Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

7 hours ago, pmb said:

I tried UT2 today and noticed less fps hit compared to MT6, While MT6 drew fps from 30 to 22 I now get 25. BTW, I don't see any stutters (after initial loading of the planes), but this is running in a networked installation.

WOAI may be worth a try - but isn't the installation a real mess?

After all I am VERY pleased how well this works.

Kind regards, Michael

Did you completely uninstall your MT6 and UT2 packages (except for the AI liveries of course)? 

In a networked setup one should not see such big drops in FPS, so maybe that these other programs  -although not producing traffic -, are still consuming CPU cycle's.

Nico

1 hour ago, kiek said:

Did you completely uninstall your MT6 and UT2 packages (except for the AI liveries of course)? 

In a networked setup one should not see such big drops in FPS, so maybe that these other programs  -although not producing traffic -, are still consuming CPU cycle's.

Nico

I don't have UT2 installed at this time, I only use the planes (in a mipmapped version) I had saved from a former installation. However, MT6 is still installed. Its simobjects entry is deactivated while using the UT2 planes, which I am doing right now, and traffic settings in Prepar3d are at 0% as required, but it's still installed. I just wanted to keep it as a backup in case I want to go back.

Given I'll most certainly not go back I will deinstall it, though. I'll let you know the result. Your program will certainly not eat away CPU cycles on the FS machine when installed on the laptop. Maybe, it's just the display load of the planes themselves, as some others commented? 

I might also try the WOA route although I am hesitant because of the effort of installation.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

22 minutes ago, pmb said:

Maybe, it's just the display load of the planes themselves, as some others commented? 

I might also try the WOA route although I am hesitant because of the effort of installation.

Tips: Always use AI aircraft, not flyable aircraft (dont specify the \Simobjects\airplanes folder in VMR Generator!) and don't use the FSUIPC traffic limiter.

WoAI liveries are my favourite. Note that I have installed 4 packages in P3D,  with this priority in VMRGenerator: 1. WoAI, 2. IVAO_MTL, 3. UT2, 4 MyTraffic 6

Installation of WoAI is not that difficult, just take the latest packages of Airlines that you frequently see at your home airport. Use the WoAI installer. It is a very old program but still works fine. Install in a folder ..\SimObjects\WoAI.

Nico

23 hours ago, pmb said:

(bear with me, I am nearly 65).

Well, I'm nearly 64 ...

Nico

Thank you very much for your hard work.

I have a question regarding ParkPosGenerator (1.4 and 1.6b), when I change minimum number of parking positions in an airport file to less than (10 default number) nothing changes (pressed save and change with no luck), I have several small airports that I fly to, tried every thing to make ParkPosGenerator recognize their parking positions with no luck, tried changing mentioned minimum number but it always defaults back to 10 after it finishes searching with no change in total found parking.

PARKINGS.png

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

@kiek you are a superstar! Thank you for this absolutely brilliant, and astonishing tool! You´ve given me back a LOT of performance in P3D, that I now can use to fly with higher autogen settings, wile smooth, and with AI traffic following SIDs and STARS. 

To improve on VAS usage with AI-liveries, you can use the the Ordenator Texture Optimizer (made for Skyrim) to mipmap and compress textures to DXT. It can be downloaded from here . 

There is a tutorial on how to do this on AVSIM somewhere, but in a nutshell: 

Ordenator-settings.png.61bf3e0c295884f9e79f84e653a35fcc.png

0. Point the program to the WoAI (MyTraffic etc) path. 

1. Select Make if not mipmaps.

2. Resize down, and select if > 1024. 

3. BE SURE TO LET THE PROGRAM MAKE BACKUPS (if you screw up etc): 

Ordenator-settings2.png.99137aa9690e313146d0575d73b42fa4.png

4. Select "Make Backup" and point it to an empty directory. 

5. Press the Start button, and make coffee. 

I´m not sure that it will improve performance that much, but it´ll sure help VAS consumption. Many of the WOAI textures are big. 

(This tool can also be used to compress textures in airports. Many scenery developers offers lite texture packs to save on VAS, but they don´t use lower res textures in all objects necessarily. The texture quality might suffer a bit up close, but who cares, as long as you don´t run out of memory.. fair trade:) ) . 

• Upvote 1

Is there any way to keep aircraft from swapping frequently to different liveries. An example I see at an airport would be an E170 spawning in a parking position, and then every few seconds switching liveries (air europa into KLM into Alitalia). Is there an option to say "stop that! You're fine as you are"

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

5 hours ago, penta_a said:

tried changing mentioned minimum number but it always defaults back to 10 after it finishes searching with no change in total found parking.

You forgot to press the Enter key (how can I otherwise know that you are ready with editing). Please read thePSXseeconTraffic  manual, chapter 3.3:

How to make changes to the minimum number of parking positions and to aircraft types?

Put the cursor in the textbox, make your changes and press Enter, an information message will show you the new value.

38 minutes ago, bjratchf said:

Is there any way to keep aircraft from swapping frequently to different liveries. An example I see at an airport would be an E170 spawning in a parking position, and then every few seconds switching liveries (air europa into KLM into Alitalia). Is there an option to say "stop that! You're fine as you are"

Are you talking about parked aircraft or live aircraft?

Just now, kiek said:

Are you talking about parked aircraft or live aircraft?

This is with parked aircraft only- Live aircraft don't seem to switch at all, and match up impressively well 

18 minutes ago, bjratchf said:

This is with parked aircraft only- Live aircraft don't seem to switch at all, and match up impressively well 

Maybe you have overlapping parking positions in your airport.txt file...What airport are you at? What airport file are you using?

33 minutes ago, kiek said:

Maybe you have overlapping parking positions in your airport.txt file...What airport are you at? What airport file are you using?

This was at EHAM using the new FlyTampa scenery

6 minutes ago, bjratchf said:

This was at EHAM using the new FlyTampa scenery

And EHAM.txt generated by the ParkPosGenerator? 

I look every day since Nov 10, 2016  at EHAM (my home airport) but have never seen what you describe ...

1 hour ago, kiek said:

You forgot to press the Enter key (how can I otherwise know that you are ready with editing). Please read thePSXseeconTraffic  manual, chapter 3.3:

How to make changes to the minimum number of parking positions and to aircraft types?

Put the cursor in the textbox, make your changes and press Enter, an information message will show you the new value.

indeed I forgot to press Enter !!!!

I changed the number then pressed Save and thought that what it was suppose to do, my bad.

thank you much for your help.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.