Sign in to follow this  
Desaix

XP11 Beta 10 is coming...

http://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-00-release-notes/

Eventually the replay bar can be hidden...now don't tell devs are deaf to user's suggestion, it took only a couple of years...joking of course, better later than never.

Unfortunately nothing on clouds, still working on it but I can see some flight models improvements. Hope they will elaborate more on the dev's blog.

Also nice the reload scenery option although ReloadX already did the same, but any plugin we can disinstall is fine.

And of course NORMAL_METALNESS for scenery.

Thought it polite to post the info here, out of sheer convenience. :)

Key Features & Improvements

• Both new FMS and GPS restore their status correctly now to and from a .sit file.
  • 2d FMS & GPS for legacy planes.
  • NORMAL_METALNESS available to scenery authors.
  • More flight model and AI ground truck improvements.
  • Added Japanese translation.

Additional Bug Fixes

• XPD-7563 Added support for configuring runway wetness and patchiness in the UI.
  • XPD-7564 Clutter in gps flightplan.
  • XPD-7566 Make scanning aircraft folder asynchronous.
  • XPD-7571 Fuel tank dots missing in Plane Maker.
  • XPD-7585 Fix for disclosures disappearing when you close them from a “filter” mode.
  • XPD-7588 Cessna 172 indicating negative airspeed on the Airspeed indicator.
  • XPD-7597 We now allow you to hide the replay UI.
  • XPD-7598 Removed the ability to tab into the location search box while the “flight in progress” dialog is up.
  • XPD-7601 Fix for hat switches that send more than 8 directions.
  • XPD-7605, XPD-7562 CTD when entering STAR transition.
  • XPD-7614 Added master volume slider to sound settings.
  • XPD-7622 Removed problematic (and redundant) jump-to-end and jump-to-beginning replay buttons.
  • XPD-7660; XPD-7625 Allow display of real weather in alternate units.
  • XPD-7627 We now allow text entry of weights in the weight & balance screen.
  • XPD-7630 We now support searching by command identifier.
  • XPD-7631 Updated Saitek throttle quadrant file.
  • XPD-7635 Added a command to reload current scenery.
  • XPD-7636 Disabled live edit for visual offsets fields.
  • XPD-7642 Renamed “Edit Flight” button to “Flight Configuration” to attempt to combat user confusion.
  • Upvote 2

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

.More flight model and AI ground truck improvements.

It would be great if something more detailed could be given each time updates to the flight model are announced... even more, mixed with AI ground truck improvements :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thank you for the heads up.

"NORMAL_METALNESS available to scenery authors"

That's interesting, I guess that means buildings can be shiny and reflective now, too. If implemented by the author.

Did not expect this to happen so soon.

I remember Ben saying "somtime in the future", regarding shiny scenery objects.

Poor fps...

It would be great if something more detailed could be given each time updates to the flight model are announced... even more, mixed with AI ground truck improvements :-/

Just as a precaution, I checked out the X-Plane Developer's Blog, but nothing yet on any expanded explanations of improvements, fixes or anything else still needing a good onceover, prior to an RC.

Anyone wanna take bets on whether we see a Beta 11?  XP11 B11 has a strange ring to it.  :smile:

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Eventually the replay bar can be hidden...

I asked for this feature just last week. I guess in the end, if it makes sense and enough people ask, they'll eventually implement the feature.

• Upvote 1

It's like putting out patch notes that say, "We fixed some stuff."

Any good bad ugly reports guys ? thanks 

I haven't read anywhere that it is officially released yet, neither here or at the org.  I'm in no rush, just getting PB9 back to normal on my new rig and everything is peachy.  :smile:

Any good bad ugly reports guys ? thanks 

Hasn't been released yet Rich. Expecting it later in the afternoon.

I haven't read anywhere that it is officially released yet, neither here or at the org.  I'm in no rush, just getting PB9 back to normal on my new rig and everything is peachy.  :smile:

Congrats on the new rig Jimm.

Thank you guys much appreciated - not on my rig so was not sure  :wink:

Rich Sennett

While my wallet is giving me the evil eye, it was worth every penny.  This 4k screen I have just makes all of the colors "pop".  I had a test flight last night from KLAX to KSAN and the coastline at sunset was incredible.  I guess it did help to have the 770k and GTX1080. :D

• Upvote 1

While my wallet is giving me the evil eye, it was worth every penny.  This 4k screen I have just makes all of the colors "pop".  I had a test flight last night from KLAX to KSAN and the coastline at sunset was incredible.  I guess it did help to have the 770k and GTX1080. :D

Nice rig Jim good luck with it  :wink: 32gig of ram works very well in XP

Rich Sennett

Nice rig Jim good luck with it  :wink: 32gig of ram works very well in XP

Thanks Rich and yes, I used to have 32 in my other rig (for other reasons than XP) and when i got into XP, I quickly found out the 32 would come in handy, so I made sure the new rig had it and I still have room for another 32 when the time comes.  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Thanks Rich and yes, I used to have 32 in my other rig (for other reasons than XP) and when i got into XP, I quickly found out the 32 would come in handy, so I made sure the new rig had it and I still have room for another 32 when the time comes.  :wink:

There you go Jim its a lovely thing 

Rich Sennett