Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

Now all is working apart some cargo at gate even after create the parking file for EHAM do you now how can we edit so no fright at gate?

By the way if you also think to implement this in euroscope could be really interesting for amatory atc controller, I do control on  Vatsim as approach but having this utility with Live ATC. could be really immersive and also a good training tool.

http://www.euroscope.hu/

Cargo planes: I cannot distinguish between a cargo version and a passenger version of a plane, they have the same Aircraft type code. 

Euroscope: negative, controlling is not my hobby.

Nico

Thank you for your help, for euroscope it was just an Idea as we can use sim (FSX,P3D) platform to visualize vatsim traffic in multiplayer in connection with euroscope so I thought we can do the opposite.

I was imagine that we can use euroscope to see real traffic and even listen to live ATC to have a spectacular realtime of our preferred airport or controlled space like airnavsystems and even record it for future visualize.

Your Idea can have a huge impact for our hobby so thank you, is just a matter on how to combine the tools. :wink:

is anyone elce getting a VAS hit i am getting a big hit with 777 in NYC and AS16 

No. Must be your end.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well, I feel like I just discovered plutonium.  After countless "create restore points", windows updates, restarts, etc. I have found one Windows update that causes PSXseecon to not start in Windows 7.  Remove it and it starts up no problem.  Just need someone else to test on their machine.

The bad boy you are looking for is KB3118401.  853 kb of traffic killing bits and bytes.  This is an update to the C++ Runtime library.

• Upvote 3

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Test #1 (UT2):

Sliders set to 80%.

FPS: 24-28

VAS: 3,457,516

Slew Mode: 2,000 ft looking down: FPS: 25-27 VAS: 3,458,356

Test #2: (MT6):

Sliders: 30% Airliners, 25% GA

FPS: 22-23

VAS: 3,645,004

Slew Mode: 2,000 ft looking down: FPS: 25-28 VAS: 3,656,720

Test #3 (PSX)

Sliders: 60% Parking (About 28 parked at this time)

FPS: 31-35

VAS: 3,390,784

Slew Mode: 2,000 ft looking down: FPS: 41-44 VAS: 3,473,520

So - at least for me, there is a dramatic improvement in frame rates and VAS using this utility to inject your traffic. Granted I did see some of the bugs others saw, again based on the data it's receiving. Maybe there's a way to smooth out the data somehow so there isn't stop and go taxiing, with dramatic movements? Anything I saw in the air was simply flawless!

Comparing them like this is not an accurate method at all! The performance differences come down to how many aircraft are being drawn and tracked within your particular bubble depending on the program. MyT being BGL based is approx a 90nm radius around your aircraft. UT2 is about half that and with the Live Traffic, it's approx 40nm with not nearly as much traffic on the ground as the other 2 options.

For instance, in your example. MyTraffic is by far the least realistic in it's traffic depiction and may have been drawing/following between 200 and 400 hundred aircraft, whereas UT2 was maybe 50-80 that amount. The gains in FPS and decrease in VAS you saw from real traffic was due it drawing only a fraction albeit more realistic rendition of the airborne traffic.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Well, I feel like I just discovered plutonium.  After countless "create restore points", windows updates, restarts, etc. I have found one Windows update that causes PSXseecon to not start in Windows 7.  Remove it and it starts up no problem.  Just need someone else to test on their machine.

The bad boy you are looking for is KB3118401.  853 kb of traffic killing bits and bytes.  This is an update to the C++ Runtime library.

You, Sir, are a GOD!!!

I uninstalled KB3118401, and voila, PSXseecon started up!!

OK...now I have to see if it actually connects and works now.  Have never gotten this far!!

Mark, I'll buy you a beer next time I head to the Big Smoke!!  lol!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Hey for some reasons i have started losing some performance i have uploaded a short video sorry for the low quality on average is about fps and that's with Titan X.

Anybody has the same issue?

https://vid.me/MPbw

Niko please let me know.

You, Sir, are a GOD!!!

I uninstalled KB3118401, and voila, PSXseecon started up!!

OK...now I have to see if it actually connects and works now.  Have never gotten this far!!

Mark, I'll buy you a beer next time I head to the Big Smoke!!  lol!

Wow so cool that it works for you. That beer is looking good!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Comparing them like this is not an accurate method at all! The performance differences come down to how many aircraft are being drawn and tracked within your particular bubble depending on the program. MyT being BGL based is approx a 90nm radius around your aircraft. UT2 is about half that and with the Live Traffic, it's approx 40nm with not nearly as much traffic on the ground as the other 2 options.

For instance, in your example. MyTraffic is by far the least realistic in it's traffic depiction and may have been drawing/following between 200 and 400 hundred aircraft, whereas UT2 was maybe 50-80 that amount. The gains in FPS and decrease in VAS you saw from real traffic was due it drawing only a fraction albeit more realistic rendition of the airborne traffic.

I Agree.  Certainly not the best method but it gave me a base idea of what is going on.  MT seems to bring in just way too many aircraft and at great distances that are unnecessary bringing down performance.  UT is definitely better on that it seems which lines up with your post.  All in all im very impressed with the live traffic as its yielded the best performance combined with a very active airport.  Granted I did see some strange behaviors as there was at least one kamikaze jet blue flight, but I can certainly deal with that.

Side question: The new ParkingPosGenerator doesn't seem to honor the percentage parked options in 1.5.  In 1.4 this seemed to work without issue.  However both 1.4 and 1.5 seem to only pick up a handful of airports when it searches and I can't really figure out why.  I also have to add the addon airport folders to the list of searchable directories even though they are under the root p3d dir.  For some reason the recursive search doesn't appear to work.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Sorry but I've looked and probably missed it but how do I download a new version? I mean I started of at V5.0 and have just been updating with the minor update (exe) but should I have been down loading the full version updates instead which I believe is V5.5 now? By the way, great program.

Cheers Rod.

Great, thanks a lot Mark!

I'm going to test it tonight.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Well done Mark!

Thanks a lot.

Nico

I really think this is a great program and wish I could use it. I recently visited Chicago and on the drive back home passing O'Hare at night on the freeway I was amazed at the Christmas tree effect of airplane lights in the sky lining up to land. I can only imagine what this software would do for that in P3D.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I really think this is a great program and wish I could use it. I recently visited Chicago and on the drive back home passing O'Hare at night on the freeway I was amazed at the Christmas tree effect of airplane lights in the sky lining up to land. I can only imagine what this software would do for that in P3D.

From the little I've used it - it does just that :)

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals