Sign in to follow this  
Louis8

I pretty well made up my mind about developers

I bought a 737-200 from 2 different payware outfits and neither work properly . It's just good money after bad with 1/2 these outfits and unless it's A2A or PMDG i've just about had it with buying from any body else but them. If i have to wait a year more for the  DC6 so be it. 

• Upvote 1

Aa, pmdg, fsl and ixeg are on my i will trust anything they sell list for planes

• Upvote 1

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Right I do trust PMDG as they stand behind their products.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

At the moment - PMDG, FSLabs and Majestic. There are some other great developers, but it's highly unlikely we are going to see something new from them.

I don't realy fly GA planes, but i have a couple of them - RealAir was the best in my opinion(unfortunately not available anymore for purchase) and A2A(systems are great, but i like better RealAir FDE)

At the moment - PMDG, FSLabs and Majestic. There are some other great developers, but it's highly unlikely we are going to see something new from them.

I don't realy fly GA planes, but i have a couple of them - RealAir was the best in my opinion(unfortunately not available anymore for purchase) and A2A(systems are great, but i like better RealAir FDE)

I've started to wonder if P3D/FSX is becoming a heavy metal platform.  GA is so behind.  Business is almost non-existent.  I fly both heavy metal and GA and heavy metal has spoiled me with their beautiful graphics, amazing systems, Navigraph integrated nav systems, smoothness even at lower frames.  I try to find a similar quality GA and there isn't one.  Probably the closest thing in a 1980s era or later airplane would be the Flight1 Mustang or B200.  I'd love to have an IFR airplane that I could load up for a short or medium flight and just go...no passengers, no cargo, just me and the sky.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I've started to wonder if P3D/FSX is becoming a heavy metal platform.  GA is so behind.  Business is almost non-existent.  I fly both heavy metal and GA and heavy metal has spoiled me with their beautiful graphics, amazing systems, Navigraph integrated nav systems, smoothness even at lower frames.  I try to find a similar quality GA and there isn't one.  Probably the closest thing in a 1980s era or later airplane would be the Flight1 Mustang or B200.  I'd love to have an IFR airplane that I could load up for a short or medium flight and just go...no passengers, no cargo, just me and the sky.

You don't like the a2a ga planes?

• Upvote 1

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

You don't like the a2a ga planes?

I think they're the best available.  They have amazing graphics and mechanicals.  Their airplanes are also harder on frames and less smooth than the PMDG stuff on my rig.  Puzzling.  I own their 172 and 182 but, honestly, rarely fly them...kind of boring.  I take the 182 up on short hops around the airport and land.  My point is, when compared to heavy-metal, it's a very different world.  We have big-iron coming out of our ears...2 747s, 3 737s (and variants), 2 A320s (and variants), a 717, a Dash8, an Avrojet, soon a CRJ...all with native nav systems that use Navigraph, all smooth, massive attention to detail, tons of airports to fly them in and out of and I feel like GA has been, somewhat, left behind.  Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

When it comes to commercial aviation, I've only bought from PMDG and QualityWings. Also have the Eaglesoft Citation X, but that's not commercial aviation.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I'd go with anything from PMDG, A2A, Majestic or RealAir.

TFDi also did quite a nice 717, but opinions differ about them, so I'll leave it at "quite nice".

There are some other developers who I trust to make good products, but I'll just not mention them in order to get no discussions :)

Also have the Eaglesoft Citation X, but that's not commercial aviation.

Not airliner aviation you mean, most certainly you fly a Citation commercially :P

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Not airliner aviation you mean, most certainly you fly a Citation commercially :P

I thought the Citation was corporate. Or are corporate and commercial the same thing.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I thought the Citation was corporate. Or are corporate and commercial the same thing.

Somebody earns money with it. For me that makes it the same thing.

I'm still waiting for a good old analogical Boeing from PMDG... 

Give me a good PMDG styled DC-10 and you'd never ever see me in another aircraft again! :wub:

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I bought a 737-200 from 2 different payware outfits and neither work properly . It's just good money after bad with 1/2 these outfits and unless it's A2A or PMDG i've just about had it with buying from any body else but them. If i have to wait a year more for the  DC6 so be it. 

What exactly does not 'work properly' on them? It's presumably the Captain Sim, Just Flight or Milviz 737s you are referring to, since these are the main 737-200s you can get for FS. I have all of those and they seem okay to me. Sure they might not be utterly amazing in every respect, but they do work and each has their merits in one or two ways.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I think they're the best available.  They have amazing graphics and mechanicals.  Their airplanes are also harder on frames and less smooth than the PMDG stuff on my rig.  Puzzling.  I own their 172 and 182 but, honestly, rarely fly them...kind of boring.  I take the 182 up on short hops around the airport and land.  My point is, when compared to heavy-metal, it's a very different world.  We have big-iron coming out of our ears...2 747s, 3 737s (and variants), 2 A320s (and variants), a 717, a Dash8, an Avrojet, soon a CRJ...all with native nav systems that use Navigraph, all smooth, massive attention to detail, tons of airports to fly them in and out of and I feel like GA has been, somewhat, left behind.  Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way.

No, your not the only one who feels ga has been left behind.... I 100 percent agree and that's why I was disappointed to see a2a go back to old ww2 planes and real air close shop.

• Upvote 1

Mike Avallone