Sign in to follow this  

I am looking to replace my Saitek Pro Flight throttle quadrants and would appreciate some recommendations. My budget might stretch to about £500 including shipping. Mostly I fly large airliners but also fly the Dash 8.

I came across one that seems to fit the bill but I would like to hear from anyone who already has one of these, or any from the same maker. My Saitek throttles are beginning to spike (again) and I don't want to keep having to clean them.

I am also considering the 737-style ones on that website.

Any suggestions of similar products would be appreciated.

Regards,

PD

I have been using his Twin Pro for about a year and they have been good. I changed the handles and knobs to ones more to my liking. If you have a question or problem he is very fast to respond and easy to work with.

I would recommend them. - PT

I've been using the PFC desktop yoke and throttle quadrant and have been extremely satisfied.  PFC has been around for a while and they are extremely easy to work with. :smile: 

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I've been using the PFC desktop yoke and throttle quadrant and have been extremely satisfied.  PFC has been around for a while and they are extremely easy to work with. :smile:

But the PFC quads don't work standalone. You need a PFC yoke or console to connect them to.

To the OP - look at the Virtual Fly yokes. The TQ6 is just about within your budget and will knock the socks off the Saiteks.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thanks for the replies. I like the idea of the adjuster on the Virtual Fly one but since I mostly fly the jets I'm not sure its the right style for me.

Regards,

PD

One more vote for PFC. You get yourself the quadrant console and then you can buy whatever addon you like. Exchanging them is a minute work.

I have both the Virtualfly yoko and TQ6 quadrant - solid devices, no doubt. Using FSUIPC I can basically turn the quadrant into almost anything I want, although I'm looking into finding a way bringing the prop handles to the same height as the throttles when flying the 747. I still fly around my GA fleet, so the TQ6 is right for me.

That FSXthrottle store offers very decent devices for the money though.

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

Sorry for OT, first time to see this yoke, but seriously, it is bu**-ugly compared to PFC yokes, and that at the higher price. What does the yoko yoke have that makes it so expensive?

• Upvote 2

But the PFC quads don't work standalone. You need a PFC yoke or console to connect them to.

To the OP - look at the Virtual Fly yokes. The TQ6 is just about within your budget and will knock the socks off the Saiteks.

Sorry but by the time he adds VAT+ shipping it is way above the £500 budget. I was looking at this throttle as a substitute to my warthog and to get it shipped to the UK with VAT it came to over £600 pound.

It is a shame there are no yoke or throttle manufacturers in the UK (that I know of). 

Another vote here for the PFC Throttle Quadrant Console, with a variety of quadrants.  Also gives you gear and flap switches (I don't use the provided rudder trim knob).  Probably more than your budget though, by the time you purchase a variety of quadrants for different aircraft types.

Cheers,

Gerald

I have PFC, but I am actually looking forward to VKB releasing their throttle which seems to be in development (for anything other than FS).

Probably more than your budget though, by the time you purchase a variety of quadrants for different aircraft types.

Oh yes, those tend to become expensive. I have two (737 and generic turboprop with 6 levers) and that was alreasy in an area of $1000 altogether.

But the point about PFC, in comparison to TQ6 from GF (for example), is that PFC is WAY sturdier. You virtually can't break it. I had GF, and I returned it. Those miniature throttles feel like they are going to break any second, they twist and bend, and give 0 feeling being in an aircraft. No so for PFC. And you get a gear lever... can't beat that.

But the point about PFC, in comparison to TQ6 from GF (for example), is that PFC is WAY sturdier

But take care not to confuse VirtualFly's TQ6 with GoFlight's TQ6, they are entirely different products which unfortunately (for VF) have the same name.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

But take care not to confuse VirtualFly's TQ6 with GoFlight's TQ6, they are entirely different products which unfortunately (for VF) have the same name.

Thanks, that I did confuse. VF TQ6 does indeed look more stable. But judging from pictures, I still maintain my opinion on PFC being even sturdier. When you see the kind of mechanics hold PFC's levers together, you kinda get the idea behind...