Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

Hello all,

I'm trying to get this up and running on my win 10 64bit machine.  I followed the instructions but I'm only seeing 2 aircraft at flightbeam KIAD.  I'm using ai via UT2 and have disabled UT2 from loading via the exe.xml. I also have ai traffic set to 0 in the sim.   Is there any thing you can think of as to why I'm not seeing more?

Btw, just using the 10 min demo of real traffic to test it out before purchasing

Thanks

Hi Bill,

Check the PSXseecon settings which you will find in the manual on page 10.

\Robert Hamlich/

thanks, I got it to work.  the issue is I needed to create a parking file for KIAD.  I like how it gives tons of parked aircraft  however, the ground taxing issue seems to be a big issue for me. (i.e. planes going through buildings, taking off in the grass, etc.  I guess you really can't fix that issue when it's all based on real traffic.

Still, a great effort and awesome idea!

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll

Nico

Hi Nico,

I can confirm that I do have this .dll

Thanks for trying.  I know you're only doing this as a hobby.  Much appreciated.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I've been skipping around the globe today, and I find that there is hardly any perfect airports in P3D (concerning the locations of parking spots taxiways, etc., even with payware airports) when you find a good one considering parking spots, live traffic lands in a field to the right or left. You just have to take all that with a big grain of salt. It's no fault of PSXsee..  It is fun to see, but gee... it's just plain wierd when you get right down to it.

I would in the end just say, for me, it was worth the price of admission.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

A couple points that the developer has already made need to be reiterated. First, after one runs the parking utility, one needs to assign airlines codes to gates in the parking text file. This is because the default airports in P3d do not have gates with the correct airline parking codes. Without such updates, one will see anomalous airlines at airports. Second, the larger default airports also do not for the most part, have enough gates of the right type to accommodate today's aircraft and traffic levels. That's why MyT 6 has updated versions of airports and all recent 3rd party payware airports also possess such improvements.

Further, many of the default airports have outdated taxiway networks and in some cases even the wrong runways. One can't expect real airplanes to cope with archaic geometry.

If everybody got themselves the little  ADB receivers (Ebay for $10) and made or bought the little antennas then hooked into your internet..... Flightradar24 could put you into their receiver network and we would all get better more accurate positioning especially those that are close to airports or are in mountainous areas...  maybe the planes would land, taxi and depart a bit more accurately.

I think at airports the signal range is drastically reduced between the buildings and maybe also if the ADB is on the belly of the plane.

Check with Flightradar24 for proper advice....  I've heard they sometimes help people get set up, especially if they live in poor coverage areas.

aero

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

I've been skipping around the globe today, and I find that there is hardly any perfect airports in P3D (concerning the locations of parking spots taxiways, etc., even with payware airports) when you find a good one considering parking spots, live traffic lands in a field to the right or left. You just have to take all that with a big grain of salt. It's no fault of PSXsee..  It is fun to see, but gee... it's just plain wierd when you get right down to it.

I would in the end just say, for me, it was worth the price of admission.

Indeed, now you see that what scenery developers make is not always very accurate.. Runways misaligned and even if they are algned  often the runway exits are not at the right position, so you see aircraft leaving the runway through the grass. Remember, if you see just one aircraft leaving the runway through the grass it is probably a data error in RealTraffic, if you continuously see aircraft leaving through the grass it is a scenery error.

However, there are also perfect airports, good example are EKCH and EHAM of FlyTampa. 

Nico

Guest Mik75

I updated the IVAO MTL yesterday, because obviously there were many liveries and even models missing, and after doing so, and replacing the AI_liveries.txt with the new one, I only see generic manufacturer liveries ("Bombardier CRJ 200", "Boeing 737-700", "Airbus 340-300", etc.)

What have I done wrong?

What I noticed with the ParkingPosGenerator, it is difficult for FSDT airports to create correct airport.txt. FSDT has named most park positions as Ramp_GA, no medium, small or large. They define the size over the radius of the position, not the category. Is it possible to consider this in the ParkPosGenerator?

Greetings Andrew Bowler

What I noticed with the ParkingPosGenerator, it is difficult for FSDT airports to create correct airport.txt. FSDT has named most park positions as Ramp_GA, no medium, small or large. They define the size over the radius of the position, not the category. Is it possible to consider this in the ParkPosGenerator?

If nothing has been specified all kinds of GA aircraft will apear...

ParkPosGenerator reads the Afcad as the developer has created it.

You can use ADE or AFX to add medium/small/large to the parking spots.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

What's nice about this program is that the aircraft stay on correctly planned tracks/flightplans over oceanic areas. (UT2 disappears over oceans, normal generic AI plans follow simple great circle routes without modifications like AISIDSTAR). 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

If nothing has been specified all kinds of GA aircraft will apear...

ParkPosGenerator reads the Afcad as the developer has created it.

You can use ADE or AFX to add medium/small/large to the parking spots.

Ah ok - thanks.

May it is quite faster and easier to edit the specific airport.txt in the parked-folder.

Greetings Andrew Bowler

Hi guys,

I've release a new version 5.2 beta:

Parked AI aircraft have now engines off, so not producing any sounds.
AI throttles cut (idle) at ground and full at take-off and in the air. 
I have put bars around the input text boxes for destination airport and percentage, so it is easier to see where to put the cursor and type.
You can now also only download PSXseeconTraffic.exe from my website (for minor versions).

Nico

All I want for Christmas ..... is for parked aircraft to be OFF instead of full tilt.   :P   Then I'll be quite happy with the software.   Great piece of work!

Well, you don't have to wait for Christmas, it is fixed in 5.2

Hi guys,

I've release a new version 5.2 beta:

Parked AI aircraft have now engines off, so not producing any sounds.
AI throttles cut (idle) at ground and full at take-off and in the air. 
I have put bars around the input text boxes for destination airport and percentage, so it is easier to see where to put the cursor and type.
You can now also only download PSXseeconTraffic.exe from my website (for minor versions).

Nico

Well, you don't have to wait for Christmas, it is fixed in 5.2

Thanks for the update great tool Nico :-)

But ubfortunately no traffic movement a lot of aircraft parked....

(Traffic movement is a problem at EHAM(FT EHAM) tested at KSFO and all is fine generated via the parkingposgenerator)...

Something wrong with Schiphol going to test with the supplied txt file

André