to be used with any user aircraft in Prepar3D v4 only!"

You can use both versions for Prepar3D v4. However, I recommend to use the more efficient 64 bit version: PSXseecon64.exe.

Regards,

Nico