Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

$59.99, yer that's some price increase for sure.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

My present license should run some time into the future yet. Unfortunately, the new price will drop me out of the game. I avoid subscriptions like hell wherever possible, RealTraffic was an excpetion as it was cheap and well worth the price, but I am definitely not going to pay 60 $/year. 

Very sorry for your wonderful program and all your effort. :angry: Maybe there is an alternative server available somewhere providing the data? 

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

10 minutes ago, pmb said:

My present license should run some time into the future yet. Unfortunately, the new price will drop me out of the game. I avoid subscriptions like hell wherever possible, RealTraffic was an excpetion as it was cheap and well worth the price, but I am definitely not going to pay 60 $/year. 

Very sorry for your wonderful program and all your effort. :angry: Maybe there is an alternative server available somewhere providing the data? 

Kind regards, Michael

same for me. This new pricing is a no go for me.

Carsten U

Same here. At $9.99/year, the features worth the price. But for my personnal usage, $59.99/year is over priced. The product development and fees to access data (maybe the reason for the increase) may worth $60 but I'm not the target for this market.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

I will continue, I could not fly now without it.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

4 hours ago, pmb said:

Maybe there is an alternative server available somewhere providing the data? 

There is, RadarBox24 for instance, but they charge twice the new price of RealTraffic ...

I guess that I don't really understand how Lorby did live traffic as freeware.

That's me out as well. I enjoyed your program immensely but a 600% increase in subscription is extortion. 

I can see your program dying a slow painful death.

1 hour ago, Dean_EGTC said:

I can see your program dying a slow painful death.

How dramatically put ;-) 

At least I will continue to use PSXseeconTraffic. I made it available to the FlightSim community for free,  but if you don't like it, no problem.

Nico

On the contrary Nico.  I have already stated in more than one reply in this thread, how much I enjoy PSXseecon Traffic.  I commend you on your philanthropic approach to software publishing, however, unless i'm missing something, FSXseeconTraffic relies wholly on the injection of traffic supplied by RealTraffic. 

If the core function of my software had suddenly found itself six times more expensive to run I'd be more than a little concerned ...

I do wish you the very best and I shall continue to use PSXseeconTraffic every P3D flight until my license expires.

Nico, I really hope you can find another data provider for your excellent program.

$60 a year is a bit too pricey. Plus we could face more large increases in subsequent years, and/or see "enhancements" such as the modular pricing of data by region.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

52 minutes ago, nandrou said:

Nico, I really hope you can find another data provider for your excellent program

I am not searching for another while RealTraffic is still by far the cheapest...

23 minutes ago, kiek said:

I am not searching for another while RealTraffic is still by far the cheapest...

Lorby's freeware  Live Traffic uses ADS-B exchange, which is also free, but not as reliable as other ADS-B data sources.

https://www.adsbexchange.com/

Maybe you could get together with him (Oliver Binder) and combine your resources to maintain a unified live traffic app. 

1 hour ago, nandrou said:

Plus we could face more large increases in subsequent years, and/or see "enhancements" such as the modular pricing of data by region.

Yes indeed, or PSXseeconTraffic becoming payware ... ;-) :-)

IMO you better enjoy RealTraffic/PSXseeconTraffic instead of worrying about what the future might bring.

23 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Lorby's freeware  Live Traffic uses ADS-B exchange, which is also free, but not as reliable as other ADS-B data sources.

https://www.adsbexchange.com/ 

Thanks for your ideas.

IMO you cannot compare the programs you mention with the functionality provided by RealTraffic/PSXseeconTraffic. I'm not going to put a lot of effort in trying to interface to other sources. It's -also for me!- now time to fly a lot in P3Dv4 with real live traffic.

• Upvote 2