Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

I sure wish this had an installer or was plug and play because I really don't think I could get my head wrapped around the complexities of installation. 

From what I understand so far;

It needs two other software items

-A generator of some kind

- An AI plane program with a thousand or so liveries

It needs two computers for proper use (better fps)

It needs you to read and understand over 400 postings

It needs someone much smarter than me to install and get it working

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I sure wish this had an installer or was plug and play because I really don't think I could get my head wrapped around the complexities of installation. 

From what I understand so far;

It needs two other software items

-A generator of some kind

- An AI plane program with a thousand or so liveries

It needs two computers for proper use (better fps)

It needs you to read and understand over 400 postings

It needs someone much smarter than me to install and get it working

Hi Paul,

Note that this is a public beta version. You better wait till it is final.

Nico

This looks like you have a Simconnect problem. Make sure you have configured SimConnect as it should, Manual section 3.2

Mmm when i change the port number to 501 it does work. Can I do this without any unwanted side effects?

BTW thanks for your help and the great program.

Marcel

Many congratulations on your great app, it is incredible to be able to fly with real traffic. Wanted to make a question, is possible using some program atc (proatcx, rc4, atc by default p3d) next to this application

Thanks a lot

Many congratulations on your great app, it is incredible to be able to fly with real traffic. Wanted to make a question, is possible using some program atc (proatcx, rc4, atc by default p3d) next to this application

Thanks a lot

If I'm not mistaken, most, if not all, of these ATC programs use FSUIPC's traffic table, or a traffic table of some sort, to "see" traffic (pretty sure RC4 does that).  The only way would be that FSUIPC would have to be able to read the injected traffic into it's traffic tables.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I really like this program. It may have already been discussed, but how do you determine which runway is actually being used for takeoff and landing? I'm not always seeing planes use the runways...

I normally press SHIFT Z to display the wind direction and speed...but, I know this is not always accurate when determining the actual runways used...

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Just looking at various airports, it seems in Toronto I cannot see any planes parked at the gate.  I have run the Parking program and copied over the files but still 0 Parked.  I see aircraft taxiing, landing, takeoff.  Any reason why?  At other airports, especiallly in Europe seem to be lots of aircraft at the gate.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I have lots of parked traffic at toronto the flytampa version  make sure you add it in a serperate line in the parking generator, my problem is with flytampa montreal and fsdt vancouver  no parked traffic. I might have to manually edit the files.  all sim addons airports work great for parked 

I have lots of parked traffic at toronto the flytampa version  make sure you add it in a serperate line in the parking generator, my problem is with flytampa montreal and fsdt vancouver  no parked traffic. I might have to manually edit the files.  all sim addons airports work great for parked 

What is the line you have to add?

BTW, anyone who wished to use this on Vatsim, if you turn the Vatsim traffic to zero in vPilot then it works (at EGLL parked, watching live traffic and listening to controllers).  I would just suggest to use this hack wisely and only at airports with very little traffic...no need to ruin the session for other pilots by bumping into them while on the ground.

nevermind, somehow the parking file did not get generated the first time, ran again and copied over, call perfect now!.....well except for an Air Canada 747 which does not exist anymore but that is very minor.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Just looking at various airports, it seems in Toronto I cannot see any planes parked at the gate. I have run the Parking program and copied over the files but still 0 Parked. I see aircraft taxiing, landing, takeoff. Any reason why? At other airports, especiallly in Europe seem to be lots of aircraft at the gate.

Hello mark,

You have to add parked traffic.txt file, that  include afcad information needed to display parked traffic, and  copy it into parked sub directory

into PSXseecontraffic main directory. Some afcad files are missing in that folder, hence you don't see parked traffic in those locations.

Thanking you,

best regards.

Aftab

AFTAB HINGORO

BTW, anyone who wished to use this on Vatsim, if you turn the Vatsim traffic to zero in vPilot then it works (at EGLL parked, watching live traffic and listening to controllers).  I would just suggest to use this hack wisely and only at airports with very little traffic...no need to ruin the session for other pilots by bumping into them while on the ground.

Thanks for this... please advise how you turn VATSIM traffic to zero in vPilot.  I always thought vPilot was 100% VATSIM traffic.  :Confused:

WAT1460.png

Thanks for this... please advise how you turn VATSIM traffic to zero in vPilot.  I always thought vPilot was 100% VATSIM traffic.  :Confused:

Settings -> Performance -> Maximum Aircraft to Display = 0

Just tried FT CYUL and works perfectly.  Must be an issue with your parking file

Mark W   CYYZ      

Tried this out today and works like a charm :smile:

I remember I was involved in a discussion some 10 years ago how cool it would be if there was a way to inject real traffic in real time and now it's here.

I mainly fly online on Vatsim and I do like to have the rather realistic ATC provided on Vatsim but this will certainly be an alternative when you feel like just doing a flight and still have lots of realistic traffic around you instead of the stupid default AI traffic.

Super thanks for all the hard work you put into this Nico, very nice work and much appreciated!!

...and edited to add that using this live traffic in combination with a pair of VR glasses and the FlyInside software you'll probably not be able to get much closer to the real thing in front of your PC. Having the sensation of actually being inside the cockpit of your own B738 flying her in the company of the real guys out there...now how cool is that...!!!

...and edited again since I realize I maybe should back out from saying stupid default AI traffic considering using this kind of traffic albeit real and live will be a bit like flying surrounded by pilots being blind-folded and squawking 7600...you better keep your distance ;)

Richard Åsberg

I have ut2, so if i would copy my ut2 simobjects folder to a different drive outside of p3d and then use the generator. To install the textures

I then csn proceed to delete ut2?

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

Mike