Sign in to follow this  
Desaix

XP11 Beta 10 is coming...

There you go Jim its a lovely thing 

What, to finally have a rig and flight sim software that can coexist in peace?  Oh you betcha. :)  I couldn't be happier now, with more flying than tweaking.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

What, to finally have a rig and flight sim software that can coexist in peace?  Oh you betcha. :)  I couldn't be happier now, with more flying than tweaking.

I hear that jump in and go  :dance:

Rich Sennett

When will the performance improvements start?

What sort of improvements are you citing?  Many people have brought this up in the past, with varying degrees of severity, coupled with specific issues tied to certain features.  In general though, I would have though by now that certain issues with performance for weather would have been improved, but I then assumed that was tied to the overall optimization of textures, which no one has any idea when that'll get straightened out.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I am talking of overall improvements. I think that XP11 is pretty slow for what it depicts, and when the beta was presented, it was said that they will start with performance improvements later in the beta. Now we are at beta 10 and I haven't really noticed any.

I am talking of overall improvements. I think that XP11 is pretty slow for what it depicts, and when the beta was presented, it was said that they will start with performance improvements later in the beta. Now we are at beta 10 and I haven't really noticed any.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but you said it is performing slowly.  Are you comparing this to another sim or perhaps XP10?  I will admit that I can get a roller coaster effect with fps, and that could be due to the graphic settings, that not knowing exactly what all is controlled by those sliders.  One "complaint" that I have is that the sliders are way too general, compared to XP10.  In XP10, you could choose from a wide range of settings that were broken out to help with removing one thing from rendering or controlling the amounts of other things to load.  If there is a wish I would like fulfilled it's that they expand, or break out a lot more to set.

So far, on my end, with both my old and new rig, XP11 fairs pretty well against XP10 and in some respects better so I guess this is a classic case of YMMV.  I think once the textures are optimized, there should be much better improvements for everyone, but this is speculation right now.

i think performance is really good in beta 9, with payware aircrafts i stay in the 40's fps range with everything set on high and a couple on max.

When will the performance improvements start?

In a way they have already started. THe major problems of the NVidia and AMD cards are no longer there. But the major performance problems right now are the CPUs, not the GPUs. They want to modernize the complete graphics interface, when they move to 11.1 . We will have to see how far this gets better results. Austin also wants a more linear performance in 11.1

A small problem, but I really wish the Cessna 172 SP could ID the navaids when you tune them in. ( The B58 does). perhaps if everyone asks, they would put it back in, I would think it wouldn't be too big of a problem to get that put in. :-)

Sweet- Fixed CTD when entering STAR transition...  I reported that!  (I'm sure others did too)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

A small problem, but I really wish the Cessna 172 SP could ID the navaids when you tune them in. ( The B58 does). perhaps if everyone asks, they would put it back in, I would think it wouldn't be too big of a problem to get that put in. :-)

It's a bug. I filed a bug ! Hope you did to ! I wish they would fix the timer on the clock. I can't seem to be able to reset it back to 0. And the clouds, I hope a fix is coming soon ! And I hate seeing the city lights underneath the clouds ! I hope there is a fix for that as well. I don't remember that being a issue in XPX-10

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

And I hate seeing the city lights underneath the clouds ! I hope there is a fix for that as well. I don't remember that being a issue in XPX-10

It used to be an issue in XP10 as well. You can also see some other lights too far through the fog (like apron illumination lights, etc.). The only lights that get attenuated properly are the runway and taxiway lights.

This is not an easy fix according to Ben Supnik, and it would not surprise me if this remains unchanged through the XP11 run  - at least until the whole graphics engine is ported to a new system like Vulcan, which would require a bigger rewrite anyway.

Jan

PS: Laminar works bugs also according to user complaints. The more recent and numerous the complaint, the faster it gets fixed. This issue is known for years, and most in the community have grown accustomed to it -> not a recent report, not many reports on this -> backburner. People shy away from filing official bug reports, and you would be surprised how few actual reports pop up at Laminar for things that are discussed and complained about ad nauseum in the forums...

Cmon, I don't think they need user reports to aknowledge the lights through clouds bug. You read it lot of time in Ben's blog user's messages. The thruth is that it's hard to fix and probably it would impact heavily on FPS or maybe they don't recognize it because they never fly in bad weather since current cloud status.

Ok, sarcastic here but it's an immersion killer.

Trying the Demo, with each Beta release hoping the FPS drop out issue will be addressed, there have been 10 updates so far, still frames will start at 20 + on rwy at KSEA, then drop to 5 or less, have to restart to get back to 20 +, then the same drop to 5 again, trying to give XP11 every chance, but these guys seem like the gang that can't shoot straight, so yeah to quote ..."When will the performance improvements start" ?