Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

What would be nice is if the app could look at some past history and see what had landed there during the last, say, 4 hours and hadn't departed.  It could put those aircraft at gates. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

6 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

What would be nice is if the app could look at some past history and see what had landed there during the last, say, 4 hours and hadn't departed.  It could put those aircraft at gates. 

There is no history available, so your (good) idea is not easy to implement, I'm afraid.

However, put percentage_parked=0 in your airport file. Start PSXseeconTraffic, wait 4 hours and you will have what you want, and at the right gates too, if and only if transponders are on while taxiing at that airport.

Nico

I've noticed that the program still runs even though I had mistakenly left on my FTX NA GA traffic- is this the case now? Can I run the GA AI-traffic which covers some of the more out of the way airports, along side PSXseecon?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

7 hours ago, kiek said:

There is no history available, so your (good) idea is not easy to implement, I'm afraid.

However, put percentage_parked=0 in your airport file. Start PSXseeconTraffic, wait 4 hours and you will have what you want, and at the right gates too, if and only if transponders are on while taxiing at that airport.

Yeah, I figured that.  The only way I could imagine it is if you had control of the traffic server app and requested it from the live traffic server.  Open-sky has a limit of one hour in the past.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I can't get 5.17 to recognise EGAC as an additional airport. The AdditionalAirports file in the main folder says:

; Additional airports  
;
; March 20, 2017
;
; One airport per line: ICAO airport code,latitude,longitude
; an ICAO code is always 4 upper case letters
; latitude and longitude in decimal format with (preferably) 6 decimals
; like this:EHAM,52.308613,4.763889
;
; Blank lines or lines starting with ; will be ignored

; Add yours below:

EGAC,54.616744;-5.869441

Am I missing something?

Petraeus

.... latitude and longitude in decimal format with (preferably) 6 decimals
; like this:EHAM,52.308613,4.763889

EGAC,54.616744;-5.869441

You used a semicolon instead of a comma.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

5 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

You used a semicolon instead of a comma.

Many thanks, Søren, that was the problem.

As a former computer programmer, I used to spot that sort of thing all the time. Obviously losing my touch :s_bgt:

Petraeus

Nico, I've been working on customizing my local area with some success by adding smaller operators into my  AI_liveries.txt but would also like to be able to add specific civil registrations or say 2 letter company idents as how they show up in FR24 etc.  Adding the more common three letter idents works great, but with 2 the program injects just use a generic livery. Any insight to adding more custom idents to the AI_liveries.txt?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hi Dave,

PSXseeconTraffic recognises a few 2 letter airline codes, mainly of major operators. It cannot support the whole world of smaller operators... 

A good alternative for you is to put the Registration code in the atc_id= line of the aircraft.cfg file. The livery will be matched based on that code.

Nico

11 hours ago, kiek said:

A good alternative for you is to put the Registration code in the atc_id= line of the aircraft.cfg file. The livery will be matched based on that code.

Excellent! Thank you, I'll try that out and see how it goes.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hi Nico, great app. really enjoying it. Ive noticed that when running the ParkPos generator it is no creating parking positions for some airports from the default bgl's. KSFO and KOAK for example. I believe I have the Generator pointing to the correct files as it is creating 2785 airports. I have the generator set to 1 parking positions and 35% Percentage_Parked. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Hi Nico, great app. really enjoying it. Ive noticed that when running the ParkPos generator it is no creating parking positions for some airports from the default bgl's. KSFO and KOAK for example. I believe I have the Generator pointing to the correct files as it is creating 2785 airports. I have the generator set to 1 parking positions and 35% Percentage_Parked. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The ParkPosgenerator is not yet finished. It cannot handle complex .bgl files with multiple (stock) airports. It is on my to-do list.

Is it normal to get bigger frame drops when using static parked aircraft?

Fo example

With just live traffic at AS EDDF i get 30-40 Fps

And with 35% parked 20-25 FPS

I use custom freeware traffic (AIG, FAIB, TFS, ect.)

Thanks

33 minutes ago, kiek said:

The ParkPosgenerator is not yet finished. It cannot handle complex .bgl files with multiple (stock) airports. It is on my to-do list.

Thank Nico. Ive found if I add an updated AFCAD to the "Addon" folders and run the generator, I can create them Thanks again. Not a big issue.

Hi KIEK, thanks for all the work  just noticed your release notes for both the VRMgenerator and the PSX  program show the notes for the VRM generator on both your pages